What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Re-watched 'Heat' on Netflix which I thought was a great film when I saw it as a teenager in the 90's.  I thought it was really boring, completely devoid of any wit or humour to lighten up how boring the story is.  It was a disappointment, Micheal Mann's films tend to be a bit mediocre. Quality ponytail from Val Kilmer though. 5/10
That must have been taken down as I can't find it on Netflix [emoji853]

Call Me By Your Name (Sky) - 8/10

One of those films where bugger all happens but everything happens at the same time. Takes a while to get going but thought it was superb by the time it finished. Who knew a peach had more than one purpose...

robocop (2014) 3/10

Just no. not a terrible attempt at a reboot as at least they have tried something different and not just gone for a straight remake keeping everything exactly the same. i have a connection with the original as it came out when i was a child and it was a favourite of mine so this was probably on a hiding to nothing with me.

it was an easy way to waste a few hours though

eta it got a point for samuel L alone as, well lets face it, its samuel L!

kingsman 7/10
thought this was a fun film that had a few playful digs at the bond franchise. really enjoyed it and so did the missus and we rarely agree on films. an enjoyable film that i would recommend.

herd the second one is pish. can anyone confirm?

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

kingsman 7/10
thought this was a fun film that had a few playful digs at the bond franchise. really enjoyed it and so did the missus and we rarely agree on films. an enjoyable film that i would recommend.

herd the second one is pish. can anyone confirm?

The second one is pish, but enjoyable pish. Plenty of funny moments but there is a bit in it that damages the effect a scene had in the first film(I won't mention what, but if you watch it, you'll know what bit I'm referring to immediately)

The second one is pish, but enjoyable pish. Plenty of funny moments but there is a bit in it that damages the effect a scene had in the first film(I won't mention what, but if you watch it, you'll know what bit I'm referring to immediately)
thanks. i will watch it at some point. tonights viewing is den of thieves and possibly the incredibles 2. i have a big kid in me! any feedback would be appreciated

Watched La La Land on Saturday night. Didn't enjoy it one bit. The opening song gave me instant vibes that it would be an alright experience at best and honestly the film peaked there and went downhill. Music numbers were completely forgettable and for a musical the audio mixing was atrocious. If the entire point of your film is to blend a story with songs then a good first step is to make your lyrics intelligible. The sets had a great look to them and Ryan Gosling playing piano is impressive but when even the lovely Emma Stone can't hold my attention then somebody fucked up. Run time was 40 minutes too long, despite Goslings musical ability his acting wasn't selling that he was as a down on his luck musician. I love musicals but this is just the usual Oscar w**k that Hollywood loses their shit for and then a norm on civie street comes along 2 years later and only sees garbage. Utter shite.

Watched Taxi driver last night and thought it was shit.
You aint wrong. One of those movies that I'd have quite enjoyed stumbling onto at 1am on film four but if its given any level of expectation it just turns into sour shite. See also: The Godfather

Wouldn't call Taxi Driver shit. Think it's an okay movie. Probably suffers from overhype a bit. But I don't think it's a great movie by any means and can understand folk saying "that was shit" as a result. It doesn't meet expectations.

Inside Man

Okay. This is smart as f**k. A script that is sharp as f**k as well. Denzel giving not QUITE his best ever performance but very close as Det. Frazier going after Clive Owen's cool as f**k bank robber who clearly doesn't give a shit who he hurts to get what he wants.

9/10

2 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

Mamma Mia 'Here we go again'. Fab film. Will deal with the abuse that I probably deserve for saying so.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Nah. f**k that. It's a shitload of fun.

Agreed.

Think I enjoyed it more than the first actually.

Have been away for the last few weeks so have done some catching up with my unlimited card in the last 18 hours with three films:

The First Purge

Haven't seen any of the previous films but as this is a prequel, thought I could get away with watching it. Enjoyable enough, if a bit heavy on the whole stereotypical gangster thing. Plus, for street thugs, they seem to have some good training with military grade weaponry.

Felt like they could maybe have went into more detail about the actual build up to the experiment and what had happened in America as that seemed to be rushed through in a little compilation clip.

Also, enjoyed the not too subtle Trump reference when the guy tried to drag the woman into the sewer

6.5/10

Tag

Some really good laughs here and yet another one of those buddy comedies which I thoroughly enjoyed but not enough to make me bother with watching it again at any point.

Very over the top with some good dialogue and solid performances from the main cast. Not enough however, is made out of the fact that Gerry is a c**t.

7/10

Imcredibles 2

So glad to finally get to see this and was not disappointed. Pixar again pulling an absolute gem out of the bag. The different dynamic from the first one really works and the increased role of Jack Jack made for some of the funniest bits of the film. Also liked the fact that the apparently obvious twist, ended up not materialising quite as expected. All in all, an excellent film and worthy sequel to the original.

9/10

On a side note, about 5 kids I teach were in the same showing and it only just dawned on me that they weren't born when the original was released. Feeling old.....