What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Men in black 3.

7.5/10

Enjoyable nonsense.

Great fun. 8/10 even if it was in 3D...

Also saw Legion (2009) on Sky Films the other day when the France game got into weather difficulties... 6/10

The Three Musketeers 2011 edition.

Hideous.

1/10 and that was for the amount of cleavage on show from Milla Jovovich.

She only had 1 out?

Super (2010)

Low budget Superhero spoof type film about a fat guy who after Kevin Bacon steals his ex-junkie wife (played by Liv Tyler) takes it upon himself to be a vigilante, then he gets Ellen Page as his assistant (she later rapes (for want of a better word) him lol, lucky b*****d!)

The quote on the box was actually true for once, it really was better than Kick-Ass.

7/10

Watched it on the back of your review and enjoyed it. Funny nobody looks for the cop tho :o . Same mark with high rewatchability.

I have children. As a result I last went to the cinema about four years ago before yesterday!

Circumstances left us a free childless saturday outwith the football season yesterday so we decided to go see a film at the Carlisle multi screen cinema. Despite my suggestion of Men in Black 3 we ended up seeing 'Rock of Ages' as Mrs SD used her veto. Anyone seen it?

Not really sure what to make of it but ultimately I really enjoyed it. The plot is really cheesy of course and just a loose excuse to string together some chosen songs but it's nowhere near as bad as Mamma Mia is in that respect. I loved the music though. I was really into hard rock stuff in the 80's and early 90's and it took me right back. Great sounds cleverly worked into a plot. :D

I'd never heard of the two leads before but they play their roles well. The girl is a country and western singer apparently rather than an actress to trade. Alec Baldwin is good as the club owner, Tom Cruise is very good as the self obsessed rock God but annoyingly the film is stolen for me by Russell Brand who I can't normally be doing with but is brilliant as a Brummie second in command at the club.

Would love a soundtrack album with the featured songs sung by original artists rather than by the actors and actresses.

Wasn't brilliant, the plot is far too think for that, but I enjoyed it when I didn't really expect to and I'd certainly watch it again.

I love the look of it. I can imagine sitting there singing along to almost everything that is put on there. I want it. All.

:lol:

There were a couple of occasions where I started to sing a couple of words as I would have been if I'd had it on the car stereo then remembered I was in a cinema!

The Curse, or Noroi to give it it's Japanese title. I was surprised I'd never heard of this, I've always enjoyed watching Asian horror. This was decent enough, it's in the style of 'found footage' about a paranormal investigator type fella who is looking into a series of deaths which are linked to a crazy woman.

Apart from it's unusual (for this genre) length - it's over 2 hours - and the plot becoming a bit convoluted in the last 45 minutes, it's well worth a watch if you enjoy horror films that don't rely on cheap scares or blood and guts.

Meh harsh, that storyline was pretty shit (mostly because he wasnt actually evil, just emo like you say), but it was still a good film even with that. Not sure how the new one will go, looks ok but it'll have to be pretty fucking good to beat the last 3 (in box office terms)

They've definitely gone about it the right way, although it will be difficult to compare as the new one seems much darker. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are both excellent actors though - I think they'll be brilliant together, with an incredible and experienced backing cast.

Naturally, the Dark Knight Rises looks better, but that's to be expected after the first 2.

Edited by Kyle

They've definitely gone about it the right way, although it will be difficult to compare as the new one seems much darker. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are both excellent actors though - I think they'll be brilliant together, with an incredible and experienced backing cast.

Naturally, the Dark Knight Rises looks better, but that's to be expected after the first 2.

Christ Kyle, 3 and a half weeks old laugh.gif

I saw an extended trailer during Prometheus and it looks like they've got Peter Parker spot on, he was trying to chat up Gwen Stacy(Emma Stone) and it was so awkward. And the joking has returned. Neither of those things were really utilized in the other Spider-man films.

Not sure I like the look of the Lizard though.