What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Happening

Absolutely awful. The plot is insane and despite being a fan of Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel, the acting was horrendous. I hate myself for giving it a chance and not turning that pish off after 20 minutes. I am in disbelief that it has as high as a 5.5 rating on IMDB. The 18% on Rotten Tomatoes is a much better reflection.

0/10

yeh, rotten tomatoes is always reliable.

last one i watched was the social network. Wasn't expecting too much but it was actually very good. That mark zuckerburg. I knida respect him but also think hes an arsehole. :huh:

Hall Pass 7/10

Before I went I knew exactly what to expect from this type of film and it didn't disappoint. Crudeness and men acting like boys is the best way to describe it, but there were some genuinely laugh out loud moments.

Edited by LAGer

Essential Kiiling

Vincent Gallo plays a Taliban (or is he?) in Afghanistan (or is it?) who is cornered, then captured and interrogated, then on the run in Poland (or somewhere else in Eastern Europe). He doesn't speak throughout the entire film.

It's pretty good. The opening scene is superb and everything up to his run into the European landscape is well done but it all begins to come apart and gets a bit stupid at times. Whilst being intentionally vague as to the detail, it's refreshing to see a different approach to this subject. If this had been filmed from a Western perspective, you can be sure that it would have been packed with one-liners and the body count would have got close to or surpassed three figures. And all in a tedious fashion.

It's less than 90 minutes long which is commendable these days.

6/10

Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (Video 2008)

I love zombedies, they can be quite hilarious, this one is no exception... except it's so shit it's funny!

Low budget (~$30k), and it looks it... but how you can make a film for that amount on proper film cameras, etc, I'll never know!

We've got strippers v zombies v hookers and a pimp that paraphrases Samuel L Jackson (I'm sick of these mother-fucking zombies in this mother-fucking stripclub) and tries to defend himself from about half a dozen zombies by bitch slapping them!

It ain't Zombie Strippers (with Robert Englund and Jenna Jameson), but it's fun and includes a great epic fail where one of the strippers gets really happy that she's had a great idea to throw a can of flammable material at the zombie, then shoot it and set in on fire... only for her to have no bullets left and the can just to bounce of its head!

Fun, harmless and part of a triple pack I got for a fiver with The Zombie Diaries (seen it before but it was an okay British version of Diary of the Dead) and Days of Darkness.

5/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Zombies! Zombies! Zombies! (Video 2008)

I love zombedies, they can be quite hilarious, this one is no exception... except it's so shit it's funny!

Low budget (~$30k), and it looks it... but how you can make a film for that amount on proper film cameras, etc, I'll never know!

We've got strippers v zombies v hookers and a pimp that paraphrases Samuel L Jackson (I'm sick of these mother-fucking zombies in this mother-fucking stripclub) and tries to defend himself from about half a dozen zombies by bitch slapping them!

It ain't Zombie Strippers (with Robert Englund and Jenna Jameson), but it's fun and includes a great epic fail where one of the strippers gets really happy that she's had a great idea to throw a can of flammable material at the zombie, then shoot it and set in on fire... only for her to have no bullets left and the can just to bounce of its head!

Fun, harmless and part of a triple pack I got for a fiver with The Zombie Diaries (seen it before but it was an okay British version of Diary of the Dead) and Days of Darkness).

5/10

Have you seen Wasting Away?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86ci7_wasting-away-trailer_shortfilms

Paranormal Activity 2 - What a load of shite expecting to be scared shitless watching it, how wrong i was wasnt a scary moment in the damm film, took almost an hour to get to any action scences.

Awful 1/10

Paranormal Activity 2 - What a load of shite expecting to be scared shitless watching it, how wrong i was wasnt a scary moment in the damm film, took almost an hour to get to any action scences.

Awful 1/10

You pretty much summed up how I felt about the first one, refusing point blank to see the sequel as I really can't see how the can make it better.

I have a feeling that Paranormal Activity 2 could possibly even be worse than Cabin Fever 2!

