What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Goal II: Living The Dream (2007)

I watched the first movie when it first released and I really enjoyed it, though I was a lot younger. Noticed this was on BBC2 earlier on so I part-watched it whilst playing FM.

It was awful. The only thing that I enjoyed about it was it was football related, and had Ronaldo, Zidane and Henry in it. Arsenal should have won though. Bottled it again. <_<

3/10

The Bone Collector (1999)

A crime drama starring Denzel Washington as a quadriplegic cop, who with the help of Angelina Jolie has to try and solve some murders played out in a sort of forensic game, sort of like Saw or Se7en but without the horror aspect.

The most surprising thing about this film is two performances from people who I neither knew were in it, or thought they could put on a serious role and do it well. Those two people are Queen Latifah and Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy from Married with Children), but they were both very good in this film!

Very well put together although the slight plothole over which slaughterhouse they picked completely at random slightly let it down, not much but it did annoy for a bit... I don't really care about continuity as I never tend to notice little things like that, but blatant guesswork in a forensic film annoys me!

Even still I'd give this 8/10, as it kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 90+ minutes.

The Bone Collector (1999)

A crime drama starring Denzel Washington as a quadriplegic cop, who with the help of Angelina Jolie has to try and solve some murders played out in a sort of forensic game, sort of like Saw or Se7en but without the horror aspect.

The most surprising thing about this film is two performances from people who I neither knew were in it, or thought they could put on a serious role and do it well. Those two people are Queen Latifah and Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy from Married with Children), but they were both very good in this film!

Very well put together although the slight plothole over which slaughterhouse they picked completely at random slightly let it down, not much but it did annoy for a bit... I don't really care about continuity as I never tend to notice little things like that, but blatant guesswork in a forensic film annoys me!

Even still I'd give this 8/10, as it kept me on the edge of my seat for the whole 90+ minutes.

I remember Ed O'Neill was good in a straight role in The Spanish Prisoner. Been years since I've seen it and I think he was only in it for few minutes right enough.

John Tucker Must Die (2006)

It was better than I thought it was going to be, but it still wasn't great. Had a decent soundtrack, but not my kind of movie.

5/10, but that might be a little generous.

Taken (2008)

Awesome. I thought it was going to be good, and I've read good reviews about it, but that was amazing. Far better than what I had expected.

If I had one gripe, it would be the ending. Other than that though - excellent film.

9/10

Black Swan

A psychological thriller with sexual overtones set in the cut-throat world of ballet (an utter head-f**k with lots of dancing burds in fluffy dresses).

Natalie Portman was far better in it than anything I've seen her in before (which tbf isn't saying much) and I got the impression that the boy, eh, enjoyed some of her scenes with Mila Kunis. Ahem.

8.5/10 (losing 0.5 for the oh-so-shocking-'lesbianism')

Black Swan

A psychological thriller with sexual overtones set in the cut-throat world of ballet (an utter head-f**k with lots of dancing burds in fluffy dresses).

Natalie Portman was far better in it than anything I've seen her in before (which tbf isn't saying much) and I got the impression that the boy, eh, enjoyed some of her scenes with Mila Kunis. Ahem.

8.5/10 (losing 0.5 for the oh-so-shocking-'lesbianism')

V For vandetta and Leon. She's not even terrible in the terrible Stars Wars films.

The Adjustment Bureau

8/10

It's not had great reviews but Matt Damon and Emily Blunt make this film more than the story. The Adjustment Bureau are "agents of fate" who determine which paths our lives lead. Does Damon's character leave the path that has been determined for him and go after Blunt and take the consequences?

Not bad, but Blunt's top lip is a bit annoying!

Bourne Identity

Haven't seen any of these films before and it was on the TV last week. Really enjoyed it, go for 7.5/10

Bourne Supremacy

Was on last night, hopefully the 3rd follows. Enjoyed this as well, and felt it slightly shaded the first. 8/10

Mystic River

Was on the TV on Friday night and someone in work recommended I watched it. Thought it was brilliant, performances of Sean Penn & Tim Robbins in particular. Helped that I hadn't read the book before therefore didn't know the ending. 8.5/10

I watched the Departed the other day. Thought it was really good if not a little long, didn't really see the ending coming and i thought it was maybe a but abrupt, but other than that a really good film, Nicholson, Damon, di caprio and to a lesser extent Mark wallberg, almost his accent was irritating, gave goo performances.

8/10

To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, I have a 'to watch' list longer than a fucking Leonard Cohen song:

Local Hero

Dr Strangelove

Psycho

The Motorcycle Diaries

Lost In Translation

Trans-Siberian

Memento

Moon

The Big Lebowski

Fargo

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

The Special Relationship

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

I saw 'Taken' today in Fopp for £3, read the back of it, thought it sounded shit. Should I watch it?

I just read a couple of reviews on here as well, so I might chance it and get it on Wednesday after I go and see 'Unknown'. Liam Neeson is cool as f**k 8)

http://screencrave.com/2010-12-13/liam-neeson-confirmed-for-taken-2-tv-series-on-the-way/

Secondo on the way also.

You don't remember me do you? I told you I'd find you. 8)

http://screencrave.com/2010-12-13/liam-neeson-confirmed-for-taken-2-tv-series-on-the-way/

Secondo on the way also.

You don't remember me do you? I told you I'd find you. 8)

A TV series? :huh:

You know, we used to outsource this kind of thing. But what we found was the countries we outsourced to had unreliable power grids. Very Third World. You'd turn on a switch - power wouldn't come on, and then tempers would get short. People would resort to pulling fingernails. Acid drips on bare skin. The whole exercise would become counter-productive. But here, the power's stable. Here, there's a nice even flow. Here, you can flip a switch and the power stays on all day.

A TV series? :huh:

You know, we used to outsource this kind of thing. But what we found was the countries we outsourced to had unreliable power grids. Very Third World. You'd turn on a switch - power wouldn't come on, and then tempers would get short. People would resort to pulling fingernails. Acid drips on bare skin. The whole exercise would become counter-productive. But here, the power's stable. Here, there's a nice even flow. Here, you can flip a switch and the power stays on all day.

If statham gets the gig for it, it will probably ruin all the franchise almost immediately.

Just be grateful they aren't doing a tv series on blade runner...

I saw 'Taken' today in Fopp for £3, read the back of it, thought it sounded shit. Should I watch it?

Dont watch it, it was one of the worst films i have seen in a long time, its just defies stupidity at times, liam neeson strolling through france beating people up and killing like there is no tommorow lost count of the people he had killed within the first hour.

He could teach james bond a thing or two im telling you...

The ending aswell is just god awful.

Not my kind of movie atall.

Waits for abuse, seems to be a popular fim on here :ph34r:

Edited by tintax

Dont watch it, it was one of the worst films i have seen in a long time, its just defies stupidity at times, liam neeson strolling through france beating people up and killing like there is no tommorow lost count of the people he had killed within the first hour.

He could teach james bond a thing or two im telling you...

The ending aswell is just god awful.

Not my kind of movie atall.

Waits for abuse, seems to be a popular fim on here :ph34r:

It's an action movie, what did you expect? laugh.gif

The TV series is a ridiculous idea. I think Taken 2 would be a bit shit as well. Who is going to get kidnapped this time?

Edited by GingerSaint