What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994)

I feel as though I should go to Russia, and apologise on behalf of Britain for one of our most loved actors (Christopher Lee) appearing in this tripe.

The fact I give this is only as high as it is due to it following City Under Siege, and for it having some hilariously bad Russian accents, I'm looking at you Hellboy!

Not enough George Gaynes (Lassard), but when he was in it, with the Russian family at the funeral and at their home he tried his best to make up for the rest of the garbage in this mess!

I think the fact that Hightower and Hooks chose not to be in it says a lot, don't you?

I know that Finland's greatest institution will be 95, but they'll need to get him in Police Academy 8...

4/10

Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead (Video 2008)

AKA Roadkill 2 (in the UK)

Wasn't expecting much out of this, same shit, different day kind of film; but it wasn't bad. They made it different enough from the first one to keep it watchable, and added a bit more of a valid reason for Rusty Nail's reign of terror against the four unsuspecting victims.

I do love that this guy keeps surviving what should be guaranteed death!

I'm surprised there's no third one, probably because they used Dead Ahead, so the clichéd sub-title "Dead End" is out... maybe "Hanging on by a Rusty Nail"?

5/10

Insidious

I went alomg to see this not knowing what it was about other than it was supposed to be quite scary according to a couple of posters on here.

I was a little bit disappointed at first when it looked like it was going to be another haunted house effort. That's not quite what it was about though which pleased me.

There were some particularly good scares in there, especially in the first 30-40 minutes (in the baby's room!)

As people said, it lost its way a bit with the old woman & the twist was obvious at the end.

Over all though I went to get some jumpy frights and it had plenty (maybe they'll be disappointing without the cinema loudness though).

7/10. Not bad.

Skyline - absolute guff, don't waste your time 3/10

I think this bit of trivia says it all about that film...

Filming only cost $500,000, while the digital effects cost an additional $10 million.
Edited by SaltyTON

Police Academy 5: Assignment: Miami Beach (1988)

This one is more to a British sense of humour, as it's VERY Carry On in style. Pretty hilarious, and loads more Eric Lassard! The whole kidnapping was funnier than the previous three films put together, albeit not as good as Police Academy.

The IMDb mark of 3.5/10 reflects the US style of comedy to be honest.

7/10

Saw the first one on ITV4 the other night, thought it was fucking hilarious definetly up there amognst the funniest films i have seen.

Harris is just brilliant in it :lol:

How many are there? And do we get to see more of Harris?

Saw the first one on ITV4 the other night, thought it was fucking hilarious definetly up there amognst the funniest films i have seen.

Harris is just brilliant in it :lol:

How many are there? And do we get to see more of Harris?

There's seven, with a new one next year.

Harris is in them all (except the second and third). Although GW Bailey appears as an uncredited wedding guest in the second.

EDIT: How many times can I misspell 'although'? :angry:

Edited by SaltyTON

A Perfect Getaway

Was told it was good, was pretty disappointed though. Takes quite some time to get into the story, and by the time they pull the "big twist" on you it isn't that surprising. Had its moments but was left quite bored......5/10

A Perfect Getaway

Was told it was good, was pretty disappointed though. Takes quite some time to get into the story, and by the time they pull the "big twist" on you it isn't that surprising. Had its moments but was left quite bored......5/10

IMDb says, if you like this it recommends "Phone Booth" or "Angels and Demons". :blink:

The City of Violence (2006)

Korean revenge thriller, is there any other kind of Korean thriller? They like their revenge over there!

It had the potential to be a very good film, but there was far too much fighting scenes and they went on forever!

Plus it had what all Korean films have, a voice-over, it's almost as much of a cliché as girls falling over in horrors, or David Caruso taking off his sunglasses to convey emotions that he can't by facial expressions.

Worth watching, but lacking some real depth.

7/10

IMDb says, if you like this it recommends "Phone Booth" or "Angels and Demons". :blink:

Have you seen it?

Haven't seen Angels & Demons, can't imagine tthem being similar, and I'm not having the link to Phone Booth either!

Who are we to question IMDb though?

Edited by LAGer

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Had the time in my day to pop along and see it this morning. Like a lot of people, I'm a fan of the first film but not much into the sequels. I reckon this is by far the best sequel and really quite enjoyable. It's a little overlong and it pissed me off to see the mermaids had vampire teeth - EVERYTHING these days seems to require some kind of vampire element. It charges along at a decent pace and the story is fairly linear in that a bunch of people decide a course of action and they all keep going for it until the conclusion. Ian McShane is well cast as Blackbeard and Penelope Cruz is gorgeous. Some quite funny one-liners again.

I saw the 3D version out of curiosity but it was probably a needless expense as it's neither here nor there. There's a very small bit at the end credits for anyone that doesn't mind staying through them but you won't miss much if you decide not to bother.

Basically, it's more of the same and I wasn't expecting to give it a very good score but I feel it merits

7/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

Had the time in my day to pop along and see it this morning. Like a lot of people, I'm a fan of the first film but not much into the sequels. I reckon this is by far the best sequel and really quite enjoyable. It's a little overlong and it pissed me off to see the mermaids had vampire teeth - EVERYTHING these days seems to require some kind of vampire element. It charges along at a decent pace and the story is fairly linear in that a bunch of people decide a course of action and they all keep going for it until the conclusion. Ian McShane is well cast as Blackbeard and Penelope Cruz is gorgeous. Some quite funny one-liners again.

I saw the 3D version out of curiosity but it was probably a needless expense as it's neither here nor there. There's a very small bit at the end credits for anyone that doesn't mind staying through them but you won't miss much if you decide not to bother.

Basically, it's more of the same and I wasn't expecting to give it a very good score but I feel it merits

7/10

It's undoubtedly a good film but the whole mermaid thing annoyed me so much 1. why do the have vampire teeth? 2. why does the mermaid change from a tail to legs?

Agree that there's some funny parts thrown as per and although the film is a tad too long it's in no way dull or boring. Big downside about the whole experience was the 3D, maybe it was just where i was sitting but it was nearly non-existent for the entire film

still it's an enjoyable film 6/10 (just for the 3d being shit)

"9" (2009)

8/10

An excellent computer animated film about small robots trying to survive in a wasteland after a war and discover what caused the war. Pretty good voice cast for a animated film, Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Crispin Glover, Martin Landau and Christopher Plummer. Who are all excellent in the film, and add a real character and quality to the film you normally only see in pixar animated films. If you enjoy animated movies then give this one a shot cause its unmissable.

Black Sheep on the telly the other night. It was class, stupid but class. :lol:If youre a wee bit smashed then its perfect. 8/10

Or if you have a really moronic sense of humour, it's on a par with Harold and Kumar. Not funny in the slightest, and certainly the worst 'comedy' horror that I've ever seen!

The Hole (2001)

Thriller about four students trapped in an old army bunker, as part of a ploy to get the son of a famous actor to fall in love with Liz (played brilliantly by Thora Birch).

Takes a few twists along the way, but anything that seems like a plot-hole along the way is explained at some point later in the film.

With a 16 year old Keira Knightly in her first main role (although obviously the Phantom Menace was her big break).

Really enjoyed this as it was nothing like what I expected, especially given it was a Fox box set with two road trip horrors (Roadkill and Wrong Turn).

8/10