Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

As my friendly Gers fan says above, it is good when they are confident!

Hibs have the better forward line and will win 3-2 :D

110 years is a good time to win and it is all set up for the Greatest Game in History apart from 7-0 on New Years Day 1973. :o

A fit Hibs team with the luck of our great Irish Manager can secure the Cup. Plus we will have no debt! ;)

110 years is a good time to win and it is all set up for the Greatest Game in History apart from 7-0 on New Years Day 1973. :o

A fit Hibs team with the luck of our great Irish Manager can secure the Cup. Plus we will have no debt! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Skacel & Beattie >>>>>>>>>>> Griffiths & O'Connor

I have no idea why but since Sunday, the more I dwell on it, the more confident I'm becoming.

Every one of the recent derby pumpings I have went in supremely unconfident, and said as much on here. I'm certainly not a blind optomist when it comes to Hibs, quite the opposite in fact. Our shiteness in the last few derbies has massively flattered Hearts though, who are an average at best mid-table team. Now I know that we are worse but I just have a good feeling (I have no idea what's going on, I never do before derbies/big games).

They are a better team, no doubt. They do have players that can make a mistake though and we have one or two that are pulling goals out of nowhere. Hearts have shown to want it more in every derby I can remember but I just can't comprehend that being the case this time. In terms of pride they have it all to lose and the jambo's I've spoken to aren't their usual self. They know a lifetime of fairly earned bragging rights and superiority can be undone in 90/120 minutes. They're shitting it and so will the boys in maroon next month.

A long time for my attitude to change though. :lol:

Has your better forward line scored against us this season

40 years ago:lol:Only a Lochend pikey thinks a game 40 year ago is better than getting humped 4-0 in a scottish cup semi final:lol:

He makes CC Blooms,Bingo Hughes,Boaby Williamson,Sponge Bob,The Fat Finn,Fwank Saucey,look like Sir Alex Ferguson.

Edited by tynie arms

so you wouldnt be confident if you're opponents hadnt beaten you in their last 10 attempts?

yes i can understand having confidence but the way hearts fans are talking it's as if they think the cup is as good as won , its the scottish cup final anything can happen we had gretna take youse to penalties, queen of the south come back from two goals down to us , only to lose 3-2 , ross county pump celtic all in the last few years. there is a difference between confidence and over confidence imo :)

All I have to do when thinking about this game is roll back a few years to the 2006 semi - a game with more or less the same importance as this final. The only difference being we didn't receive the trophy that day.

Hibs thought it was "their year/destiny/fate" etc that year as well. :rolleyes:

The fact is, there is no such thing as destiny or fate. Hibs played Celtic in the 2001 final which would have stopped it going to 100 years without winning the trophy, and that was with a good team. Result? They were pumped 3-0.

Hearts are the far better team and if we continue to win our individual battles as we have in every game this season against Hibs, we will win. Hibs have one or two decent players and were poor for the most part against an utter shite Aberdeen.

Webster, Black, Rudi, Beattie, Gary Locke etc. They know the script.

All I have to do when thinking about this game is roll back a few years to the 2006 semi - a game with more or less the same importance as this final. The only difference being we didn't receive the trophy that day.

Hibs thought it was "their year/destiny/fate" etc that year as well. :rolleyes:

The fact is, there is no such thing as destiny or fate. Hibs played Celtic in the 2001 final which would have stopped it going to 100 years without winning the trophy, and that was with a good team. Result? They were pumped 3-0.

Hearts are the far better team and if we continue to win our individual battles as we have in every game this season against Hibs, we will win. Hibs have one or two decent players and were poor for the most part against an utter shite Aberdeen.

Webster, Black, Rudi, Beattie, Gary Locke etc. They know the script.

i also believe that the game is hearts to lose , they have proved that they are the better side of the two but its cup final day , some players will thrive or crumble due to the nerves, atmosphere, tension. If i was a hearts fan i just wouldnt take it all for granted and start boasting about how easy it is gonna be that is all :)also hearts have been winning against hibs alot recently , but they have all been run of the mill type games I mean when was the last Edinburgh derby which actually meant something i.e battle for euro spot etc :huh:

Edited by forever_blue

i also believe that the game is hearts to lose , they have proved that they are the better side of the two but its cup final day , some players will thrive or crumble due to the nerves, atmosphere, tension. If i was a hearts fan i just wouldnt take it all for granted and start boasting about how easy it is gonna be that is all :)also hearts have been winning against hibs alot recently , but they have all been run of the mill type games I mean when was the last Edinburgh derby which actually meant something i.e battle for euro spot etc :huh:

Most of our players have experienced this sort of occasion before. :)

Hearts better make sure they can scrape the funds together by the end of the month, or they may just take a wee huff to themselves. :)

for wages? you mean the wages we paid early this month? :rolleyes:8)

Wage chat? Fucking hell. :lol:

I like how you all like to drool at the mouth about having better players, completely arrogant to the fact that they have no right being there in the first place.

I can't really blame Hearts fans for being so smug though, if it was a more even playing field they'd all go hiding back in their slums. :)

It's all irrelevant though. Hearts players will turn up thinking the cup is already won. We'll go out prepared and we'll take that cup back to Leith with us. 8)

It's quite funny reading posts from Hibs Fans about this being their year. If all of us Hearts fans, Hibs fans hell even the players and management and everyone connected with both clubs are completely honest with ourselves and each other. We all know when it comes down to it, Hibs will shit themselves and Hearts will win this game with a couple of goals to spare.

I am shitting myself, hopefully calm down nearer the time. The thought of watching Hibs win the cup makes me sick. We have so much more to lose than Hibs.

We have the same thing to lose - a cup final.

I like how you all like to drool at the mouth about having better players, completely arrogant to the fact that they have no right being there in the first place.

I can't really blame Hearts fans for being so smug though, if it was a more even playing field they'd all go hiding back in their slums. :)

It's all irrelevant though. Hearts players will turn up thinking the cup is already won. We'll go out prepared and we'll take that cup back to Leith with us. 8)

I take it your signature was meant to be a part of that post? :lol:

24drexs.jpg

Glorious.