What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard

It was alright, had quite a few big-ish names, or at least recognisable people. Jeremy Piven was the main character and he was funny in it. David Koechner(Champ Kind in Anchorman), Stu/Stew and the naked Asian guy from the Hangover and Ving Rhames(Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction) were in it. Oh and Will Ferrell made a nice cameo.

So yeah, it was funny but not hilarious

6/10

Resident Evil

Gonna rewatch the four back to back

It was good. Lotta nice action scenes in it. The laser scene is still one of my favourite scenes of the four films. Don't see how zombies could survive underwater though. The licker also looked really fake, obviously it's gonna be cgi but it was a poor effort, imo.

7/10 though.

Ving Rhames(Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction)

Resident Evil

Don't see how zombies could survive underwater though

I would say Diamond Dog in Con Air for Rhames!

They're zombies, why would they not survive underwater? They don't need to breath!

I would say Diamond Dog in Con Air for Rhames!

They're zombies, why would they not survive underwater? They don't need to breath!

I've could only remember him being in Pulp Fiction, seen him in other things but couldn't remember any off the top of my head

Why not? The brain still needs oxygen.

Rosemary's Baby ( 1968 )

I was worried that I wouldn't make it through this movie but a great movie can keep me watching no matter how tired I get. I like the gradual building of the paranoia and the uncertainty of exactly what's going on. I was a little annoyed by a little bit of the climax but I can live with it. The climax itself is absolutely brilliant and almost negating so much of what came before but in a way that makes sense. There's a reason this is seen as a classic.

10/10

So then why does destroying their brain kill them? If you beheaded them, would their head still be alive?

No-one has ever explained why destroying or severing the brain from the rest of the body disables them, but my reason is what they would use to explain why the can survive under water. They definitely don't need oxygen though as they have survived in space in other films.

Well that's just shit. If they say that their not fully brain dead then it would explain why shooting them in the head works and they would be drownable(or suffocatable more simply put) if either of those are actually words.

I'm gonna make a zombie film and explain it cool.gif

Watched Gran Torino on way back from Vegas on plane in summer and just watched it again on one of the Sky Movie Channels. An excellent film, not often I watch a film more then once. Can't praise this film enough.

Edited by DJP

Isn't that the same thing really ?

Not quite as useful, zombies as Romero showed in Dawn of the Dead can learn to use tools to achieve goals, and be trained to not attack people as shown in Day of the Dead.

On the evidence of today, I don't believe Graham could manage either of these things.

Just so we're clear, we're discussing the realism of zombies ?

Well it was something I noticed in Resi 1 and thought was stupid. If they've never explained why shooting them in the head kills them then that is quite a plot hole. Considering how many zombie films there have been.

Does fire kill them?

Edited by forehead7

Resident Evil: Apocalypse(2 to people who don't know the names)

Yeah, just as I remember it. Better than the first one, not by much, but by enough that it'd make me want to watch it more than the first. Perhaps down to the fact that Anderson didn't actually direct this one although he wrote the screenplay and produced it so his mark was definitely felt. Probably my favourite of the four, although I'll refrain from saying that until I've seen 3 again, as my memory of it is pretty hazy apart from select scenes.

Nothing majorly different, in terms of foes. Some more zombified dogs and lickers. Nemesis turns up and kicks some ass. He is a lot better than the licker. Some good fight scenes, slow motioned of course since Anderson was involved. Not sure how agile the Nemesis is, he was able to jump over a six foot, at least, fence and land on the police cars without really bending his knees but I'm not gonna push it.

Since 1 got a 7, this really deserves an 8/10

Gran torino- thought it was a great film until eastwood turned upto a showdown with a bloody lighter ! that aint eastwood, i dont understand after all those clint films i watched.

time to retire auld yin.

edit to add- why did they not go for clint after he gave that chink a good kicking and to be honest how could he give anyone a kicking he was dying ffs,

christ sake, what a pish film smile.gif

Edited by walter fitz gilbert

Gran torino- thought it was a great film until eastwood turned upto a showdown with a bloody lighter ! that aint eastwood, i dont understand after all those clint films i watched.

time to retire auld yin.

edit to add- why did they not go for clint after he gave that chink a good kicking and to be honest how could he give anyone a kicking he was dying ffs,

christ sake, what a pish film smile.gif

Unless this is a piss-take review then:

Wow, you are a moron.

If he had shot one of them at the end, then he would've been killed by the others. The family that live beside him would've still been under siege from them. But since people witnessed the gang gunning down an innocent man then they will all go to prison and the family will have a reprieve.

I hope you will retire from this site.

Cause he's a badass war veteran with a shotgun.

Don't talk rubbish.