What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Coming to America (1988)

Good quality old school comedy, back before Eddie Murphy sold out and started doing shit like The Nutty Professor.

Samuel L Jackson's cameo was top quality as well.

Well worth the watch, best comedy I've seen in quite a while.

8/10

Predators (2010)

Not bad, not bad at all. Predators have always been my favourite out of those two war factions. Adrien Brody. He was alright in it but I just couldn't shake the feeling that he was an actor playing a merc in this. Just something about him made me think he didn't fit in. Topher Grace was really good in it, big fan of his. Danny Treko was alright but

he got killed off too early mad.gif

The two at the end have killed two or three predators while on the planet, why didn't they take their armour at the end?

Seven Samurai ( 1954 )

Make no mistake. This is going to take a lot of time out of your day, clocking in at over three hours, but it's a good three hours into the bargain. There's a solid main plot with seven samurai being hired to protect a village from bandits. There is a LOT going on inside there though that make the three hours worthwhile. The only thing it lacks was getting me really invested in what was going on. Other than that though, everything is spot on, to the tension being ratcheted up at times to very strategic action.

9/10

Toy Story 3 (2010)

To infinity and beyond... well not quite, that was the last one, but you get the sentiment!

Definitely the best of the three, but I wasn't a great fan of the first two. The story in this one was far more entertaining than the previous ones, mainly as there was a hell of a lot less human interference in it!

Would have been a solid 7/10, but for one moment... THE CLAW! :lol:

8/10

Black Snake Moan

Pretty good, came out in 2007 so I'm not sure how this escaped me first time around. Samuel L Jackson and Justin Timberlake are in it. But the main attraction and three words that is a reason in itself that you should see it; Christina Ricci's Boobs. Some great scenes in this.

8/10

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Robert Downey Jr. is just fucking cool, that is all.

Jon Favreau just continues with great films, looking forward to Cowboys & Aliens, despite the exceptionally Brokeback Mountain promotional poster!

9/10 - great use of Highway to Hell at the end! :D

Finally got round to watching Law abiding citizen and it was worth the wait. Wanted to see it at the pictures but never did then stumbled upon it in asda last month.

Good film with a few shocking jumpy moments. Kind of spend the film wondering who i should be cheering on. 8/10

Edited by Gaz FFC

Conair

It was alright. I couldn't remember the start or the end but knew the whole bit when they're on the plane. Not terrible. Shame the same can't be said for Cage's performance. His accent is beyond annoying as well. Trejo is still a badass.

5/10 - A pass but the score is so low because of Cage.

edit: I wasn't finished

Edited by forehead7

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

Two 8 year old lads meet on the boarders of a death camp. One is a Jew inside the camp and the other is the son on a Nazi. They meet and form a friendship. The ending is quite obvious and one thing that annoyed me all the way through was the Nazi family spoke with perfect English accents except the father - who spoke English but tried to sound German.

5/10

Conair

It was alright. I couldn't remember the start or the end but knew the whole bit when they're on the plane. Not terrible. Shame the same can't be said for Cage's performance. His accent is beyond annoying as well. Trejo is still a badass.

5/10 - A pass but the score is so low because of Cage.

edit: I wasn't finished

"Define irony: Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

It has so many great quotes in it, brilliant film.

"The last Mohican is burning man!" :lol:

Cage is more than cancelled out with the fantastic cast, and a rare starring child performance from Landry Allbright (who has disappeared since 2005). The scene at the end she puts in a great performance and acts Cage off the screen. Okay a rake could do that, but considering she was only 8 at the time!

"Define irony: Bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash."

It has so many great quotes in it, brilliant film.

"The last Mohican is burning man!" :lol:

Cage is more than cancelled out with the fantastic cast, and a rare starring child performance from Landry Allbright (who has disappeared since 2005). The scene at the end she puts in a great performance and acts Cage off the screen. Okay a rake could do that, but considering she was only 8 at the time!

They should've just left Steve Buscemi at the tea party, cause that was creepy. Ignorance would've led to assumptions.