What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Salty - I guarantee that you will come out of AVP2 thinking "what a piece of crap" if you watch Aliens beforehand.

I'm prob going to see AVP2 on Feb 1st, so if its on telly before then I'll watch it.

Just noticed I have 43 DVDs here that I want to see enough that I've put them on my imdb list, and another 20 that I don't care enough about!

If PotC3 doesn't show up today, could someone give me a number between 1 and 43 and I will watch that film (obviously it's in alphabetical order)?

EDIT: Never mind, PotC3 has showed up in the post.

Edited by SaltyTON

Signed up for 90 day free trial with Love Film yesterday, top package unlimited rentals with 3 at a time at home, code on their main page to enter is XMLF719, dont enter that code and you only get 14 days free trial. Can either cancel or downgrade your package at end of trial period. Blu rays a go go :-)

Just watched Harold and Kumar get the munchies (i think that was what it was called) Very very bizarre film. Pished myself thou so job done i suppose 7/10

Its actually Harold and Kumar go to white castle. Obviously since no-one in the UK know what White castle is, they had to change the name.

Signed up for 90 day free trial with Love Film yesterday, top package unlimited rentals with 3 at a time at home, code on their main page to enter is XMLF719, dont enter that code and you only get 14 days free trial. Can either cancel or downgrade your package at end of trial period. Blu rays a go go :-)

Wait until the end to cancel and you'll get charged, cancel a week before it ends.

edit: forgot to say that "The Shawshank Redemption" is on at 9 on Film Four.

Edited by SaltyTON

Looked out an older movie, Se7en, just for the sheer hell of it, and good lord, that's a creepy movie. Top notch atmosphere, although Morgan Freeman is pretty inane as he is in most movies - see the aforementioned Shawshank Redemption. Still, with brainless rubbish like the Bourne... this reminds you that hollywood is capable of excellent if sporadic moments. 8/10.

Wait until the end to cancel and you'll get charged, cancel a week before it ends.

edit: forgot to say that "The Shawshank Redemption" is on at 9 on Film Four.

Cheers, its in my outlook diary to mind me at the start of April, Bourne Ultimatum, 1408 and Superbad are in the post to me. :)

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I'm no big fans of musicals and this is a musical with a capital M, but Tim Burton is back on form, Johnny Depp is up to his usual high standard and the killings are indeed quite over the top and probably worthy of the 18 rating. I'd be interested to know how it compares to what is done on stage.

I'll give it a 7/10. It would be an 8 if it wasn't for some of the more irritating songs. Depp's songs ar fairly good though. He must have modelled his singing on very early Bowie - the Uncle Arthur, She's Got Medals period.

Perfect Stranger

This isn't very good, but there are a couple of good points about it. First off, the performance of Giovanni Ribisi is really good, even if it ends up going nowhere. And there's also a couple of good wee twists. However, nothing makes up for Bruce Willis' character shouting "BAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!" as he goes to punch Halle Berry. Hilarious stuff.

3/10

Very bored last night with nothing going on so made my way through 3 films...

Balls Of Fury (5/10)

Some funny moments espescially when you remember that it is a film about ping pong. But pretty weak plot and very obvious finish.

Rocket Science (8/10)

This was a film I had never heard of before, randomly came across it and decided to give it a go. For an American comedy surprisingly the humour was subtle and not in your face, the characters speech impedimant was not overly played so actually allowed you to make a connection with his struggle. Overall a really good film only the slight rushed ending stopped this gettin a 9!

Good Luck Chuck (8/10)

Another really funny film but this time the humour was more crude and in your face. Despite this it did exactly its purpose with making me sit there pissing myself at the many jokes, Dan Foglers character was excellent here as everyone knows someone brash like him.