Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

Do they really think that this process of champions losing non-title matches is working?

It used to work. Right now everyone seems to do it though. Like everything in wrestling, if you overdo a decent idea, it turns into shite.

The crowd was pretty dead for Kofi Kingston's US Title win and I'm pretty sure most at home were too.

I think your tv is broken, because the reaction to the final stages of the match was good and when he won he got cheers. The reaction to him winning was as much as Sheamus or Orton got when they came out.

The O2 is gonna absolutely mad fur it in a couple of weeks. UK crowds are always better. Can't wait for a live Raw at the Hydro, there must be one in the future.

Don't see it, The O2 and places like the MEN have capacities of over 20,000. They Hydro is going to be what 12,000.

They need to totally overhaul Kingston's gimmick. He's still playing the Jamaican gimmick in effect; his name, his entrance music, his moves and his ring gear are all still Jamaican based, yet he's clearly not Jamaican in any way.

Have to agree on the champs losing non title matches. And why are there hardly ever any title matches on TV now.

Its like you know whos going to win before the match starts (not withstanding Wade Barrett/Kofi Kingston) as the majority of the time, non title match, challenger wins, title match, champ wins.

Have to agree on the champs losing non title matches. And why are there hardly ever any title matches on TV now.

Its like you know whos going to win before the match starts (not withstanding Wade Barrett/Kofi Kingston) as the majority of the time, non title match, challenger wins, title match, champ wins.

The US, IC and WHC have all changed hands the last 2 Raws

Pretty much at the end of the episode and i have to agree with alot of what everyones saying here, The Barrett->Miz->Barret title changes in the past 2 weeks arent doing the belt any favors, Barrett winning the belt back within 24 hours makes the whole build up to that match and the title change worthless. Kingston is stuck as a 5 minute pre/post Wrestlemania commentator and mid card tired gimmick without a belt around his waist. The whole Ghana/Jamaica thing just makes his gimmick confusing. Dont get me wrong, i do like Kingstons style in the ring, he's energetic, his kicks are excellent and hes brilliantly agile, theres plenty of physical talent in the lad, and i still think his unqiue method of trying to keep in the RR this year was inspired and one of the highlights. Stick a solid gimmick behind him and i think he could break his lower midcard status.

The Ryback promo was solid, builds his motivation well and leads to a potentially great match up. Unsure about the CM Punk one tho. Oh and 3MB/Shield, please no! Dont waste the shield on 3MB, tho i would like to see that idea of a 3MB shite copycat routine, it could be pretty amusing, reminds me of Taka/Funaki trying to interfere in the 2000 Royal Rumble and getting their arses handed to them again and again, something like that would be brilliant, but have the shield simply not acknoledge it to frustrate them into further and further stupid attacks leading to even bigger beatings and culminate it with a tag match in a few months where its a no contest and the shield wipe the floor with them and continue on thier way.

Why are they wasting Cesaro tho? He's becoming another Ziggler, the guy is amazing and needs to be bunked up to top card ASAP. Whats with Mark Henry randomly attacking Sheamus? Is he already out of title consideration? Are they gonna waste the two of them in a pointless feud?

Overall tho a pretty decent Raw, nothing on last week and the crowd was pathetic. Oh and Pushing the Fandango thing that shitely? Pathetic, heres hoping the O2 brings it back in style!

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Did anyone else think that when the camera went to The Shield waiting in the corridor before they came out that it wasn't meant to happen and that Cole & King were ordered to mention it to cover it up?

Also, with CM Punk walking off Raw, is he going to be taking a break for a while?

Did anyone else think that when the camera went to The Shield waiting in the corridor before they came out that it wasn't meant to happen and that Cole & King were ordered to mention it to cover it up?

Yup. That was a massive f**k up. Someone would have gotten the ol' hairdryer treatment for that.

Also, with CM Punk walking off Raw, is he going to be taking a break for a while?

Yeah, I wouldn't expect him for a few months, at least. He's been carrying injuries for a while, which is why he only wrestled once (the John Cena match) between Elimination Chamber and Mania. The Spanish announce table not breaking has fucked his leg, too. Not to the point of surgery but adds another niggling injury to the list.

There's also always stories of him being unhappy and pissed off so I'd imagine WWE will want him to take some time off so that he doesn't piss off (though nowhere else in the business will be able to give him the kind of money and exposure he gets in WWE).