What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Evil Dead is by far and away the best horror franchise of the lot. I don't care that the third one's basically a comedy, the first is a tremendous example of what you can do on a low budget and the second is a brilliant remake / sequel. If you treat the third one as a comedy and not a horror then it's an excellent film.

Are there any films where Quentin Tarantino plays a major role? Doesn't necessarily have to be one that he's directed, doubt it would be tbh since I think True Romance is his only film I've not seen yet.

From Dusk til Dawn is his biggest role.

The Evil Dead is by far and away the best horror franchise of the lot. I don't care that the third one's basically a comedy, the first is a tremendous example of what you can do on a low budget and the second is a brilliant remake / sequel. If you treat the third one as a comedy and not a horror then it's an excellent film.

The last two are comedy horrors, of which the second is a remake - albeit hilarious!

The first isn't even in the same league as Saw, it was made before I was born and still cost $350k, which after inflation is not much less than Saw cost in 2004, and Saw made more in the opening weekend than Evil Dead did in total!

Yeah, Night of the Living, Dawn, Day, Land and their remakes. Although I'd be tempted to just include the original Night/Dawn/Day series. But I also believe that the others stand up to Saws.

Quick check of his imdb, I've also not seen Survival of the Dead. Although that was a straight to dvd so I'm not surprised

I will admit that the original trilogy would be better than Saw, but Diary was not very good, Land was cheesy as f**k but enjoyable and Survival was a spoof!

Watched a few things recently

Grown-Ups 2/10 Pish, let get some mates together have a nostalgic weekend. Even better lets film it and pass it off as a movie.

Salt 7/10 Pretty decent - Not a big Jolie fan but thought this was pretty good in a Bourne without Balls kinda way

I am Legend 7/10 For some reason I really like this film - The CGI monsters are pathetic and after a good solid build up there isn't really much to it but still enjoy it.

Jack's Wife (1972)

The box title for this is Season of the Witch, it's one of George A Romero's first films and was mindnumbingly boring!

Romero can be both brilliant - The original Dead trilogy, or quite good - the later Dead sequels, The Crazies, Monkey Shines.

However, when he does shit, he sure does some utter shit - The Dark Half, Two Evil Eyes, Martin and this crapfest!

I thought when I saw Bill Hinzman in the opening credits that it would be good, but he's barely in the film so wasn't worth him even being mentioned!

Don't waste your time with this!

2/10

Been off sick so saw a few movies lately.

Zombieland 7/10

Quite funny, plays on the whole zombie fantasy, what would you do if it happened. Pretty cheesy though and just felt like kick ass or superbad ya kno that kind of US comedy.

Enemy at the gates 6/10

Seems like it could have been great but just wasn't believable, the actors did nothing for me. The grim reality of war really didn't come through like it does in some other war movies/series.

The departed 10/10

Absolutely brilliant. So well acted, great story, very cleverly done. Interesting characters. I'd say its my fav film by scorcese

Went to see the new Burke and Hare film.

It's alright, pretty funny in some parts. Nothing special. Isla Fisher's in it, so that always gets a bonus point out of me.

6/10.

Watched Halloween 2 last night (the remake). I really enjoyed Rob Zombie's first Halloween remake and had hoped that this one would be decent.

It wasn't. A total by-the-numbers slasher film and really disappointing. The story was made even more nonsensical by the Mother turning up etc. It also had an obscene number of teleport deaths (which was sort of in keeping with the original but very unlike the first film).

2/10 because the start was a total waste of time too

I don't like this, we're agreeing on something!

I went from 8 to 3, the second one was awful! And most of that is because I love Danielle Harris, ever since she was 15! (I would have been about 8 so that's okay!) :wub: :wub:

The teleport deaths were what annoyed me most I think. That and the total lack of imagination.

Yeah, it was just so predictable despite it being impossible that he'd be there yet!

I also agree with your signature, they are fucking shit!

Went to see the new Burke and Hare film.

It's alright, pretty funny in some parts. Nothing special. Isla Fisher's in it, so that always gets a bonus point out of me.

6/10.

I'd give it 7/10.

By modern standards I thought it was quite good. No gimmicky editing or hand held cameras. Bliss.

The sets, direction and acting were as expected superb, except perhaps Isla Fisher. Nice tits, shame about the accent.

Edited by Neiljb