Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

I think anyone who thinks there is a favourite for this is a bit naive.

Our players have clearly shown they are a lot more up for derbies but that will be offset by Hibs' players desire to win the cup.

It'll be a proper ding dong battle.

i have to admit hearts fan are being a tad over confident for this final from what i have saw on this forum :huh: that might come back and give you a right sore bite on the arse :lol:

It doesn't matter how confident we are, if we lose Hibs fans will milk the f**k out of it, and rightly so.

My initial reaction was of nerves. Hibs haven't won the cup in 110 years, they haven't beaten us in 10 games and now they have the opportunity to end all of that in the biggest derby ever. It almost seems as if they are destined to win.

However, the more I think about this game, the more confident I am. Guys like Beattie, Skacel, Webster, Zaliukas, Black etc. aren't just good players, they have a lot of character. They know what the game means and when the derbies come round they have always stepped up and put a performance in (maybe too early to say that about Beattie, but everything so far suggests he's that sort of character). We also have a manager who is very tactically astute, says all the right things and won't let the occasion get to him. I just can't see them bottling this, they'll be right up for it.

Of course it's a one-off game of football and anything can happen. The O'Connor/Griffiths combo does give me some concern, as well as the possibility of Zaliukas having one of his 'moments'. But this is a brilliant opportunity to win the cup for the 3rd time in my life and I think we'll do it. You can guarantee I'll be a bag of nerves on the day, though, and the game itself will be an absolute ordeal.

I can't wait. cool.gif

Edited by DC92

It's quite funny reading posts from Hibs Fans about this being their year. If all of us Hearts fans, Hibs fans hell even the players and management and everyone connected with both clubs are completely honest with ourselves and each other. We all know when it comes down to it, Hibs will shit themselves and Hearts will win this game with a couple of goals to spare.

I'm saving this one. :)

I like how you all like to drool at the mouth about having better players, completely arrogant to the fact that they have no right being there in the first place.

I can't really blame Hearts fans for being so smug though, if it was a more even playing field they'd all go hiding back in their slums. :)

It's all irrelevant though. Hearts players will turn up thinking the cup is already won. We'll go out prepared and we'll take that cup back to Leith with us. 8)

I still can't work out if you are 13 years old, a half-wit or wear velcro trainers and lick windies.

As my friendly Gers fan says above, it is good when they are confident!

For years we've been confident and Hibs have bottled it on the day.

I really can't see that changing any time soon. smile.gif

Only a daftie would go by train.

There will be trouble on the way back and in the centre of old weegie town.The pissed up losers will kick off.

I suppose there will be special Hearts and Hibs trains like there was at the final.

Trouble is only there if you look for it, we got the train back with quite a few Celtic supporters on Sunday and there was absolutely no trouble, so i doubt there would be any trouble between Hearts and Hibs fans.

Edit: Got the day wrong.

Edited by GorgieRoad

I feel fucking sick already.

Edit: One thing I've noticed about Hibs is that whilst our team has always seemed to want to win derbies less than Hearts in recent years (which is ridiculous) there does seem to be more passion there now. All the players looked elated on Saturday as did Fenlon, and having seen a few Hibs players FB pages recently they're all getting extremely excited. I don't know if that's actually a good thing or not, composure will be needed.

I'm not massively confident but I'm 100% sure that a lack of effort won't be a problem, which it has been in most of the last 10 derbies.

Edited by Guest

Gavin Riley@hmfcriley @GreggAWallace So have we convinced you to come? I'll buy you a top, scarf and a beer if you do! ;)

Gregg Wallace@GreggAWallace @hmfcriley looking into it, have contacted the club

Retweeted by JambosKickback

He can GTF and wait for the public sale.