What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Some awesome moments of gore though! I strangely enjoyed it.

Yeah, i kinda did too. Like i said, it's not scary in the slightest, but it was decent to watch. The leg break and removal scene was rather well done.

Skinwalkers (2006)

I wasn't going in to this expecting more than 3 or 4 out of 10, as I despise films about Lycans however this worked out all right as it had them battling each other. The ones that drink human blood v the ones who want to return to humanity.

It also featured the only man on Earth who can challenge David Caruso for the award of World's most wooden actor, step forward Mr Shawn Roberts. If you thought he was bad in Diary of the Dead then you ain't seen nothing yet! And bad news, he's one of the leads in Resident Evil IV... as though PWSA directing it wasn't bad enough!

Despite it's obvious flaws, it did have Rhona Mitra in it with her hilariously botoxed lips and was directed by James Isaac who I really have to see Pig Hunt so I can be probably the only person on Earth who has seen his entire filmography (Pig Hunt, Skinwalkers, The Horror Show [House III, Dedee Pfeiffer in the shower :wub: ] and Jason X)!

7/10

Drag me to hell 39%

I'm not big on supernatural horror films. I just cant take this 'evil spirits' pish from any perspective be it serious or flippant for that matter. Yes, it does take the mick out of itself and even at those points i couldnt even muster a chuckle.

What is the moral of this story?: Dont piss off a gypsy with a short fuse

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Pulse (2006/I)

Wasn't sure what I was expecting, computer virus killing people... could have been a massive failure.

The cover said "Scariest Movie of the Year" - WIRELESS magazine... well it would be scary to them, given the year and looking over the films I've seen from 2006 I'd probably agree with them. It wasn't very scary, had a couple of jumpy moments, but the main "scares" were so predictable that I spent the time thinking "he's going to hang himself" - he did, "they're going to crash" - they did,... etc, etc.

Then I lost concentration and thought about how funny it would be if Bill Gates committed suicide by defenestration. My mind is quite a dangerous place at times. :)

All in all, definitely the best computer horror I've ever seen, and makes me wonder how bad Cell is going to be when it eventually gets made next year...

7/10

Envy - 5/10

Wasn'r expecting much from this film despite it had a pretty good cast. Didn't make me laugh once and was very predictable. Started off pretty well but it got really boring midway through in which I lost interest. Ben Stiller shows shades of the White Goodman character before White Goodman was even created which raised a smile.

Moral of the story is to trust your best pal......blah blah blah

Kick-ass - 6/10

Was very predictable once again. Went to see it on Wednesday - orange 2 for 1. After it getting pretty good reviews on here, some even saying it was better than the Godfather, I thought I'd go check it out.

Was expecting a Superbad/Role Models type comedy but it was a pretty graphic film with the shooting and Cage getting burned etc. It had me laughing at some parts especially when the big bodyguard comes over to the main character and almost whispers "f*ck you!" which was quite unexpected.

Wasn't what I was expecting really but the part with the little girl shooting all the guys as she makes her way down the corrider was pretty cool. Good special effects there.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Kick-ass - 6/10

Learn

to use spoilers buddy!

Watched The Repomen- was quite gory and the plot was weak. Also very dark which made my stream hard to watch! 67 %

Edited by Jambo Stu

Learn

to use spoilers buddy!

Watched The Repomen- was quite gory and the plot was weak. Also very dark which made my stream hard to watch! 67 %

Bit off topic for a second but I couldn't find the spoiler tags the other day when I wanted to post in the Lost thread - do they sometimes move or was I just being a Klutz Cop?

Bit off topic for a second but I couldn't find the spoiler tags the other day when I wanted to post in the Lost thread - do they sometimes move or was I just being a Klutz Cop?

It's in 'other styles' next to 'font'.

Learn

to use spoilers buddy!

Why quote it you complete fud? Now he can't edit it to include spoiler tags are post will still show it. :1eye

Why quote it you complete fud? Now he can't edit it to include spoiler tags are post will still show it. :1eye

:rolleyes:

Easy there, he can just edit his post and remove the quote or delete it all together. Simple.

Indeed. An over-reaction if ever I've seen one.

the fourth kind 62%

Kind of an alien-blair witch backbone about it. They use audio and video as the story goes as a way of backing up the conspiracy that aliens exist and abduct us.

I wasnt utterly convinced by it all, although it made for some alright watching.

Crazy Heart

Jeff Bridges is ok in this, nothing more, and definitely won the oscar because he's Jeff Bridges and hadn't won before. Nothing else really to recommend about this one. Maggie Gyllenhall is a fine looking and extremely bendy limbed woman. The music is ok, plot is predictable, Robert Duvall is pretty good in his small role. Meh.

4/10