Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

f**k off you patronising welt.

I'll agree that people leaving at 3/4-1 with 40 minutes to go is too far. Most didn't though. I truly would have stayed and watched our team pick up their medals if they had simply lost to the better team but sitting watching a bunch of cowards being humiliated at 5-1 practically constitues torture.

"Manned up a bit?" Do me a favour. I've now sat and stood through 11 games against Heats without a win and will be there at the next one. Would I be more of a man if I had sat in an empty stand 'defiantly' watching my team til the bitter end. I don't agree with EGB that these people are some kind of weirdo's, everyone just reacts differently.

Tell me how you behaved last time your bitterest rivals pumped you in a cup your team hasn't won in over a century to extend their run to 11 games unbeaten? "Rough with the smooth" :lol:

You spit the dummy before going on to agree that those leaving with 40 minutes left on the clock was poor forum. :huh:

Staying to the end is not about being 'defiant' either - it's about supporting the team through the good and the band over the 90. People that leave early because their team is losing are like wee boys stomping off screaming "I'm not playing" because they're not getting their way.

It would help, of course, if you perhaps took matters a little less seriously - your nonsense about "bitterest rivals" for starters is Weegieland media tripe. One thing to be thankful about Edinburgh derbies is both sets of fans by and large don't treat them as some sort of perpetual "Final Battle between Good and Evil" over a game of football.

As to your leading question, 1996 Scottish Cup final against Scum Of The Earth FC, score 5-1 to the Orcs. Still there to the end, because as I said, cup finals are a luxury to those of us outside of the Axis of Evil.

Two years later of course, and we who laughed last, laughed best against Fat Sally and Walter The Crook.

:lol:

Usual fuss about leaving early. It's a game of football not an endurance test. If I was a Hibs fan I'd have left when it went 5-1. Sometimes the quicker you get out the quicker you can start forgetting about the capitulation you've just witnessed.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of games I've left early but if I were a Hibs fan yesterday I probably would've left at 4, and I definitely would've left at five. Their team didn't deserve support, they didn't deserve a standing ovation at the end for their efforts, and they didn't deserve anyone clapping them picking up their medals. They were shocking. What did the Hibs fans gain from watching their biggest rivals humiliate them in a Cup final in the worst possible fashion, while the fans goaded them?

There's a difference between being a good supporter and a happy-clapping buffoon. Those that stayed til the bitter end could've been home and gave the cat a good kick by the time Hearts had lifted the trophy.

Kujabi produced the worst performance I've ever seen at the National Stadium me and my mates just laughed constantly at everything he done.

Why was he standing on the line for the first goal? If you get out after the first phase (like your told at under 12s fitba) you leave at least two Hearts players offside.

What an idiot.

I could probably count on one hand the amount of games I've left early but if I were a Hibs fan yesterday I probably would've left at 4, and I definitely would've left at five. Their team didn't deserve support, they didn't deserve a standing ovation at the end for their efforts, and they didn't deserve anyone clapping them picking up their medals. They were shocking. What did the Hibs fans gain from watching their biggest rivals humiliate them in a Cup final in the worst possible fashion, while the fans goaded them?

There's a difference between being a good supporter and a happy-clapping buffoon. Those that stayed til the bitter end could've been home and gave the cat a good kick by the time Hearts had lifted the trophy.

Agree with every word

And f**k off WaffenThinMint

You spit the dummy before going on to agree that those leaving with 40 minutes left on the clock was poor forum. :huh:

Staying to the end is not about being 'defiant' either - it's about supporting the team through the good and the band over the 90. People that leave early because their team is losing are like wee boys stomping off screaming "I'm not playing" because they're not getting their way.

It would help, of course, if you perhaps took matters a little less seriously - your nonsense about "bitterest rivals" for starters is Weegieland media tripe. One thing to be thankful about Edinburgh derbies is both sets of fans by and large don't treat them as some sort of perpetual "Final Battle between Good and Evil" over a game of football.

As to your leading question, 1996 Scottish Cup final against Scum Of The Earth FC, score 5-1 to the Orcs. Still there to the end, because as I said, cup finals are a luxury to those of us outside of the Axis of Evil.

Two years later of course, and we who laughed last, laughed best against Fat Sally and Walter The Crook.

:lol:

So it doesn't come down to defiance, what does it come down to? Stay because you're enjoying the occasion, because the team needs your support?

There is a dynamic between fans and players whereby the fans support the team and the players play for the fans. To not want it or show desire in a cup final shows a quite unbelievable betrayal of that relationship. At 3-1 and a red card the game was over, at 4-1 it's officially settled. People still stayed. At 5-1 people have more than tried their part.

I'm not casting aspersions on those who stayed after 5, fair play to them. I personally felt no duty to show faith in those players. As others have said each to their own, but please forgive me if the judgements of someone who knows nothing of the situation is taken as a little patronising and holier than though.

