Tattoos

Saw a guy in Aberdeen last week with his entire face tattooed over. Looked terrible and like he'd done it ~30 years ago. I wouldn't recommend.

Seen him as well. Mainly around the bus station (Union Square). Don't think I'd ever get any part of my face tattooed, if I did it would probably be on the inside of my bottom lip.

Been wanting to get a tattoo for years, just never had the money. Now I have an income I'm looking to start, just don't know what to get. Whilst I do want tattoos I don't want any thing I'd look at later & regret

Seen him as well. Mainly around the bus station (Union Square). Don't think I'd ever get any part of my face tattooed, if I did it would probably be on the inside of my bottom lip.

Been wanting to get a tattoo for years, just never had the money. Now I have an income I'm looking to start, just don't know what to get. Whilst I do want tattoos I don't want any thing I'd look at later & regret

You won't necessarily have the same tastes and interests later in life as you do now, just as you didn't before you got to the age you are currently. That being the case, if you hold off waiting to find some magic, timeless, classic tattoo that will remain meaningful and appealing to you for the duration of your life then you'll never get one. Too many people seem to think that their tattoos need to be somehow meaningful or "deep", but at the end of the day it's body decoration, so if you like it get it, if you can't find or design any nthat you like enough to get them permanently etched then don't.

Actually that leads me onto a pet hate of mine; tattoo bores. The folk who insist on showing everyone who'll listen their tattoos and telling them how much it means to them and why they got it and what it represents. Cringeworthy wankers.

You won't necessarily have the same tastes and interests later in life as you do now, just as you didn't before you got to the age you are currently. That being the case, if you hold off waiting to find some magic, timeless, classic tattoo that will remain meaningful and appealing to you for the duration of your life then you'll never get one. Too many people seem to think that their tattoos need to be somehow meaningful or "deep", but at the end of the day it's body decoration, so if you like it get it, if you can't find or design any nthat you like enough to get them permanently etched then don't.

Totally agree. Tattoos don't have to mean anything if you really like the design then get it.

Yeah iv'e booked a full day sitting to get most of it done, then will book another few hours to get it finished :D

I'm the complete opposite, as you can tell from my picture i really like Kat Von D, would probably pump her till it fell off.

Attractive looking girls with such horrific tattoos actually make me sick, its just a total waste of skin. Theres a bird who works in the William hill in Leith who I have a soft spot for and occasionally have a tug about who has a similar downfall. Would still definitely smash it though

Attractive looking girls with such horrific tattoos actually make me sick, its just a total waste of skin. Theres a bird who works in the William hill in Leith who I have a soft spot for and occasionally have a tug about who has a similar downfall. Would still definitely smash it though

That's my wee cousin

Actually that leads me onto a pet hate of mine; tattoo bores. The folk who insist on showing everyone who'll listen their tattoos and telling them how much it means to them and why they got it and what it represents. Cringeworthy wankers.

I'm bad for this when drunk.

I've got tattoos myself, so I'm in no position to judge, but one I've never understood is people who get one in a foreign language which is inevitably misquoted and misspelled.

Chinese is a minefield for that - remember talking to a Chinese girl who had been chatted up by a Scottish guy who proceeded to show her the ink he'd got in Hong Kong while travelling. He told her it signified strength or courage or something along these lines.

What it signified was the Chinese version of bawbag.

I'm in the middle of getting a half-sleeve done at Hepcat in Glasgow. Not back in until May 31st though so just enough time for me to forget how sore it is.

A couple of tips:

• Don't go in with a hangover.
  • Have something to eat beforehand.
  • Take ibuprofen.
  • Put ibuleve gel on the intended area of the tattoo.

My mate got his half torso finished the other week, the tattooist (aforementioned Cammy) gave him a couple Tramadol to numb the pain. My mate, ONE HOUR LATER, still thought it was pretty unbearable. Cammy left the room to take a call, my mate got up and tanned another two trammy's.

Needless to say, spew everywhere, taxi phoned and said mate absolutely jakey'd out his tits :lol:

Tramadol are the berries, but they don't half give me the opiate itch. I end up happily stoned out my melon, scratching away at my flesh in a daze.

My mate got his half torso finished the other week, the tattooist (aforementioned Cammy) gave him a couple Tramadol to numb the pain. My mate, ONE HOUR LATER, still thought it was pretty unbearable. Cammy left the room to take a call, my mate got up and tanned another two trammy's.

Needless to say, spew everywhere, taxi phoned and said mate absolutely jakey'd out his tits :lol:

The stomach and chest are probably two of the sorest areas to have inked to be fair.