What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Boston Girls (2010)

Crap horror that I watched on LoveFilm as I searched for Danny Trejo and that came up; needless to say he wasn't in it for about an hour then died pretty soon afterwards... unsurprisingly he died because he raped the killer (his niece) as a child.

Must be difficult when you are typecast as a rapist!

2/10

Boston Girls (2010)

Crap horror that I watched on LoveFilm as I searched for Danny Trejo and that came up; needless to say he wasn't in it for about an hour then died pretty soon afterwards... unsurprisingly he died because he raped the killer (his niece) as a child.

Must be difficult when you are typecast as a rapist!

2/10

I have finally managed to go and see The Avengers and all i can say is it is truly fantastic. Easily the best film of the last 5 years with maybe exception of inception.

No film more deserving of 10/10

Fed up of some of the so called goodies so decided on a Peter Benchley night - without Jaws :o

First up The Island 1980 7/10 (but rewatchability 10/10)

Micahael Caine as journo v Bermuda triangle voodoo and pirates descendants. Enjoyable.

Followed by the better known The Deep, agaian rewatchability is high.

I have finally managed to go and see The Avengers and all i can say is it is truly fantastic. Easily the best film of the last 5 years with maybe exception of inception.

No film more deserving of 10/10

It was very good but come on... and Inception isn't even worth mentioning as the list below would be even longer if I included that as the marker!

Films since 2007 which I thought were better (in no order except year of production): Warrior, X-Men: First Class, The Adjustment Bureau, The King's Speech, I Saw the Devil, The Social Network, True Grit, Law Abiding Citizen, Inglourious Basterds, Up, Zombieland, Slumdog Millionaire, Let the Right One In, The Dark Knight, Defiance, Vantage Point, American Gangster, 1408, 3:10 to Yuma, Sunshine, The Bourne Ultimatum.

Watchmen (2009)

After a terrible and boring first hour it does improve, but not sufficiently to save this after wading through such a large pile of shite at the start. I do like the concept, but it was far too long to make an enjoyable film.

3/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Drive

My mate has a bit of a man-crush on Ryan Gosling and advised that I watch this. Thought it was good and enjoyable, if a bit predictable. Can't help thinking it's a bit of a rip-off of The Transporter, though. A one point, about 40 minutes in, I paused it because I was sure it was an 18 certificate yet there had been nothing to make it worthy of such. Then came the violence, most of which I thought was gratuitous and unnecessary. Great soundtrack. And Ron Perlman is a Will Ferrell/Ape hybrid.

7/10

The Prestige - 8.5/10

Watched this for the first time last night after my mate who has a bit of an obsession with Christopher Nolan advised me to. Great film but one that requires full attention throughout, I actually have a bit of a sore head trying to review it. Really interesting but it was quite convoluted for the sake of being so at times. I'm actually quite looking forward to watching it a second time round though as with films like Inception and Shutter Island I think it will almost be a completely different film the next time (and probably completely obvious with regards to the "twist"). I can't say Bale and Jackman are my two favourite actors but they both give off good performances. Also, Scarlett Johannson wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

sherlock holmes: a game of shadows

very enjoyable film, RDJ and Law connect really well on screen, plot was pretty strong and not too confusing, and the special effects and settings are simply brilliant, really really good how they dress the film up to look 19th century

It didnt have the same WOW effect as the first one though, simply because i didnt expect the first one to be as good as it was, this one sticks to what the first one did best, fight scenes, the way Holmes figures parts out and how everything comes together for him etc

overall though 9/10 from me, definitely worth watching

Hate franchisy, CGI overload kids films, but watched this because it was playing on the Stena for the kids yesterday. Had to use the absolutely magnificent chemical toilets onboard halfway through and missed a good portion of the middle act.

10/10

(for the shit. 2/10 for the film)

Apocalypse Now

I'm not rating it because I just didn't get it at all.

Just.....what? Right over my head.

Out of interest, what didn't you get? Admittedly it's been a while since I watched it but I don't remember it being too complicated.

The interesting thing about Apocolypse Now is that the cast and crew were true to the story/characters and really were getting fucked and losing their mind. Keitel got kicked off and replaced by Sheen after a fortnight, who in turn was at the lowest points of alcholism and had a heart attack. Brando turned up 100 pounds heavier than expected without knowing any lines. Hopper was getting so MWI on cocaine that Brando (rather hypocritically imo) refused to work with him. The crew were partying so much and taking so much shit that the set guy actually bought a bunch of dead bodies from a local graverobber to use as props on Kurtz's temple. Coppolla had a breakdown and threatened to top himself 3 times.

Some gig :lol:

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

The interesting thing about Apocolypse Now is that the cast and crew were true to the story/characters and really were getting fucked and losing their mind. Keitel got kicked off and replaced by Sheen after a fortnight, who in turn was at the lowest points of alcholism and had a heart attack. Brando turned up 100 pounds heavier than expected without knowing any lines. Hopper was getting so MWI on cocaine that Brando (rather hypocritically imo) refused to work with him. The crew were partying so much and taking so much shit that the set guy actually bought a bunch of dead bodies from a local graverobber to use as props on Kurtz's temple. Coppolla had a breakdown and threatened to top himself 3 times.

The documentary on the making of Apocalypse Now, which is called Hearts of Darkness: A FIlmmarkers apocalypse, shows just how fucked up the whole production was. It was just one disaster after another.

Prometheus - 4/10 great CGI and effects but nothing like the original Alien films in terms of tension and acting. All style and no substance.

Iron Sky - 8/10 great fun.

Also, a 14-year-old Laurence Fishburne lied about his age to appear in the film. They planned on spending 6 weeks in the Philippines and ended up there for 16 months!

Because of Marlon Brando arriving seriously out of shape, Coppola and his D.O.P. Vittorio Storaro decided to introduce him coming out of the shadows and portray him as a bulky, muscly giant. Making that work was Storaro's proudest achievement about AN.

Coppola eventually had a major fallout with Brando and couldn't take it any more, so made his assistant director do every scene with Brando. Apparently everyone elso on set loved him...