Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The natural conclusion to this feud should be D-Bry getting his big title win over Orton and the McMahon-Helmsley's in the main event of WM 30, but I don't think the WWE writers have the bollocks or ability to book that far in advance. I think it will end up being Cena vs HHH instead.

That would be great. We'll see if they have the patience. I'm doubtful.

One thing for sure is that HHH won't be in the main event. If he wanted to hold the title or wrestle loads of main events, he would have done so by now. I'm pretty certain that if he wanted to, he could be WWE champion. The fact that he only wrestles special occasions shows that he knows he's done as a full timer. I really don't see where you get that HHH will be in the main event of Wrestlemania

The stipulation definitely adds a bit more spice to the Rumble match, not that it needs it. It's still my favourite match of the year!

Me too. It's immense. There hasn't been a bad one in my view. Even with a poorer roster, it's still be great.

The rumble is always great for three main reasons imo:

1) You're guaranteed at least a couple of spots that are hugely entertaining - Kofi in particular is great value, and (this ties in with 2) but its still worth mentioning I guess) when Ziggler was on the mic prior to this years rumble and Jericho's music hit as the 2nd entrant...

2) Plenty of surprise returns/entrants. Not all guaranteed to be good (I remember Drew Carey at the rumble from years ago and thinking that was a bit surreal/shite, and the Bo Dallas debacle this year) but seeing childhood heroes come back is always great.

3) Winner gets a shot at Wrestlemania - afaik "Wrestlemania season" begins once you have a Rumble winner, and the programming usually gets better as a result.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

The Rumble match has only NOT been the main event in 96, 97, 98, 06 and 13. I'm with Dindeleux in that it should always be the main event. In my view none of those matches (Hart vs Taker, Sid vs HBK, HBK vs Taker, Kurt vs Henry and Punk vs Rock) were better than the Rumble match.

The Rumble match has only NOT been the main event in 96, 97, 98, 06 and 13. I'm with Dindeleux in that it should always be the main event. In my view none of those matches (Hart vs Taker, Sid vs HBK, HBK vs Taker, Kurt vs Henry and Punk vs Rock) were better than the Rumble match.

The problem is that the Rumble match is so huge and there's so much cheering and booing and whatnot that it drains the crowd, any match that follows is always going to suffer from the crowd being a bit flat.

It's the same reason that you put a Diva's or another less important match second to last on normal PPVs as it gives the crowd a chance to catch their breath and be pumped up for the main event. You obviously can't do that with the Rumble match as then it's third to last on the card and risks being fairly midcard.

But the Rumble match will never suffer from a flat crowd because of how fucking huge and great it always is. You'd think that Vince would realise that you can't book a match after the Rumble, it just doesn't fucking work. I'm not sure if any match could follow it but it'd need to really draw in the crowd, certainly not any match featuring Mark Henry and not any featuring The Rock in his current state.

On a side note, I just looked up 2006 and they had both world title matches after the Rumble match, how the f**k did Henry vs Angle main event ahead of Cena/Edge? f**k me.

Havent watched in a long time and have just restarted watching Raw, completely random but... have these always done that stupid camera zoom thing when people kick and punch or get thrown to the mat etc I dont recall it before and its strangely annoying lol

Havent watched in a long time and have just restarted watching Raw, completely random but... have these always done that stupid camera zoom thing when people kick and punch or get thrown to the mat etc I dont recall it before and its strangely annoying lol

I've never, ever noticed that.

I just watched last weeks Raw to see if you were talking shite, and you aren't.

f**k you with the force of a thousand suns. That will irritate me forever now. :thumbsdown:lol:

Good show, eh?

Rhodes aside, it was disappointing. I'm fairly sick and tired of seeing pretty much the same thing ending main WWE shows, that's the last 5 shows (2 Raws, 2 Smackdowns and Summerslam) that have finished with Bryan laid out by Orton, The Shield, Triple H or a combination of those three parties. (with Show added in tonight).