Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

The script for Raw on Monday was leaked online. Very interesting read, especially the list of baby faces and heels in order of preference. Poor JTG at the bottom. Also interesting to note that a certain NXT star appears on the list that hasn't appeared at all so far.

Note - it also has a checklist of stuff that must be done/mentioned to build extreme rules matches, so there is match spoilers there if that sort of stuff bothers you.

http://m.imgur.com/a/u9Xj3#

The script for Raw on Monday was leaked online. Very interesting read, especially the list of baby faces and heels in order of preference. Poor JTG at the bottom. Also interesting to note that a certain NXT star appears on the list that hasn't appeared at all so far.

Note - it also has a checklist of stuff that must be done/mentioned to build extreme rules matches, so there is match spoilers there if that sort of stuff bothers you.

http://m.imgur.com/a/u9Xj3#

interesting that CM Punk is still listed on that ... if it is genuine. Has him listed as injured. I'm not saying he's coming back as I think they would have done it by now if he was.

interesting that CM Punk is still listed on that ... if it is genuine. Has him listed as injured. I'm not saying he's coming back as I think they would have done it by now if he was.

Im sure I read initially that Punk was contracted to June so perhaps he is still 'officially' part of the roster until his contract expires? That's how I read it anyway

"Let's all do the Fandango!"

That's when Fandango was fucked. It was a silly gimmick that never had any chance of being long term or even getting over, but the organic fan reaction to it was tremendous. Sadly WWE jumped on the bandwagon and ruined it completely due to how out of touch they are. They seem to believe that they are cool and cutting edge when in fact they are nothing of the sort.

Doubt Cena will ever turn heel, he does far too much 'good story' stuff for the WWE with Make-A-Wish, the Military and the younger fans for them to risk all that and have him turn full heel.

Hope Cesaro gets treated for the superb wrestler he actually is. They seem tempted to go down the 'look he can lift big fat c***s!' route at the moment and it sells him way short. Technically he is a fantastic wrestler (his 2/3 falls match against Sami Zayn is still my match of the year) and I hope they actually show this soon.

In the past Hogan and even Bret Hart to a lesser extent turned heal when they had been examples of being the good guys who live their lives properly, it will happen to Cena, but he probably has a while yet.

Even if they did turn Cena heel he'd still get the mixed reaction. Those booing him now would cheer to be cool and like the bad guy and the kids who love him would boo like f**k.

It seems like it would be a lot of fucking about and hassle on WWE's part to do the turn which would also probably see a drop in merch sales.

I don't see it happening.

Closest I can see is cena getting beat by wyatt, having a flirt with a heel turn then beat him in the third and final match between the two. Before reverting back to face

"Let's all do the Fandango!"

That's when Fandango was fucked. It was a silly gimmick that never had any chance of being long term or even getting over, but the organic fan reaction to it was tremendous. Sadly WWE jumped on the bandwagon and ruined it completely due to how out of touch they are. They seem to believe that they are cool and cutting edge when in fact they are nothing of the sort.

Agree 100%. I remember cringing heavily when Lawler came into the ring the week after the first "fandangoing" and, iirc, grabbed a mic and started asking the fans to "do the fandango!"

If they had handled it with more subtlety (or even with a bit more common sense - Fandango, as a heel, telling people to stop doing the Fandango the next week would have been more logical than Lawler going "WEEP WOOP HEY WWE UNIVERSE LOOK AT THIS COOL FANDANGO THING FROM LAST WEEK! DO IT NOW!") then he might have stood a chance, but alas the WWE prefer to do everything with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

To be prefectly honest the Fandango has been red rotten from the start. A ballroom dancer? I thought it was the reality era? A ballroom dancer? Seriously?

FWIW Johnny Curtis was still due a tag title match after his stint on nXt. He was nXt about 3 years ago was supposed to get a tag title shot with his pro R-Truth. Poor Fandango is still waiting.

Agree 100%. I remember cringing heavily when Lawler came into the ring the week after the first "fandangoing" and, iirc, grabbed a mic and started asking the fans to "do the fandango!"

If they had handled it with more subtlety (or even with a bit more common sense - Fandango, as a heel, telling people to stop doing the Fandango the next week would have been more logical than Lawler going "WEEP WOOP HEY WWE UNIVERSE LOOK AT THIS COOL FANDANGO THING FROM LAST WEEK! DO IT NOW!") then he might have stood a chance, but alas the WWE prefer to do everything with all the subtlety of a sledgehammer to the face.

It's like Mr Duurrr and 'Butt out' from south park combined.

To be prefectly honest the Fandango has been red rotten from the start. A ballroom dancer? I thought it was the reality era? A ballroom dancer? Seriously?

FWIW Johnny Curtis was still due a tag title match after his stint on nXt. He was nXt about 3 years ago was supposed to get a tag title shot with his pro R-Truth. Poor Fandango is still waiting.

This.

I'm still upset they didn't promote Johnny Curtis. His weird act was tremendous in NXT.

or it might've been FCW at the time.

Edited by forehead7

With Heyman revelling in the fact that Lesnar broke the streak on Smackdown and Taker's prolonged disappearance and ignoring the whole Sting debacle, is it possible they're setting up next years Mania with Taker and Lesnar? Taker's never beaten Lesnar, he no longer has the streak and Lesnar would be the overwhelming favourite which is the first time ever that Taker's been the underdog at Mania. Build Lesnar as a wrecking machine for a year, Taker wants his rematch and it's the perfect swansong for Taker to bow out on?

Just a though, and you've obviously got to take away the lack of quality a Taker/Lesnar match really offers as well.

Taker should only make guest appearances now, unfortunately he isn't really 'mic friendly' like others so not sure how it would fit (Wyatt hook up perhaps?)

It would only really work if they 'humanise' the character again so he can speak freely a bit like the ABA days.