You pretty much summed up how I felt about the first one, refusing point blank to see the sequel as I really can't see how the can make it better.

I have a feeling that Paranormal Activity 2 could possibly even be worse than Cabin Fever 2!

Nah its not quite on that level of shit.

Worse thing is there is going to be a third one :(

Road Kill (2001)

Paul Walker horror (just after The Fast and the Furious) where he and his brother (Steve Zahn) prank a trucker over their CB radio. Needless to say the trucker is a murderer who does not take their little joke in the manner it was intended...

Let's not pretend this was anything special, but the acting is decent for this kind of film (albeit a pretty high budget for a road trip horror).

Strangely, it was set up for a sequel at the end but it wasn't made until seven years later... normally it's out within a year, this time it's the same killer but a different actor and no known name actor like Walker or Zahn. Decided to get that (£2.49), as this was decent enough for what it was.

6/10

Edited by SaltyTON

Road Kill (2001)

Paul Walker horror (just after The Fast and the Furious) where he and his brother (Steve Zahn) prank a trucker over their CB radio. Needless to say the trucker is a murderer who does not take their little joke in the manner it was intended...

Let's not pretend this was anything special, but the acting is decent for this kind of film (albeit a pretty high budget for a road trip horror).

Strangely, it was set up for a sequel at the end but it wasn't made until seven years later... normally it's out within a year, this time it's the same killer but a different actor and no known name actor like Walker or Zahn. Decided to get that (£2.49), as this was decent enough for what it was.

6/10

Wow, I was on this film's IMDb last night. I saw it on Walker's profile and got it mixed up with Road House (ph34r.gif). Strange that you see it the next day

*goes onto the Hottie and the Nottie*

Staunton Hill - 3/10

This was directed by George Romero's son, and on the cover of the film is a quote from George himself saying "As scary as it gets!". I don't care if he is you son George, you should be ashamed of yourself.

This film is boring as fuck. A group of "teens" hitchhiking to some rally end up spending the night at a family farm, occupied by your stereotypical hillbilly family. The super strong, mentally retarded son, the big fat momma, and the bigoted wheelchair bound grandma. For 40 minutes fuck all happens, then even when it does it's just so dull. The family start killing the teens, but it's laughable how they do it. The gore is impressive, but the characters you're supposed to be rooting for are arseholes, and even the "twist" is ridiculous and leaves a few unanswered questions.

Edited by Gall09

Queen of Blood (1966)

A strange, fairly generic seeming, 60s Scifi film starring a younger Dennis Hopper. It was meant to to be a scifi horror, but I think that description might be stretching the truth a little too much!

A bunch of astronauts head off to Mars to rescue some aliens who have contacted the space station on the Moon (in which "Astra control" takes the form of what looks more like a cupboard). Mars obviously looks like the desert and has normal gravity you know, and you can walk and behave normally within the space shuttle which can make it to Mars in a couple of weeks from the Moon... but let's avoid going in these obvious failings!

Anyway, the alien turns out to have the power to transfix people, then feed on their blood, and also after she's been tied up she can create fire to free herself of her restrains... but they are ordered to bring her home for the usual "research"!

Anyway, she tries to gorge on Dennis Hopper... his girlfriend takes offence to this and throws her to one side, but she scratches her in the process.

Well and here's the great horror twist, the alien is a haemophiliac and dies from the scratch! :lol:

Ach, but as per normal she's laid some eggs on the ship... blah blah blah...

Fairly crap, but the build up only for the stupidest ending I've seen in a long time deserves something...

3/10 - straight in the bin!

Went to see Your highness last night. Its been getting some fairly poor reviews, but I personally thought for the large part it was hilarious. Natalie Portman made it even better :wub:

It's the main guy in it that I don't find that funny. He was alright in Pineapple Express but that was funny due to Rogen and Franco but he was really poor in Land of the Lost. Looking at his IMDb profile, I've only seen Superbad and Tropic Thunder from his filmorgraphy and the fact I don't remember him in either pretty much sums him up.

Kind of like John Reilly tbh.