Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

That was the best brawl segment I've ever seen.  The Lesnar Taker one a while back where they kept escaping was good, but this is on another level.  More false finishes than most of Roman's matches.  Would've loved to have been in the production meeting for that when someone suggested he flip the ambulance.  

Just a shame the end result will likely to be Reigns winning.

Other than that, the show was pretty average.  It raises a whole ton of questions about Smackdown though, particularly around the tag team and women's divisions.  SD were light on the former, and now they've taken one away.  Not sure if we're getting another call up to replace them, but at this stage who cares?  SD don't.  The women's division is more troubling though.  Two good call-ups to RAW, but who does that really leave?  Face Naomi and Becky and some jobbers?  I assume that if you were on the show last night, you are definitely on RAW now, so it's hard to see who they're going to pull out of their arse tonight.

Oh and as of now, SD technically have no male champions.  Orton looks to be headed to RAW with Ambrose leaving only Naomi and the Usos.  Only one of those actually appears on TV.  If Brock (or more likely Heyman) appear tonight that would redress the balance slightly, especially if they set him up against Nakamura....oooooft.

Edited by forameus

1 hour ago, forameus said:

That was the best brawl segment I've ever seen.  The Lesnar Taker one a while back where they kept escaping was good, but this is on another level.  More false finishes than most of Roman's matches.  Would've loved to have been in the production meeting for that when someone suggested he flip the ambulance.  

Just a shame the end result will likely to be Reigns winning.

You can imagine the plan was for to Roman to come out looking like the face as the evil relentless heel gets more and more dastardly and vicious.

Wonder if they heard the cheers getting louder every time Strowman came back :lol:

That brawl segment was terrific, not sure it got the reaction they were hoping for though...

Decent draft picks and I'm glad Styles hasn't went. Gutted Bliss had to go though, she was pretty much the face of the division on SD. 

Would assume Charlotte, New Day, Emma & Owens are off to SD, possibly DIY too bu that'd leave NXT in the shit a bit. Not sure who else would join them. 

Especially with Cole hot-footing it back to commentary and looking someone had just died.

These are the sort of situations that really puzzle me with WWE.  Surely they knew that if Strowman did that, he would get cheered due to it being Reigns.  If they don't know that, and genuinely thought you'd get the standard face/heel reaction, then why?  If they did know it, but did it anyway, and hope that they'll get that reaction anyway, then why?  Or there's a third option and they're playing some kind of weird long-game.  Unlikely though.

I don't think WWE care if Reigns/Strowman is booed/cheered. They've made their mind up regarding Reigns so that as long as he gets a reaction then that's fine.

As I said in the Mania thread, Reigns is now the top seller of merchandise in the company other than Cena and they obviously value that more than they do online and fans in the stadium reaction.