What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Cop Land (1997)

Pretty standard good cop/bad cop fayre, but one with characters you actually form an opinion of. A good cast is great to see and having a great director (3:10 to Yuma, Walk the Line & Identity), who in which at this pretty decent mark is his lowest score from me out of four films, always helps!

Worth the watch if a tad clichéd and predictable!

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

I can't watch 300 now without thinking of "meet the Spartans" though! :lol:

Stand on a rake, that will help. Preferably record it and upload to Youtube for our amusement, it would certainly be more amusing than any description I've ever heard of Meet the Spartans.

Sat down with three DVD's yesterday, all very enjoyable.

The Crazies

Zombie type film where a small band of survivors have to escape a small rural town that has been infected by the accidental disposal of biological weapons. Really surprised by how good this was, has plenty of jumps to keep a horror crowd happy without going overboard. Strongly recommend. 8/10

Salt

A kind of less gritty and farther fetched version of the Bourne films that still manages to pack a punch. Angelina Jolie looks great, it’s fast paced and very watchable. Highlights of the film are the set pieces including where Jolie makes a bazooka using a table leg and fire extinguisher and manages to drive a car using a semi unconscious man and a tazer. Cool as f**k! 8/10

Whip It

A very funny and entertaining take on a sport I had no idea existed. Also the soundtrack is quite good as well (Breeders, Go! Team, Strokes, Ramones). 8/10

Saw Little Fockers last night.

I must say I wasnt expecting much, didn't really think it would be as good as teh other 2, but was pleasantly surprised.

I have however come to the conclusion that Jessica Alba should never do comedy again, she was not funny at all. However she did strip down to her underwear, so I shall forgive her.

And Robert De Niro was as brilliant as ever.

7/10

The Crazies

Zombie type film where a small band of survivors have to escape a small rural town that has been infected by the accidental disposal of biological weapons. Really surprised by how good this was, has plenty of jumps to keep a horror crowd happy without going overboard. Strongly recommend. 8/10

The real version of the 2010 remake?

Saw Little Fockers last night.

I must say I wasnt expecting much, didn't really think it would be as good as teh other 2, but was pleasantly surprised.

I have however come to the conclusion that Jessica Alba should never do comedy again, she was not funny at all. However she did strip down to her underwear, so I shall forgive her.

And Robert De Niro was as brilliant as ever.

7/10

Saw this last night as well. Not seen Meet The Parents properly but I would say it was better than Meet The Fockers. 7.5/10

Jessica Alba. wub.gif

Shrek Forever After (2010)

I love this entire quadrilogy, there is nothing bad about it all... was probably the 'worst' in the series and gets 8/10 which tells you how these films are!

Rounded up everything nicely, good film for Christmas definitely! :D

The Black Swan.

This is a great watch, probably not everyones cup of tea but If nothing else there's some lesbian action between Natalie Portman and Mila kunis.

I didnt think I'd be that into a ballet film but it's pretty fucked up, in a good way, and pretty gripping actually.

Portman must be a stick on for best actress after this and all in all it's one of the best movies I've seen this year.

9.1/10

Toy Story 3 on the plane the other. Absolutely brilliant, possibly the best of the three. Very dark and melancholic, laugh out loud funny in many places, and an absolute weepy of an ending. Top stuff. Oscar material. 9/10

Watched this again today - it's a triumph, and is probably even better than the two preceding films. Had a big smile on my face come the end - brilliant.

I'd actually give it 10/10. There's nothing wrong with it whatsoever - Pixar are exceptionally talented.

Mutant Chronicles (2008)

This was strange a $25m film starring John Malkovich, Ron Perlman and Devon Aoki that I'd never even heard of... nor did the box look as though it was anything but a dodgy straight to DVD disaster.

Turns out it flopped pretty badly, although it was actually pretty watchable.

Decent set pieces and interesting (if ridiculous) plot to save humanity, and plenty of mutants getting the living shit stabbed and shot out of them.

Good fun, never going to be a classic as it was very limited but a decent enough watch for the £1.25 it cost on Amazon.

6/10