Okay fair play, wrong use of the word 'bitterest'. I've had nothing bad to say about Hearts or our rivalry. I don't feel any bitterness whatsoever towards them. The point stands that yesterday was in no way comparable to being humped by Rangers, a team that usually will hump Hearts. It hurts more, just as it will be more joyous for you.

"Luxury" aye? :lol: If you (incorrectly imo :P) got the sense that I was taking things too seriously, then trust me that has cheered me up anyway.

I'll agree that people leaving at 3/4-1 with 40 minutes to go is too far. Most didn't though. I truly would have stayed and watched our team pick up their medals if they had simply lost to the better team

pretty sure you did champ :unsure:

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

Is it true Hibs had 7 loan players in the starting line up yesterday?

If so there is your reason for such a shite performance players leaving and not looking back after getting a run of games to try get back in to their teams plans or play for a move to a better team , that and you had brown in goals ffs

I stayed till the end yesterday but I can't really blame those who left early, it was that painful.

After sleeping on it there's only 2 players I am bothered about keeping and that's McPake and Griffiths. Ozzy at a push but looks as if he has the heart the size of a pea if yesterdays anything to go by. The thought of Sproule, O'Hanlon and Danny Galbraith having another year on their contract sickens me.

Anyway I need McPake to stay as the McPake masks we had made for yesterday looked good and would like to wear them again at some point next season! Had to walk through the Hearts end before the game (which I was dreading) but to be fair there was some good natured banter and nothing malicious directed at me or my family!

Edited by Argyll Hibs

In all seriousness, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was actually a wee bit disappointed with Hibs yesterday. The occasion demanded that they at least gave a decent account of themselves.

Don't get me wrong, it was by far the best game I've ever been to and one of the best days of my life. Winning the biggest derby ever 5-1 is brilliant, but it would have been even better if that Hibs team wasn't such a shower of utter shitebags, losers and no-marks. It's hard to even genuinely dislike most of their players tbh. They had 20,000 fans cheering them on in their biggest game ever and they completely bent over and took it up the arse. Gretna genuinely put in 10x the performance against a much better Hearts team. I almost felt a wee bit sorry for the fans. Almost. I don't feel sorry for them, but I almost did. And when I say "feel sorry for them", of course I mean the tiniest flicker of sympathy. ph34r.gif

As utterly delightful as that was yesterday, the urge to gloat isn't anything like I thought it would be. The result speaks for itself. Heart of Midlothian own Hibernian. I'm sure it'll come, though. The first derby at Easter Road next season ought to be interesting. biggrin.gif

On the leaving early thing. I totally agree with those that fucked off when the 4th went in. Staying because the team needs your support is all well and good, but when the team in question have barely lifted a finger collectively for 85 of the 90 minutes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with fucking off early. They played like a bunch of cowards. I was actually quite surprised Hearts didn't totally destroy them in that second half (i know, strange comment on a 5-1) but when the 4th went in i genuinely though Hearts might have gone all out to get the magic "7", possibly more.

Leaving early is hardly the crime of the century when your gutless team, down to 10 men, go 4-1 down, factor in that it's a cup final against your greatest rivals, anyone with a hint of sanity would have been off like a shot.

I actually think Fenlon, given time, some backing and able to make some decent permanent signings can get Hibs up to a much more respectable league position. As for Hearts, they should be pulling out all the stop to keep Black in that side. I think he's had a terrific season.

PS: Did that Masterchef chap turn up?

Edited by jupe1407

If so there is your reason for such a shite performance players leaving and not looking back after getting a run of games to try get back in to their teams plans or play for a move to a better team , that and you had brown in goals ffs

Not quite... Doherty, Soares, McPake, Griffiths are all on loans which have now expired and Claros is on a loan until Christmas (although apparently he's unlikely to go back to Honduras... it was set-up so he'd either sign for us or move somewhere else in Europe). So that's 4 or 5 basically.

Brown, Stevenson, O'Connor, Osbourne, Hanlon all signed as is Kujabi who got a 2-year deal in January?!?!

I'm not for leaving early at games but I have done it a few times. The cup semi final against United at Tynecastle was the last time. The whole team was gutless and an absolute disgrace, if they don't give a f**k then why should I?

I don't agree with the ones that left with about half an hour to go, that's just silly. It's a cup final FFS, anything can happen.

Four one down, they kunts ten men? I'm sure you would stay like.

5 mate

Doherty

McPake

Claros

Soares

Griffiths

Not quite... Doherty, Soares, McPake, Griffiths are all on loans which have now expired and Claros is on a loan until Christmas (although apparently he's unlikely to go back to Honduras... it was set-up so he'd either sign for us or move somewhere else in Europe). So that's 4 or 5 basically.

Brown, Stevenson, O'Connor, Osbourne, Hanlon all signed as is Kujabi who got a 2-year deal in January?!?!

:lol: Whatever they're paying him, it's too much.