What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Wasn't the worst of its kind, but when it became evident that it was going to become what I call a cycle horror (any horror fans will know pretty much what I mean by that) it just became a tiring dawdle to the finish.

Did I mention how much I fucking hate cycle horrors? Very few actually end well, and this next one certainly didn't.

Triangle (2009)

In fact it didn't really end at all. Utter waste of time...

Crap acting, no imagination in the plot, same shit every time the story relapses.

Just a bad film.

A few funny deaths which amused me, but nothing worth writing any more about.

3/10

Inside Job

Story of the worldwide banking collapse and the winner of the Oscar for Best Documentary. Probably won the Oscar due to the subject matter but credit to them for explaining the facts well and some of the interview responses are as incredible as they are infuriating. Well worth a watch, though not exactly a popcorn movie.

7/10

Creep, bought it for £3 from HMV cos I was told I'd like it. It was a bit mental - enough to put you off the underground for life. 7/10.

I've seen all four of Smith's films, three are good and Triangle that I mentioned a few posts up was rotten.

Watch Severance and Black Death (which I watched a few days ago), if you liked Creep.

Burke & Hare

Finally got around to watching this and it was almost exactly what I expected. The true story is such an interesting one that it's an amazingly pointless act to then make up lots of nonsense to throw into the mix. Most of the gags would fit in a panto, which is what John Landis should maybe consider doing next.

2/10

having bought the rocky box set at xmas, i got round to watching the original rocky for the first time in years. it's a bit darker than the sequels and as a film is a million miles away from rocky 4. i thought it really stands up own it's own as a good film, better than i remembered it to be. worth 8 maybe 9 out of 10, recommended :)

Following (1998)

Christopher Nolan's first film, and one of his best (okay he's only made seven)!

Made in black and white, for a fraction of my student loan, it's actually brilliant!

We have an out-of-work actor who starts following people to pass his day, then he gets involved with a burglar that he was following... loads of little sub-stories throughout the film that all tie in nicely at the end.

Only last 70 minutes, but it seems like you've been watching it for hours as so much has happened!

Well worth watching, and you can buy it for £3 from Play.com - definitely do it!

9/10

The Other Guys - utter shite 2/10, even ogling at Eva Mendes couldn't save it.

I really enjoyed that film, I thought it was excellent. However, I am very easily pleased when it comes to comedy, so I'm exactly the type of person these films are aimed at. (it wasn't me who gave you the red dot btw :P)

The Runaways.

Wow, Dakota Fanning is all grown up :o It was quite good, it was much better than I was expecting. The casting was excellent, especially Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart as Cherie Currie and Joan Jett.

7/10

I watched Shutter Island last night with the missus pretty decent dark thriller i'd read the book so knew the outcome. Think diCaprios a pretty underated actor pretty much most movies ive seen him in hes been really good 7/10. Also watched Frailty with Bill Paxton and Mathew McConaughey after it was highly recommended by a workmate he'll be getting toed in the nuts cos its absolute dross,shit plot,laughable hammy acting mainly by Paxton and a twist so obvious i guarantee u'll have guessed it in the first 15 20 minutes.

Watched the Ocean's Trilogy the past few days. Forgot how much I love the films despite them being totally ridiculous. 11 is the best closely followed by 13. 12's good but not in the same boat as the other 2.

Insomnia (2002)

That's me seen all of Christopher Nolan's films now, so can post on the top 5 Nolan films thread with the full facts at my disposal...

This involves Al Pacino as a cop trying to solve the murder of a 17 year old fan of an author (played by Robin Williams). Hilary Swank is the naive rookie cop, there always seems to be one.

As you can probably tell from the title, it involves Pacino not getting any sleep due to it being set in the Alaskan summer and the sun not going away at night.

Surprised to see Abby from ER (Maura Tierney) turn up as the hotel owner.

Very good film, despite Nolan having nothing to do with the writing.

8/10

Adventureland (2009)

Just watched it for a second time. Been watching a few of Kristen Stewart's :wub: films recently. Outwith the Twilight pish she's a really decent actress.

Anyway this film is fantastic and could realisticly make my top 10 after a few more viewings.

Fantastic soundtrack with The Cure, Husker Du, The Replacements & Bowie.

8.5/10