What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Machete (2010)

Fucking quality! Hilarious, and some quality one-liners!

The death by low rider was just brilliant!

It's clearly a spoof, so I can't give it a perfect score, but just genius!

9/10

Just remember, Machete don't text! :D

Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - not really sure what to make of it. If it's supposed to be a comedy then it failed because I didn't laugh that much. If it's supposed to be serious then it failed because it felt too surreal. Yeah, not keen on it.

4/10

Predator - Not bad, some decent fighting scenes in it. Quite a few funny one liners from Arnie.

6/10

Predator 2 - better than the first, imo. Danny Glover is a bit of a legend. Was waiting for him to say "I'm too old for this shit" but alas, it didn't happen sad.gif

Acting and cgi weren't great in either, but it was the 80s/90s so I'll let that slide.

7/10

today i watched

i love you man - decent enough but pretty similar to about 100 other movies that came out in the past ten years.

the education of charlie banks - i thought this was a comedy to start with but it wasn't. there were some decent bits in but it was very over earnest

coming to america - the dugs baws. i generally hate 'not as good as it used to be chat' but with movies i think the argument is probably correct. back in the 80s the studios seemed able to to knock out movies like this one after the other and now they can't which is sad. it's probably a combination of an over reliance on effects and more worldly cynical audience but movies in general have went downhill rapidly in the past 10-15 years.

Getting sent home early yesterday was a pain in my wallet but it ended up being a good movie day as I managed to squeeze in three films ive been wanting to see on the same channel one after the other.

Road to Perdition - 7/10 - Got to love a bit of Tom Hanks. Very well acted, moods and period settings were brilliantly done. Jude Law was a great character to hate also.

Oceans Eleven - 7/10 - Not bad flick, kept you wondering and guessing what they did in the end, ill need to see the other two now.

Angels & Demons - 9/10 - Absolutely loved this. The twists and turns in it were great, and i've got somewhat of a hard on for conspiracy theories and such. The ending was a bit far fetched but still didnt ruin the movie for me. Would definitely watch again.

I hate to be one of these c***s. :(

But the book is actually better.

Edit:

You've peaked at Ocean's Eleven. Twelve and Thirteen are good but not as good.

Clooney and Pitt are superb in their respective parts.

Edited by well fan for life

Harry potter 7 part 1 - 6/10

Thought it was slightly above average as films go, but only just. The kids can't act, but it helps as it makes it seem a bit more like the books and them being ordinary, except for the obvious, kids. Long film considering not very much happens and it just stays pretty true to the book (from what I can remember) so plot issues don't really lie at the filmmakers feet. Worth a watch if u like harry potter, otherwise steer clear (which I'm sure you would have anyway)

Monsters

I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan but I knew this was more of a road movie. It was OK and the writer/director deserves the credit he's getting for the way he pretty much made it himself. I can't help but wonder about the way certain multiplex audiences will behave when the story unfolds with not much happening at all.

6/10

Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - not really sure what to make of it. If it's supposed to be a comedy then it failed because I didn't laugh that much. If it's supposed to be serious then it failed because it felt too surreal. Yeah, not keen on it.

4/10

Predator - Not bad, some decent fighting scenes in it. Quite a few funny one liners from Arnie.

6/10

Predator 2 - better than the first, imo. Danny Glover is a bit of a legend. Was waiting for him to say "I'm too old for this shit" but alas, it didn't happen sad.gif

Acting and cgi weren't great in either, but it was the 80s/90s so I'll let that slide.

7/10

-1 for what? If someone disagrees then come out and call me on it.

Have I watched any movies recently...?

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure 10/10

It's kind of hard to believe that this movie actually put Keanu Reeves on the map. It was destined for obscurity, scrutiny, and mockery the day it was released, but the fact that I actually like this movie and feel it superior to most of Keanu Reeves' other early pictures suggests that I truly have no real taste in movies and my opinions about movies should not be taken seriously by anyone, for any reason, at any time. That, or despite the scrutiny and mockery, it's actually a good movie, take your pick. I personally think it'd be pretty cool to use a time machine of some sort to travel through time and meet famous historical people.

Went to the cinema to watch 'Unstoppable' last night. It's a pretty basic film, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. A good 'cinema' film I reckon. I think its appeal would be diminished somewhat watching it on the small screen. Denzel Washington is pretty much on auto-pilot for most of this film, but he's still as reliable as ever, and totally out-acts the awful Chris Pine (worse here than in 'Carriers' which was brutal). The train is the obvious star as such a movie demands, and it's a solid, if predictable action flick. 7/10

And I suppose I should mention 'Carriers' as well, as I watched this on Sky Player the other night. An awful film from what was a premise with potential. So many plot holes and unnecessary set pieces, and utterly woeful acting. A shame, as I said the premise was decent. Just lacking a good script, good direction, and good acting. rolleyes.gif2/10

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)

Quite well made and some fun parts with the evil wizards, but the shit acting of the young wizards, and the boring as hell plot didn't make this a fun film.

Fire alarm went off so didn't see the end of the film, but it was the Grosvenor (which was nearly empty) so was pished and didn't care.

5/10 - mainly for the fire alarm.

Inception

Watched it last night for the first time, not knowing the story very well. Pretty good, it's a well written flick, pretty complex but it all comes back together very nicely. Not sure what the people do for food when they're in the dream world thing but that was a minor point.

Not sure if it's the 6th best film as IMDB's top 250 suggests but it's well worth a watch.

8/10

Watched some brilliant films recently.

The Town

I really enjoyed this, it felt quite long but it wasn't in any way boring at the same time. Reminded me a lot of Heat actually.

9/10

In the name of the Father

This is an absolutely brilliant film, loved it. Daniel Day Lewis is brilliant as Gerry Conlan, a man forced into confessing to an IRA bombing he didn't do, resulting in him, his dad and four of his friends being falsely imprisoned for 15 years.

10/10

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

It's that film starring Michael Cera an an ackward nerd. Seriously though I was pleasently surprised by this, thought it would be uber shite but it was very watchable.

8/10

Reign Over Me

I'd never even heard of this film before, but it was amazing. Don Cheadle is a fed up dentist who bumps into his old college room mate who he hasn't seen for years, played by Adam Sandler. Sandler's character's family all died on a plane in 9/11, and he's totally lost his marbles, so Cheadle's character tries to sort him out. Personally I've never cried at a film (because I'm a cold, merciless monster) but this film had me close on a couple of occasions. Sandler should do more serious roles, he's a brilliant actor.

10/10

Edited by Guest

I said this earlier in the thread...

Carriers ( 2009 )

A bunch of really stupid morons are basically travelling about avoiding this virus and running into other people who are avoiding the virus. I'm not even sure that there's a point to all of this malarky. It seems like an awful lot of mess and stupidity to get to where we were going. Just a boring tedious mess of a movie.

1/10

So yeah, 2 is generous. :P