Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Yes the South Upper is open. As a Debenture holder I received my e-mail offering me tickets on Monday morning. There are 5000 of us up there so you can add 2500ish on to each of the teams supports. The debenture holders have until the 27th of this month to apply then the tickets will be offered out to the clubs.

Before anyone asks I have already offered my tickets to a very good mate who is a Hibs fan and as a percentage of the seats are owned by companies and Old firm fans who will not apply I should be able to get a few more for him.

Nice, thanks for the info bud. ;)

More than happy with the cup final ticket arrangements. 20,000 each seems about right. Throw in a couple of thousand debenture holders, as much corporate/hospitality tickets as they can squeeze out and the necessary empty seats for segreation - we're looking at a full house.

Looking forward to it. Feels a lot more real now the ticket information is out there.

Hampden's capacity is roughly 52,500 if I remember correctly, and there was about 51,500 at the Old Firm League Cup Final last season according to the BBC match report. I reckon both sides will get another 1,000/2,000 tickets eventually.

This. Rarely does a Final ever broach 51,000. Even last season's League Cup Final only got 51,181; and you assume very few people who had a ticket would decide in the end not to go to a hyped OF derby.

My expectation beforehand was that each club would receive about 22,000 tickets = 44,000 between them... There will then be a few thousand go to debenture holders, a couple of thousand to sponsors, and a couple of thousand to the rest of Scottish football (e.g. SFA member clubs get 2 free tickets + right to buy 8 tickets, IIRC). That seems fair enough - debentures helped build Hampden, sponsors help pay for the tournament and its prizemoney, and ultimately it's the showpiece day for all of the Scottish game.

Even if the total was 22,000 each club will not put a full 22,000 into the mix. Typically many or most of the club staff get taken, directors take their families and friends, players get X tickets each for their family and friends, so many hundred go on hospitality packages, etc. etc.

EDIT: Just noticed above post says there's 5,000 debentures. In that case I'd guess at most 21,000 to each club which fits "20k" stuff.

Edited by HibeeJibee

If I've got this right Rod has pulled a blinder here.

Loads of folk will go out and get a season ticket for next year now in order to guarentee a cup final ticket, making the club a packet regardless of the result. Obviously I'm slightly worried about not getting a ticket (espcecially as I actually go to games so feel like I deserve one) but where there's a will there's a way. The chances of me being able to sit/stand with folk I know seem quite slim though. That's a shame considering how much pointless shite we've sat through.

Back to the team discussion, I'd go with:

Brown

Doherty

McPake

Hanlon

Kujabi

Soares

Osbourne

Claros

Stevenson

O'Connor

Griffiths

I'm happy with that back five, with the exception of Kujabi who gives me nightmares. The midfield is solid but not very technically gifted, I like Osbourne but the rest could well go missing. It's all down to O'Connor and Griffiths really, they have the potential to create goals from nothing, and that's what they may have to do with our midfield.

Definitely not a guarenteed Hearts win, Hibs are very gradually improving.

:lol: :lol:

Absolutely no chance.

There will be a general sale but it will be a very small and oversubscribed one. How many Hearts fans (who aren't in the top 20k most dedicated) are on the Hibs database and are willing to queue for hours at Easter Road.

I just hope he's right and 14k go on general sale. :lol:

Looking at our fixtures, I think it's good preperation for the final. I wouldn't want us playing for nothing as we could become a bit stale. I also wouldn't want us fighting desperately against relegation as it could become a distraction and players might end up playing through injury's.

A wee cushion infront of Dunfermline should keep the players on their toes just enough.

All the wifes family are debenture holders so ive got all thier tickets plus the one on my season ticket one on my dads season ticket and my dads mate,whos in turkey for the final..8 in total, ive got them coming out my ears... And its still not enough, i've had loads of part timers phone me for a ticket...

If only every game was this popular...

14,000. Ma sides. They never even took that to the Semi. Might be an idea to get tickets in the Hearts end though. I know 2 Jambos that have enough loyalty points but are not going due to one of them having to work and the other going on his Honeymoon. I've no quams about putting Jambo tickets on Ebay. f**k them.

14,000. Ma sides. They never even took that to the Semi. Might be an idea to get tickets in the Hearts end though. I know 2 Jambos that have enough loyalty points but are not going due to one of them having to work and the other going on his Honeymoon. I've no quams about putting Jambo tickets on Ebay. f**k them.

in all seriousness if they want to move them let me know, id go in the jambos end if it came to it

in all seriousness if they want to move them let me know, id go in the jambos end if it came to it

not recommended for the faint hearted ?

I was in the main stand when Gordon hunter scored the winner aw them years ago.

Does it merit me a ticket ?

Does it fcuk !

I've a funny feeling this game Will be a lot more volatile than that and for the 3 o clock kick off and pubs open 24 hours strathclydes finest gonna be in for a busy day.

On the loyalty front hibs average this season just under 10k with hearts a wee bit more.

Why no just toss a coin and play at easter road or tynecastle,that way there's not a hope in hell for "glory hunters"

problem solved everybody happy :P

Craig Thomson has refereed 6 hibs games this season and we have not scored and we have always lost.

Hopefully this clown of a ref is not the ref in the final!

Are you sure it's not because your fucking gash?

Also, how does the referee stop you from scoring in six games? laugh.gif