What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Also saw Valentine's Day, the recent one with loads of fairly big actors since there's probably more than one, and I actually enjoyed it. Does that make me gay? unsure.gif

No,it's the fact you love the boabster that makes you gay.

Hth xx

Inception

Big budget thriller in which Tim Lincecum and a strangely mis-cast Juno team up to help Leonardo De Caprio muck about in some Japanese guy's dreams. Or something. Thought this was excellent for about two hours, before the final third descended into nonsense. Will definitely need a second viewing though. There's something not quite right about any piece of art which can be summed up with the lines "and then they found out it was a dream all along".

Went to see Limitless today. Really enjoyed it. 8/10

So do you think he's "off" it at the end or not?

i thought it was a really good film actually 8/10

no, he admits that he's making his own slightly different stuff :P

Edited by Clarko_son

Entitled to your opinion bud,i thought it was class and one of my favourite films. I was impressed with Di Caprio,in my opinion a very underrated actor. His potrayal of some of his characters in The Departed,.Shutter Island and Inception has been nothing short of superb.

I concede Inception is a bit of a mind f**k but a nonetheless brilliant few hours of cinematic entertainment.Gets extra kudos for Tom Hardy,great supporting role and cool as f**k in general.

The burd from Junos a torn face bin! natalie portman would have been better cast imo.

Entitled to your opinion bud,i thought it was class and one of my favourite films. I was impressed with Di Caprio,in my opinion a very underrated actor. His potrayal of some of his characters in The Departed,.Shutter Island and Inception has been nothing short of superb.

I concede Inception is a bit of a mind f**k but a nonetheless brilliant few hours of cinematic entertainment.Gets extra kudos for Tom Hardy,great supporting role and cool as f**k in general.

The burd from Junos a torn face bin! natalie portman would have been better cast imo.

Portman's would've been too old. They needed someone who they could have plucked from school/college since that's where Michael Caine was lecturing right?

It's a bit unbelievable, IMO, that Portman would still be studying. The only other decent actress who would fit that age group I can think of is Kat Dennings :wub:

Sucker Punch (2011)

I thought this was going to be poor, and it was shite to begin with, but when it got started I thought it was really good. It was a little hard to follow at times but realisation hit after the first fight scene. The soundtrack was ace, and watching slightly older girls than me, the majority of them stunning, not wearing a lot of clothes fighting was amazing. :wub:

8/10

I'm unsure whether I want to give it more, but I think I'll stick with eight.

Sucker Punch (2011)

I thought this was going to be poor, and it was shite to begin with, but when it got started I thought it was really good. It was a little hard to follow at times but realisation hit

after the first fight scene. The soundtrack was

ace, and watching slightly older girls than

me, the majority of them stunning, not

wearing a lot of clothes fighting was amazing.

:wub:

8/10

I'm unsure whether I want to give it more, but

I think I'll stick with eight.

Thats the primary reason I want to go and

see it. But seriously take out the fighting is it any good, because the story seems vaguely farfetched.

Edited by Widge

Thats the primary reason I want to go and see it. But seriously take out the fighting is it any good, because the story seems vaguely farfetched.

The storyline is a confusing at first but you should pick most of it up easily. There's still one or two bits I'm a little sketchy on. But if you don't take it too seriously, it's a really good movie.

Thon Emily Browning is in 'Sucker Punch' is she not? It looks shit but she was quite hot in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'*.

*Disclaimer: I'm well aware she was only 16/17 in it but I'm younger than her so it's all okay :P

Thon Emily Browning is in 'Sucker Punch' is she not? It looks shit but she was quite hot in 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'*.

*Disclaimer: I'm well aware she was only 16/17 in it but I'm younger than her so it's all okay :P

I like how any girl who's even remotely close to jailbait requires that disclaimer since Lichtiegate.

Source Code

I'm not a massive fan of Jake Gyllenhal. I thought Donnie Darko was overrated drivel, although I did quite like The Day After Tomorrow (in a brainless disaster film way). I wasn't going to this film with many expectations.

However, it's very, very good. It's a sort of mix between Deja Vu and Groundhog Day - he is constantly being kind-of "sent back in time" to avert a train bombing, so each time we see a replay of the situation it unfolds slightly differently.

The plot is excellent and the acting great, especially Vera Farmiga.

Very recommendable. I'd give it an 8/10.

Source Code

I'm not a massive fan of Jake Gyllenhal. I thought Donnie Darko was overrated drivel, although I did quite like The Day After Tomorrow (in a brainless disaster film way). I wasn't going to this film with many expectations.

However, it's very, very good. It's a sort of mix between Deja Vu and Groundhog Day - he is constantly being kind-of "sent back in time" to avert a train bombing, so each time we see a replay of the situation it unfolds slightly differently.

Did you not think the ending was kinda shit? A bit Hollywood-y

Also:

He kept asking about trying to change the future, like he asked about it three or four times like he didn't really understand it then he suddenly just got it and was more understanding of it than the Doctor man who discovered it.

Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984)

A young boy sees his parents killed by Santa Claus after he stops their car pretending to have car trouble. This leads him into a rampage in later life, with a hatred of all things Santa-related.

Fairly generic and formulaic horror film, it seems more very late 70s in style so even when it was made it would have seemed a bit dated!

Harmless film, nothing particularly good or bad about it... thumbs firmly in the middle!

5/10

---------------------------------

Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 (1987)

This may have benefited being just a standalone film, without the first one as it was basically 45 minutes of editing from the first film; including, of course, all four nude scenes...

We've got the wee brother from the first film in an institution now as a murderer, who seems to retell the story from the first film despite having been a recently born baby then!

We also have the Mother Superior from the orphanage they were in, she's had a stroke which has made her look like the Toxic Avenger for some reason, and despite her strong religious beliefs is living in a house numbered 666... okay! *We'll not go into the whole 616 is the real number of the beast thing here...*

As a standalone, it would probably be a higher mark than the first as it was more straight to the point, however as it is... 4/10

Source Code

I agree with this.

I know, insightful right?