What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Just watched Thelma and Louise, for the first time, and really enjoyed it. Is that strange?

I did realise the ending, because of its fame, with about half an hour to go which kinda ruined it but it was great nonetheless. Geena Davis :wub:, Susan Surandon(sp), Harvey Keitel and Michael Madsen were all really good in it.

6/10

Anvil: the story of anvil

i'm not a particularly big metal fan, nor am i a fan of anvil. But this is possibly the best documentary/film i've watched. To actually show the sheer joy these guys get from playing and the amount of passion the guys have for there music is amazing. Aparently they're now getting more exposure and proper gigs again because of the film

in a word: excellent

9.5/10

Saw an advance screening of Thor today, it's funny in bits has good action scenes and a few references to other things going on in the Marvel/avengers universe.

If you go to see it then you have to sit through about 10 minutes of credits at the end before you see a reasonably relevant scene, if you're not into the Marvel universe

and linking it all together, then just leave and google it when you get home if you are curious.

I waited.

Edit; 8/10

Edited by stimpy

Saw an advance screening of Thor today, it's funny in bits has good action scenes and a few references to other things going on in the Marvel/avengers universe.

If you go to see it then you have to sit through about 10 minutes of credits at the end before you see a reasonably relevant scene, if you're not into the Marvel universe and linking it all together, then just leave and google it when you get home if you are curious.

I waited.

82%

Quite enjoyed it. The action scenes in it were as good as I've seen in a long time, with some good comedy scenes.

what do you think the mystery behind the cube was about?

Scream 4

Didn't go into it with much hope, despite being a big Scream fan. Didn't think it was as bad as a lot of others made out, although it's clear to see that this particularly franchise has maybe lost its magic. I still think it was a pretty good film in its own right.

6/10

Hobo With A Shotgun

Noticed a trailer for this on IMDb a while back, and found out that, like Machete, it was a fake trailer on Grindhouse. Gave it a go but can't say I really enjoyed it, had a couple of decent moments.

3.5/10

Did you not find it boring? And the big reveal totally underwhelming?

I suppose I did a bit, aye. It kept me going enough just till the end, but if it was much longer I probably would've been fed up.

After finding out that Jill was the killer, I was a bit surprised but then I must admit it wore off pretty quickly. I suspected Macaulay Culkin's brother was involved the whole time though. Just because they were going on about the "original" so much I think I was expecting a bit of nostalgia with the killer.....like a face from the past. Don't know why as it's safe to assume that all the faces from the past are dead!

"United" (TV) 7/10

Watched the BBC's film about the Munich disaster on demand last night and Jimmy Murphy's attempts to cobble together a team to compete afterwards. Really enjoyed it, and some good performances from David Tennent and the lad from Skins who plays Bobby Charlton. Makes you think about how much they actually achieved after such a disaster, would recommend it to anyone who can catch it, only a few more days left on demand though.

"United" (TV) 7/10

Watched the BBC's film about the Munich disaster on demand last night and Jimmy Murphy's attempts to cobble together a team to compete afterwards. Really enjoyed it, and some good performances from David Tennent and the lad from Skins who plays Bobby Charlton. Makes you think about how much they actually achieved after such a disaster, would recommend it to anyone who can catch it, only a few more days left on demand though.

thought Tennent and Jack O'Connell (yeah the bloke from skins) were suberb in this, Dougray Scott as Busby did seem a of an odd choice but thought he pulled it off alright. Was good to see an emotional angle from Busby and the football league guy about how they felt blame for the accident as well

thought Tennent and Jack O'Connell (yeah the bloke from skins) were suberb in this, Dougray Scott as Busby did seem a of an odd choice but thought he pulled it off alright. Was good to see an emotional angle from Busby and the football league guy about how they felt blame for the accident as well

Apparently Matt Busby's son isn't happy with it at all. I don't know if it's because it shows Murphy as a more prominent figure in the initial rebuilding of Man Utd, or because of the above where Busby apparently felt to blame for the incident.

Apparently Matt Busby's son isn't happy with it at all. I don't know if it's because it shows Murphy as a more prominent figure in the initial rebuilding of Man Utd, or because of the above where Busby apparently felt to blame for the incident.

His main gripe is with the people that didn't get a mention. And he totally hates the scene between Busby and the FA guy saying it's completely out of character. Another curious gripe is that Busby isn't seen wearing a tracksuit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13181651

His main gripe is with the people that didn't get a mention. And he totally hates the scene between Busby and the FA guy saying it's completely out of character. Another curious gripe is that Busby isn't seen wearing a tracksuit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-13181651

did notice that they mention a couple of players once or twice but none of the backroom staff, so i can see his point about other families perhaps being upset. The tracksuit thing seems a bit of an odd thing to gripe about, considering how many character flaws he claims there to be

Hævnen (In a Better World)

I started watching this Danish film with high hopes due to it's Oscar win and I wasn't let down! A fantastic movie with great acting. I would go into more detail but I'm knackered but that's why they invented IMDb. wink.gif

9.5/10