What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

True Grit. 7/10 thought it was ok,bit overhyped perhaps.thought jeff bridges was excellent.

The Town. 8/10. Good heist movie with plenty of action.

The Kings Speech 8/10. Pleasantly surprised by this one. Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were fantastic.

Anchorman - 6/10

Quite funny but is honestly in my opinion the most overrated film I have ever watched. I can't understand why everyone makes such a big deal about it.

Thought i was the only person alive that thought that about this film, one or two funny scenes in it the rest is just shite and predictable.

Thought i was the only person alive that thought that about this film, one or two funny scenes in it the rest is just shite and predictable.

Nope, it's dull as hell. It's just that the people that like it tend to loud and boorish, so they are more noticeable.

Now to talk about a much funnier film...

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (Video 2002)

This was just fucking comedy gold! It may not mean to be, but so help me God I have never laughed so much at a film in my life!

What do we have?

• We've got John Barrowman looking like the most uncomfortable person on Earth as he kisses Jenny McShane's tits
  • We've got the most fake looking shark in the history of cinema

Now that seems like a short list, but just watch the comedy moments on this video. It's just brilliant!

Now where you will see where the outrageously high mark comes from, back to the enigma that is Barrowman... this scene was to get a reaction for the co-star and he thought it would be edited out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

It's my maximum spoof mark, but it really is worth it! - 7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Not a film I've watched, but couldn't think of anywhere else to put it since my trailer thread bombed a few weeks ago.

Has anyone seen "Rubber"?? It's a film about a killer tyre (I'm serious). Here's the trailer...

Reviews on IMDB aren't that bad. I think I might have to add this to my lovefilm list :lol:

Not a film I've watched, but couldn't think of anywhere else to put it since my trailer thread bombed a few weeks ago.

Has anyone seen "Rubber"?? It's a film about a killer tyre (I'm serious). Here's the trailer...

Reviews on IMDB aren't that bad. I think I might have to add this to my lovefilm list :lol:

:blink::o

I need to see that!

Nope, it's dull as hell. It's just that the people that like it tend to loud and boorish, so they are more noticeable.

Now to talk about a much funnier film...

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon (Video 2002)

This was just fucking comedy gold! It may not mean to be, but so help me God I have never laughed so much at a film in my life!

What do we have?

• We've got John Barrowman looking like the most uncomfortable person on Earth as he kisses Jenny McShane's tits
  • We've got the most fake looking shark in the history of cinema

Now that seems like a short list, but just watch the comedy moments on this video. It's just brilliant!

Now where you will see where the outrageously high mark comes from, back to the enigma that is Barrowman... this scene was to get a reaction for the co-star and he thought it would be edited out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1XOfHax6Q8

It's my maximum spoof mark, but it really is worth it! - 7/10

I can't believe you actually sat through the whole film :lol:

That's not really a film.........................is it ?

Submarine

Written and directed by Richard Ayoade of The IT Crowd. I've never seen that programme so I don't know how this compares to that.

I thought the film was great and very funny. Really strong cast, though Noah Taylor seems to give up on attempting a Welsh accent after the first few lines. It took me a while to realise Sally Hawkins was the mother in it. Packed with intentional references to other film styles and genres, it has clear similarities to Harold and Maude as well as the films of Wes Anderson but not in a negative way. Twenty minutes in I thought I was watching a classic. Didn't turn out that way but it's very good nonetheless.

8/10

Cold Prey (2006)

I had heard that this Norwegian horror was good, but sadly it turned out to the most predictable vacation horror ever...

At one point I even said to myself, "whereabouts is the randomly located rifle and a solitary shell?" - needless to say it appeared a couple of minutes later...

This film was beyond clichéd, f**k it had the falling down, the inexplicable bear trap, the killer who is supposed to be dead and of course - the stupid we're being chased by a killer in a place where there is no escape but let's just hide for 20 minutes until we get a sudden realisation that maybe we should do something...

As if that wasn't enough, we've got a fucking teleport scene. :angry: :angry: :angry:

3/10

I watched battle royal last night. Crazy japanese film where a class of school kids is set loose on an island and told only 1 can survive, so it goes on to show 40 odd deaths. Pretty poor, but some Of te death scenes were very amusing, as in one girl looked like she was going to sneeze an just died.

I watched battle royal last night. Crazy japanese film where a class of school kids is set loose on an island and told only 1 can survive, so it goes on to show 40 odd deaths. Pretty poor, but some Of te death scenes were very amusing, as in one girl looked like she was going to sneeze an just died.

It's fucking amazing! Kazuo Kiriyama is one of the badest motherfuckers this side of Nagasaki.

Salvage 4/10

British horror about a cul-de-sac which is suddenly quarantined by the army with the residents forced to stay indoors as something nasty is kicking about.

You sure you weren't just watching a re-run of The Scheme? :unsure: