Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

Was that no the cripple and big Kev broke his face :lol:

no it was when deek tried to go through Skacel and got sent off for his trouble. Kyle supposedly told him to try it on him and he shat it :lol:

no it was when deek tried to go through Skacel and got sent off for his trouble. Kyle supposedly told him to try it on him and he shat it :lol:

'Try it on him?'

So Riordan should have stepped 10 yards back. Got up to full speed and two footed a guy off the ball, having already been sent off. Kyle's hardman talk doesn't even make sense. :lol: :lol:

That mumbling flaky fud made Riordan sound like Stephen Fry.

'Try it on him?'

So Riordan should have stepped 10 yards back. Got up to full speed and two footed a guy off the ball, having already been sent off. Kyle's hardman talk doesn't even make sense. :lol: :lol:

That mumbling flaky fud made Riordan sound like Stephen Fry.

I am paraphrasing here my part time chum. 8)

I was in no fit state to post anything yesterday, it was hard enough getting through work my hangover from Sunday's celebrations was that bad!

I won a 2 day Poker tournament just after Christmas for just over 6 grand- foolishly, before play began on the 2nd day (I was reasonably well placed in the standings at that stage) I told the girlfriend that if I managed to win it, we could forget going up North for holidays this year as originally planned to save money and we'd have a 3 week holiday in Florida, splashing out on tickets to all the parks and everything.

I'm normally the guy who would be the one taking the piss out of mates who were on holidays, agreed to attend weddings etc. on Cup final day but this time, in an effort to miss the time when kids were on holiday and certain weeks at the start of June when certain festivals are held in the area, it was me who committed the cardinal sin. Without thinking about it, I forgot about the Scottish Cup Final and booked a holiday from the 5th to the 26th of May

When I first realised I was raging at myself, but told myself it wasn't that bad. We hadn't been to the final stages of the real cup since 2006. Scraping a win against Talbot then being held to a draw by St Johnstone was certainly no form for a team that would make it to the final. Even after Zal scored the late late winner up in Perth, after being held to a draw by the other Saints and the first 10 minutes through in Paisley it was still looking like the nightmare possibility of being away on holiday when Hearts were in the final had a very slim chance of actually happening. The bookies had us at long odds against Celtic, but when Griffiths scored on Saturday I knew the football gods were conspiring to teach me the biggest fucking organisational lesson of all time. Bad enough I'd be on holiday when Hearts were in the final- we're playing Hibs for the first time since 1896! (only 6 years before they last won it incidentally 8) ). I was jumping around with the rest of my mates behind the goal after the game on Sunday right enough, but it was already forefront of my mind I wasn't going to be there when it mattered.

Things got worse when I got into work yesterday morning. My colleagues (the only 2 of whom profess any interest in Scottish football are both Celtic fans) were snidey, weaselly b*****ds. As soon as the final whistle went on Sunday most of them realised immediately the conundrum I had (I'm always getting the piss taken out of me for using holiday for European trips or for giving my time free because I'm on the Hearts Shareholders committee). It's bad enough when it's football fans because you can always take the piss out of them when their team has it tough, but these snivelling rodents (especially the Celtic fans) always have the "I couldn't give a shit" attitude when anything good happens to Hearts (or bad to Celtic). Combined with the hangover I already had, by the time I went home I'd lost my usual cool, calm, collected and level headed demeanour and was ready to lash out at anything (especially if it was Green).

The final straw was my old man (who's a Hibby, but normally forgivable because it was him who took me to Tynecastle when I was too young to go by myself) phoning up to take the piss. Immediately after putting the phone down I jumped on the internet and looked for flights. £1200 later, my girlfriend and I (to be fair to her she didn't even try and convince me not to- the only condition was I paid for her to travel back and for her match ticket!) are now leaving Orlando on the 17th, arriving in Edinburgh on the 18th and heading back to Orlando on the 20th. I'd be shitting myself anyway about the final (no idea how I'm going to sleep before then) but the possibility that I've just paid £1200 to watch Hibs end their hoodoo against Hearts is actually literally sickening. The alternative (and I'm more than willing to accept the challenge of convincing airport staff I'm sober enough to fly on the Sunday) will be one of the best days of my life and well worth 10 times the amount paid.

The same work colleagues today are telling me I'm crazy, and are incredulous that I'd go to such lengths because "of a game". Maybe they're right, but part of me thinks it's actually envy- what do they have in their lives (besides family) that they're passionate enough about to "justify" such craziness?

Bring on the Hibees.

Edited by Clum's Choreographer

In other words, it just never happened. :)

well I wasnt on the pitch to listen in to their conversation :huh: but kyle had a word in his ear as he trudged off after a pathetic challenge and he shat it. 8) Hope this clarifies.

