whisky lovers

Supermarket m8. I was trying to think of easily gettable stuff for you although Amazon is often your friend too for Whisky specially if you have prime for free delivery
I need it for this week so shop is a better idea. Any particular supermarket?

7 hours ago, Walter said:
7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
Supermarket m8. I was trying to think of easily gettable stuff for you although Amazon is often your friend too for Whisky specially if you have prime for free delivery

I need it for this week so shop is a better idea. Any particular supermarket?

It’s in Morrisons.

I’d 2nd the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

First ever taste of lagavullin 16 today. I started my whisky career with dalmore and glenfarclas and thought I knew what I was talking about but this is a completely different drink. It literally smells like bacon! 

First ever taste of lagavullin 16 today. I started my whisky career with dalmore and glenfarclas and thought I knew what I was talking about but this is a completely different drink. It literally smells like bacon! 

Drink of the Gods.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

The 12 YO cask strength , that is the next step 

and your trip to the dark side will be complete young Padawan 

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Has any of you fine gentlemen made an infinity bottle?

I have a decanter that gets the “ dregs” or “ bottlekill” I suppose that sort of qualifies ,  but it’s not a conscious thing , nor am I cultivating it , currently it is mostly a bottle of 40% glenlivet founders reserve ( literally   I won in a raffle )  I’m a 46% plus  sort of drinker 

with the 2  exceptions , 43% flora and fauna Rosebank 12 yo and Bladnoch 10yo , what’s left of those is NOT going into a homemade blend 

I have a decanter that gets the “ dregs” or “ bottlekill” I suppose that sort of qualifies ,  but it’s not a conscious thing , nor am I cultivating it , currently it is mostly a bottle of 40% glenlivet founders reserve ( literally   I won in a raffle )  I’m a 46% plus  sort of drinker 
with the 2  exceptions , 43% flora and fauna Rosebank 12 yo and Bladnoch 10yo , what’s left of those is NOT going into a homemade blend 

If you like the Bladnoch 10yo you should try this.

IMG_0520.jpg

7 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

If you like the Bladnoch 10yo you should try this.

IMG_0520.jpg

,You know , I might just at that , I saw the “Samara” today on my travels , but couldn’t summon the enthusiasm to be tempted , probably I need to venture into the grill in Aberdeen and have a tasting dram 

it will have to work hard to get past the flora and fauna 10 , ( Martin / Raymond’s 10s were nice , but were low to mid 80’s in the bbb scale with the f&f bobbing between 90 and 91 depending on my mood and the batch ...) 

,You know , I might just at that , I saw the “Samara” today on my travels , but couldn’t summon the enthusiasm to be tempted , probably I need to venture into the grill in Aberdeen and have a tasting dram 

it will have to work hard to get past the flora and fauna 10 , ( Martin / Raymond’s 10s were nice , but were low to mid 80’s in the bbb scale with the f&f bobbing between 90 and 91 depending on my mood and the batch ...) 

The 17 is a league above the Samsara

• 3 weeks later...

Was in heefrow and picked up one of the throne of games bottles , the Lagavulin 9 , not got it open yet , has anybody else risked a swally , wondering how different to the 8 yo it can be , but they mugged me and I paid up for the 9 

at at the moment , both the 8 and 9 are more expensive than the 16 ( which is bonkers and shows the power of advertising ) if only the cask strength 12 was a reasonable price ( the 2018 has crept over the hundred quid no go point ) I’d be happier 

swines