whisky lovers

On 09/12/2022 at 15:31, SweeperDee said:

£140, worth every penny. Was saving it for Hogmanay but decided to treat myself. 

8EAA7B91-E4AE-4F21-8E0D-1703B8B63833.jpeg

Haven’t tried it, but sounds a cracker. Unfortunately it’s 40 quid over the secret Santa budget, so will not be adorning the Foot residence this side of the recession. 

I got given a bottle of Tamnavulin last week. I mean, it’s been rinsed, but it’s the closest I’ve been to pouring a bottle down the sink.

Edited by The Other Foot

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

Been given a bottle clyneleish that apparently might be worth selling. 

No idea why. To add to the Highland park I was give that's worth couple hundred.

Rather the cash thanks 

Might be useful for pricing - https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/b/40/clynelish-single-malt-scotch-whisky

2 hours ago, moniton said:

I'm buying a gift for somebody who did me a favour, he like a Speyside. I want to spend around £50 and am thinking of either Glenallachie 12 or Mannochmore 12, I've never tasted these. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

If it’s the Flora & Fauna bottling of Mannochmore I had it years ago and remember my overall impression being ‘this is why they don’t really bottle it on its own’. Not bad, just not a whole lot to it. 

2 hours ago, moniton said:

I'm buying a gift for somebody who did me a favour, he like a Speyside. I want to spend around £50 and am thinking of either Glenallachie 12 or Mannochmore 12, I've never tasted these. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Can't go wrong with the Glenallachie

Previously would have been sacrilege in this thread but just due to the price of anything above cooking whisky, grabbed a bottle of Yellowstone bourbon. 

A mate of mine is a fan of rye so while getting him a bottle for a Christmas visit I grabbed that at the same time. I've had it before and it's decently priced. 

I might see myself doing similar with more bourbon and rum if above average whisky remains poor value.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Previously would have been sacrilege in this thread but just due to the price of anything above cooking whisky, grabbed a bottle of Yellowstone bourbon. 

A mate of mine is a fan of rye so while getting him a bottle for a Christmas visit I grabbed that at the same time. I've had it before and it's decently priced. 

I might see myself doing similar with more bourbon and rum if above average whisky remains poor value.

Done to death on here but Wild Turkey 101 is the standard here, along with Bulleit (bourbon or rye), Rittenhouse Rye and Four Roses Single Barrel.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Done to death on here but Wild Turkey 101 is the standard here, along with Bulleit (bourbon or rye), Rittenhouse Rye and Four Roses Single Barrel.

Rittenhouse is very good, my mate is a fan so I've got him a bottle of Sazerac which is apparently up there as well. 

Another mate has a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 sitting in my house to give him but I've never tried it. That's super cheap though so if it's at all decent then it's a bargain. 

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Rittenhouse is very good, my mate is a fan so I've got him a bottle of Sazerac which is apparently up there as well. 

Another mate has a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 sitting in my house to give him but I've never tried it. That's super cheap though so if it's at all decent then it's a bargain. 

Said a few times before but for me, it's the best pound for pound whiskey (or whisky) around. Try it pal.

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Sainsbury’s has Buffalo Trace for £20 and if you were to think of that as a (not that much) poorer man’s Blantons for a fraction of the cost you wouldn’t be miles off.