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

I was in no fit state to post anything yesterday, it was hard enough getting through work my hangover from Sunday's celebrations was that bad!

I won a 2 day Poker tournament just after Christmas for just over 6 grand- foolishly, before play began on the 2nd day (I was reasonably well placed in the standings at that stage) I told the girlfriend that if I managed to win it, we could forget going up North for holidays this year as originally planned to save money and we'd have a 3 week holiday in Florida, splashing out on tickets to all the parks and everything.

I'm normally the guy who would be the one taking the piss out of mates who were on holidays, agreed to attend weddings etc. on Cup final day but this time, in an effort to miss the time when kids were on holiday and certain weeks at the start of June when certain festivals are held in the area, it was me who committed the cardinal sin. Without thinking about it, I forgot about the Scottish Cup Final and booked a holiday from the 5th to the 26th of May.

When I first realised I was raging at myself, but told myself it wasn't that bad. We hadn't been to the final stages of the real cup since 2006. Scraping a win against Talbot then being held to a draw by St Johnstone was certainly no form for a team that would make it to the final. Even after Zal scored the late late winner up in Perth, after being held to a draw by the other Saints and the first 10 minutes through in Paisley it was still looking like the nightmare possibilty of being away on holiday when Hearts were in the final had a very slim chance of actually happening. The bookies had us at long odds against Celtic, but when Griffiths scored on Saturday I knew the football gods were conspiring to teach me the biggest fucking organisational lesson of all time. Bad enough I'd be on holiday when Hearts were in the final- we're playing Hibs for the first time since 1896! (only 6 years before they last won it incidentally dry.gif ). I was jumping around with the rest of my mates behind the goal after the game on Sunday right enough, but it was already forefront of my mind I wasn't going to be there when it mattered.

Things got worse when I got into work yesterday morning. My colleagues (the only 2 of whom profess any interest in Scottish football are both Celtic fans) were snidey, weaselly b*****ds. As soon as the final whistle went on Sunday most of them realised immediately the conundrum I had (I'm always getting the piss taken out of me for using holiday for European trips or for giving my time free because I'm on the Hearts Shareholders comittee). It's bad enough when it's football fans because you can always take the piss out of them when their team has it tough, but these snivelling rodents (especially the Celtic fans) always have the "I couldn't give a shit" attitude when anything good happens to Hearts (or bad to Celtic). Combined with the hangover I already had, by the time I went home I'd lost my usual cool, calm, collected and level headed demanour and was ready to lash out at anything (especially if it was Green).

The final straw was my old man (who's a Hibby, but normally forgivable because it was him who took me to Tynecastle when I was too young to go by myself) phoning up to take the piss. Immediately after putting the phone down I jumped on the internet and looked for flights. £1200 later, my girlfriend and I (to be fair to her she didn't even try and convince me not to- the only condition was I paid for her to travel back and for her match ticket!) are now leaving Orlando on the 17th, arriving in Edinburgh on the 18th and heading back to Orlando on the 20th. I'd be shitting myself anyway about the final (no idea how I'm going to sleep before then) but the possibility that I've just paid £1200 to watch Hibs end their hoodoo against Hearts is actually literally sickening. The alternative (and I'm more than willing to accept the challenge of convincing airport staff I'm sober enough to fly on the Sunday) will be one of the best days of my life and well worth 10 times the amount paid.

The same work colleagues today are telling me I'm crazy, and are incredulous that I'd go to such lenghs because "of a game". Maybe they're right, but part of me thinks it's actually envy- what do they have in their lives (besides family) that they're passionate enough about to "justify" such craziness?

Bring on the Hibees.

^^^^^^

Still not committed enough

My arse piece was going faster than a Japanese tourists camera shutter lens on Sunday. I'm pretty sure I'll end up shitting out my own skeleton at the final.

:lol:

I was using the phrases "twitching like a mouses nose" and "5p-10p". But that one just blows them both out of the water. :lol:

i have to admit hearts fan are being a tad over confident for this final from what i have saw on this forum :huh: that might come back and give you a right sore bite on the arse :lol:

so you wouldnt be confident if you're opponents hadnt beaten you in their last 10 attempts?

Edited by Haters Gonna Hate

i have to admit hearts fan are being a tad over confident for this final from what i have saw on this forum :huh: that might come back and give you a right sore bite on the arse :lol:

And for that reason, I will not, nor will I allow myself at any point to get complacent at any point about this game.

You could argue that it is almost a blessing having Hibs instead of Aberdeen for that reason mentioned, as we could at least just about take a beating to Aberdeen in the final. Hibs would leave me inconsolable :(

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Already humped the Lochend hammer throwers 3 times this season.

Not lost a derby in the last ten.

Knocked out the cup holders.

Neil McCann came out with cracker after the game.The hobos will be hiding behind the curtins after that result :lol: