What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

He plays the part so well, I can't think of another actor who could have carried that part off as effectively. Spacey manages to be the genius lunatic that he is built up to be throughout the film.

Freeman is his usual brilliant self but I think Pitt deserves a lot of credit. I love the grimey, murkiness of the film, easily one of my favourites. Did you know that people actually sat down and wrote hundreds of those books from his apartment?

Yeah. There's probably a few who could but I'm not sure if they'd reach the level Spacey did. He's just so serious, doesn't really break into any sort of emotion but you know he's absolutely mental and dangerous.

Watched Se7en again last night, absolutely fantastic. Pitt and Freeman are great in it, Spacey is just fantastic though.

I know he only turns up near the end, but his performance in it is simply brilliant. He's a great actor and plays the Messiah thing so well.

I agree with the second part... :P

Yeah I gave it another watch on the weekend as well. It's like he has this kind of autistic kind of remorse to what he has done, and only really showed some kind of emotion when challenged about the innocence of his victims.

Been a while since I last saw it.

It's a really good film just to watch. But the more you watch it, the more you realise that it's it's an average film if your judging it on acting, dialogue and continuity.

One thing that bugs me is when the helicopter pilots are flying they aren't wearing gas masks, even though the cockpit is open to the atmosphere and everyone else is wearing them.

6.5/10

Been a while since I last saw it.

It's a really good film just to watch. But the more you watch it, the more you realise that it's it's an average film if your judging it on acting, dialogue and continuity.

One thing that bugs me is when the helicopter pilots are flying they aren't wearing gas masks, even though the cockpit is open to the atmosphere and everyone else is wearing them.

6.5/10

I'm going for a Nicolas Winding Refn sesh over the next few weeks. I've got the Pusher trilogy, Bronson (again) and Drive all lined up. After sampling them I'll give Bleeder, Fear X and Valhalla Rising a shot.

I expect plenty of style, but an unfortunate sacrificing of substance.

The Devil's Own ( 1997 )

This was a bit of a letdown. Brad Pitt's accent is absolutely horrendous for a start, and his performance isn't much good either which is a rarity for him. The characters aren't really worth getting into either, and I found myself not caring much about how anything turned out. I'm willing to go thumbs leaning up because I was at least not bored and it passed the time easy enough. Not bad or anything. Just kinda there.

6/10

I'm going for a Nicolas Winding Refn sesh over the next few weeks. I've got the Pusher trilogy, Bronson (again) and Drive all lined up. After sampling them I'll give Bleeder, Fear X and Valhalla Rising a shot.

I expect plenty of style, but an unfortunate sacrificing of substance.

Valhalla Rising is turgid shite but thats just my opinion

The Woman in Black

It's a 12a, but could easily be a 15. The cinema had quite a few kids about The age of 8 in it, and even though it wasn't that scary, it was about child suicide (you see a girl set fire to herself), and had a few 'thriller' moments.

Overall, I liked it. Daniel Radcliff is a bit wooden, and felt he looked too young for the role, but still a solid effort.

7.5/10

I thought it was alright also but i felt they missed out part of the story

Drive

Enjoyed this, stylish action but not totally brainless. Ryan Gosling plays the part of the moody hero really well. It all has a shiny gleam about it helped no end by the music, but has a seriously brutal edge. 7/10

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

Two and a half hours can seem at times too long for a film, but in this case it was totally justified, for back story and full character development. It will be far too slow for some, but highly engrossing to others. Brad Pitt was as brilliant as usual. Great film. 8.5/10

Eagle Eye (2008)

Shia LeBeouf and Michelle Monaghan are two random people going about their mundane lives who don't know each other, but due to a weird monitoring computer at the Pentagon malfunctioning they will have to rely on each other to save the day.

So much impossible shit happens, but it's fun if you don't think about it in the slightest...

5/10

The Unborn (2009)

Utterly generic maternal lineage possession horror. Nothing that hasn't been done before on numerous occasions!

Gary Oldman turns up as a rabbi, why Abraham knows...

3/10 - I thought maybe I was being a bit harsh, then a the beginning of the credits it said "produced by Michael Bay", and everything fell into place.

The Woman In Black

I haven't read the book but saw the play not so long ago. All the stuff the film adds is fairly rubbish, especially the ending. Daniel Radcliffe turns in a reasonable performance and some of it looks pretty good but there's only so often you can shout BOO! at an audience before it becomes run of the mill.

4/10

War Horse - A girl I used to go out with moves away on Thursday so she invited me to this as a way to say goodbye. I didn't expect much as I only turned up to see if I could get lucky. Five minutes into the film and it had me hooked. Agreed with the Spielberg shouts. Some of the shots were genius. It's the attention to detail. The man certainly does not lack to creativity. Every shot is planned to the smallest of details. Jeremy Irvine was superb, as was a small supporting roll by Tom Hiddleston. Not going to lie, shed a wee tear at the end. Not as much as the old dames behind me though who were bubbling like bairns laugh.gif

10/10

War Horse - A girl I used to go out with moves away on Thursday so she invited me to this as a way to say goodbye. I didn't expect much as I only turned up to see if I could get lucky. Five minutes into the film and it had me hooked. Agreed with the Spielberg shouts. Some of the shots were genius. It's the attention to detail. The man certainly does not lack to creativity. Every shot is planned to the smallest of details. Jeremy Irvine was superb, as was a small supporting roll by Tom Hiddleston. Not going to lie, shed a wee tear at the end. Not as much as the old dames behind me though who were bubbling like bairns laugh.gif

10/10

Aye, but did you get your hole afterwards?

I enjoyed it. Enjoyed might not be the right word, as it is one of the bleakest film i've ever seen, but i thought it was good.

There was such a sense of dread throughout the film building that I expected total carnage towards the end but it never really materialised. Still loved certain elements of it though

Pusher (the first movie, other 2 are OK) and Bronson were much better but everything about Drive for me is just fucking amazing. The sound editing and use of music makes it the perfect movie

Fargo

It's a decent watch. Not brilliant but not terrible. Despite the nature of the film, it's a quirky film with a nice feeling throughout it and a few laughs thrown in (although being a dark comedy there are more chuckles than actual laughs), although that probably has a lot to do with Frances McDormand's wonderful character and the utter desperation that is exhibited by William H. Macy.

It's funny in places, tragic in others and the story keeps you intrigued. That said, I did feel slightly underwhelmed by the whole thing. Frances McDormand makes the film watchable because she is just fantastic in it. The accents are hilarious as well.

7/10

Watch it again after a wee while, it's a film that gets better the more you see it IMO.

Public Enemies

9/10

Really enjoyable action film. I know it takes a few historical liberties but for me that's completely overshadowed by the terrific performance of Depp as Dillinger. He's a character who's well developed throughout the film and although you know what he's done there's a definite emotional connection there. Christian Bale is also excellent in this one.