What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Did the director think that the audience were completely thick? I thought he did really well with Saw VI, then he does this...

Why did he throw a key to a blindfolded man, and not just tell him to hold on to the fucking rope? Then he could have retrieved him at his leisure...

The best bit of the film for me was the opening scene with the table saw, which was the only bit that ended in the way it should have. :)

I was hoping for that girls bra to burst, it was so close to happening aswell!

I dont know how to use the spoilers tag so i wont mention the guys name.But it was good to see an old face again from earlier ;)

The movie could of been alot better, i think it went a bit stale in the end.

Jill Tuck in nightwear though :wub:

I watched Toy Story 3 last night 10/10 :bairn

NED - Wtf was that ending all about? :wacko: .

Anybody know any good streaming sites? The one my pal used has been shut down :ph34r:

Oh brother where art thou? 75%

Quite enjoyed this. The coen brothers work is really starting to grow on me these days. At this rate I may give raising arizona, and touch wood fargo another go

Feckin hell man get them watched, O Brother Where Art Thou? good that it is, isnt in the same dimension as those two, particularly Fargo.

It's Jeff Bridges week!

The Contender

9/10

8 Million Ways To Die

6/10

Tron

Decent flick, the fx aren't great but it was the 80s. Pretty good story. Bridge's was good in it.

7/10

Tron Legacy

Not convinced on Garrett Hedlund (Sam Flynn), didn't really like him in it. Bridges was really good in this, both as Clu and as Flynn. Nice wee role from Michael Sheen.

8/10

Pokémon Heroes (2003)

Not bad at all. It had a decent plot and the characters linked up well together and made it enjoyable. Again, it's a little too unrealistic, but I really shouldn't expect anything else. A little short, and they dragged on with fillers a few times to try and make it longer, but it was pretty good. Still with the original trio of Ash, Misty and Brock.

7/10

Pokémon Heroes (2003)

Not bad at all. It had a decent plot and the characters linked up well together and made it enjoyable. Again, it's a little too unrealistic, but I really shouldn't expect anything else. A little short, and they dragged on with fillers a few times to try and make it longer, but it was pretty good. Still with the original trio of Ash, Misty and Brock.

7/10

Seriously?

pokemon-1.png

It all seems so life-like!

Seriously?

It all seems so life-like!

:rolleyes:

Around The World In 80 Days (2004)

Thought it was good, if not a little more childish than I had expect. Jackie Chan was brilliant and I'm a big fan of Coogan, so their partnership was great. Cecil de France is very pretty. It was also good to see Ewan Bremner as the policeman - I like him too. It was quite funny in parts and it didn't drag in for that long, which is always good.

7/10

Event Horizon

Sci-Fi thriller with Laurence Fishbourne and Sam Neill. The film is described as a mixture of Alien and The Shining. It's a really good watch. Sam Neill's performance is tremendous!

8/10

It's not really sci-fi, it's a bad horror. It's basically Ghost Ship in space. You could call it a 'mystery' is you wanted to classify it I suppose...

Paul WS Anderson should be shot for directing that steaming pile of horsecrap... and don't get me started on Sam Neill... it actually makes Anderson's other shite (like Mortal Kombat) seem acceptable.

Ah yes, start off by having things flying about in the spaceship, seven years after it becomes abandoned... yeah start the way you mean to continue, ya Geordie plank!

Anyway... on to what I watched as talking about PWSA gets me wound up, and I want to go to sleep!

Nosferatu (1922)

The scripting was better than Event Horizon, that's for sure... the acting was pretty horrendous, but still better than Sam Neill's... and the death of Orlok was really poorly done, but still somehow it made a great piece of cinematic history!

You obviously have to make up the dialogue in your head, but sometimes that becomes quite funny, especially when stuff you make up fits in perfectly with what happens next!

Worth a watch, even if you don't know how you'd enjoy silent films. This is probably the best place to start as the music is very good so it's not like you are sitting in silence for 90 minutes.

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Event Horizon suffers from having been brutally edited to cut the running time - I've been waiting for the directors cut of this and Kilmers The Saint* for years.

* - where they kill the Elisabeth Shue character and have the ending thats actually in the trailer but not the film.

Alien (1979)

I'm not a massive sci-fi or horror fan, but that was better than I had expected. One of those 'classics' that is essential viewing.

It was pretty good. It took a while to get started, but once it did I thought it was all right. I jumped a few times, although I managed to guess what happened at the end. I'd expect horrors to be better in the cinema than in my bed.

8/10

Aliens is on tomorrow, Alien 3 the day after and Alien: Resurrection is on the day after - so that's me sorted for the series. I'll need to watch Predator, Predator 2, Alien vs Predator, Alien vs Predator Requiem and Predators now.

Aliens is on tomorrow, Alien 3 the day after and Alien: Resurrection is on the day after - so that's me sorted for the series.

You're in for a fuckin treat mate!

I'll need to watch Predator, Predator 2,

Hell Yeah!

Alien vs Predator, Alien vs Predator Requiem and Predators now.

No.

Alien (1979)

I'm not a massive sci-fi or horror fan, but that was better than I had expected. One of those 'classics' that is essential viewing.

It was pretty good. It took a while to get started, but once it did I thought it was all right. I jumped a few times, although I managed to guess what happened at the end. I'd expect horrors to be better in the cinema than in my bed.

8/10

Aliens is on tomorrow, Alien 3 the day after and Alien: Resurrection is on the day after - so that's me sorted for the series. I'll need to watch Predator, Predator 2, Alien vs Predator, Alien vs Predator Requiem and Predators now.

What channels for the rest of the Alien movies?

Edit to reply to above, Predators is a great film, I agree with the AVP and Predator sentiments though.

Edited by forehead7

Alien (1979)

8/10

Aliens is by far the best, and Alien 3 is better than the massively dated Alien.

Resurrection and the AvP films are all awful!

Predator makes Alien seem like Avatar, by God is that horribly dated!

Knowing-For about 3 quarters of this movie, I thought it was excellent. Only for the whole plot to be completely RUINED by all of the alien pish.

6/10.

Road to Perdition- Excellent. One of my favourite flims

9/10

Patriot Games- Not seen for a while, but its a pretty good film. Bit cheesy, but good non the less.

7/10

Watched a few foriegn ones this week

Manhunt 7/10

Norwegian film about 4 young friends on a hiking trip in the woods who are hunted and terrorised by a group of weird locals, some decent gore and violence

13 Tzameti 7/10

French film about a builder working on a drug addicts house who finds him dead from an overdose and discovers a letter with details of a job which could earn him a lot of money so he takes the mans place a follows the instructions. He then finds himself involved in a game in which people wager on other people's life

El rey de la montaña 7/10

Spanish film about a man who gets lost in the woods and is then shot at and hunted down by snipers

13 Tzameti 7/10

French film about a builder working on a drug addicts house who finds him dead from an overdose and discovers a letter with details of a job which could earn him a lot of money so he takes the mans place a follows the instructions. He then finds himself involved in a game in which people wager on other people's life

Sounds quite similar to 13: Game of Death... although the Thai film looks far superior!