What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Have you not seen the adverts for the sequel?(or actually seen the sequel)

No. It's not normally my genre, but as my mate wants to go and see it I will give it a go. If I thought the 1st one was sh*t I wouldn't go at all, but as I didn't mind it I have no problem going to see the 2nd.

I'm guessing Arnie has a bigger part in the 2nd? If he is even in it!

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly 9.5/10

Seen this film numerous times, but it doesn't get old. Absolutely excellent film. The only sh*t thing for me was that the DVD I have was a cut down and had several scenes missing - 3 off the top of my head were Angel eyes looking for Bill Carson and finding all the injured soldiers, before he goes to the POW camp. Tuko(sp?) bathing his feet in the desert. Tuko plucking the chicken. According to my DVD, these scenes (and 4 others) were only released in the Italian version, which is garbage. So needless to say I have went and ordered the new extended version!

The Fugitive - 8/10.

Think this was my first time seeing this, I might've years ago but I cant quite remember. Harrison is on fine form in this film and I thought the cinematography was really clever. Tommy Lee Jones was brilliant as always.

Apollo 18 bought the dvd on saturday,

tagline-"There's a reason we've never gone back to the moon"

premise- officially the Apollo moon missions finished with Apollo 17, secretly Apollo 18 was sent to the moon on a top secret military mission,this is recently discovered film from that mission.

quite a good watch,not really a fan of this type of film(ie likes of cloverfield ,blair witch etc) but this was gripping

only one real jump out of seat/ shit yourself moment

8/10

Edited by rustyarabnuts

No. It's not normally my genre, but as my mate wants to go and see it I will give it a go. If I thought the 1st one was sh*t I wouldn't go at all, but as I didn't mind it I have no problem going to see the 2nd.

I'm guessing Arnie has a bigger part in the 2nd? If he is even in it!

Yeah, he's got a proper role. As does Bruce Willis.

Edited by forehead7

premise- officially the Apollo moon missions finished with Apollo 17, secretly Apollo 18 was sent to the moon on a top secret military mission,this is recently discovered film from that mission.

quite a good watch,not really a fan of this type of film(ie likes of cloverfield ,blair witch etc) but this was gripping

8/10

8/10?!?!?!?!? Each to their own I suppose. I thought it was tedious nonsense.

8/10

8/10?!?!?!?!? Each to their own I suppose. I thought it was tedious nonsense.

Good description. I gave it a generous 2/10, utter borefest.

Cabin in the Woods

Starts off like a standard comedy / horror, then gets better and better. A really good film in the end.

8/10

This was just a clichéd spoof. I've never laughed so much at a mainstream horror failure since Saw 3D.

There Will Be Blood

I haven't seen this in a while (not since 2009 or 2010) so it was - to some extent - like seeing a new film. I didn't really appreciate anything other than DDL's performance last time I saw it (which is, as per, incredible).

This is a fantastic film. Daniel Plainview is a incredibly complex character, and one of the best characters (both in terms of writing and acting) in recent cinema: he's a tragic anti-hero that I should hate but I feel a lot of sympathy for. The score is outstanding, I really loved it. The first 20 minutes features no dialogue, just music telling the story. The cinematography is excellent, it's shot in a way which captures how lonely Daniel Plainview is throughout this film: it's bleak and at times apocalyptic. I was actually reminded of Stanley Kubrick throughout the film, just with how some scenes were shot.

However I can see why some people don't like it. My brother watched this with me - the second time he has seen it with me - and he still hates it. It's a Marmite film really. All I will say is that it isn't entertaining but it is worth giving up 2.5 hours to watch a very thought provoking film.

8.5/10

There Will Be Blood

However I can see why some people don't like it. My brother watched this with me - the second time he has seen it with me - and he still hates it. It's a Marmite film really. All I will say is that it isn't entertaining but it is worth giving up 2.5 hours to watch a very thought provoking film.

8.5/10

Yeah I didnt like it myself. I think it just flew over my head, DDL was obviously brilliant as per but the rest of it didnt win me over at all. Maybe give it a second viewing in the future to see if I get it the second time round.

The Incredible Hulk - 6/10. Pretty meh as I expected but was a decent enough way to waste 2 hours. I did like Tim Roths performance right enough.

Total Recall remake - 6/10

No effort to build relationships during the film, where in the Arnie film you felt sympathy for the mutuants in this because there is no time invested you really dont care. Just rumbles from one fight/special effect to the next. Very meh

The Expendables 2

I fucking loved it. I'd expect it to get a shit review but I really enjoyed it. The fight scenes were excellent and there was a decent plot too (unlike the first one which barely had one). I'm surprised that Van Damme played the bad guy but he was pretty good at it. Some really funny moments too, especially the dialogue and car scene with Schwarzenegger and Willis and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly music accompanying Chuck Norris. The only person missing IMO was Steven Seagal, possibly Wesley Snipes too but there's not much the producer could do about him being in prison. I know Seagal has mostly produced shit films but I like shit films like that and he'd have fitted right in. I don't know what it says about me that I laughed at most of the fight scenes :ph34r:

Would recommend to anyone who wants to see a film with lots of fight scenes and can't be arsed with shite dialogue.

^^^ this

mindless 80's action film type film.

the in jokes etc are brilliant. its like playing catch the reference!

they even got a meme joke in there!

looking forward to 3 !

Just watched Inglourious Basterds again, and it's still just as brilliant as the first time. The scene where they're questioning the three German soldiers in the woods is very possibly my favourite scene from any film ever, and Christoph Waltz's performance throughout the whole film is just absolutely spectacular.

9.8/10