Smackdown Thread

A puzzling end to that.  Are they just treading water because they've got like 400 weeks of build to Mania?  Not really sure what that finish achieves.  Unless they're going to really swerve it and have AJ win to give him a big match and just have Orton vs Harper or something.  Sadly, it's likely going to be the Wyatt triple threat (good) and AJ thinking he got screwed out of it, meaning we get him vs Shane (very bad).

And boy oh boy, we're getting that mixed tag match.  Hopefully it goes right around the bad scale and ends up being so bad it's good.  I'd go all out too, play it like the WhatCulture guys talked about.  Make the match, and have it as a retirement match for Nikki if she loses.  It's been rumoured, so go for it.  Also make Bryan the special guest referee.  He plays it mostly down the middle cos he's pure good n that.  Only Miz pushes it too far and gets slapped with a few crowd-pleasing DBry moves.  Maybe just the yes lock, as I struggle to see how he can concuss himself using that.  But ultimately, Miz and Maryse win.  Have Maryse pin Nikki clean in the middle of the ring (gotta make Cena look strong) and have them heel it up before leaving.  Then, if the rumours are to be believed (which I'm almost certain they're not, but hey, I said that about this match) have Cena make it all OK by proposing to Nikki.  I cannot think of anything more WWE and WrestleMania than that entire match.

Of course, what we'll probably get is the match, sans Bryan, and Cena pins Miz clean.  Do do do dooooooo.  The End.  which would be absolute shite.

Cena proposing to Nikki. LOL nope. I'm expecting a bit of chaos with the Miz TV segment scheduled for next week. Suspect once Miz has had his say with Cena that Maryse will take over the mix and start verbally attacking Nikki which will lead to her run in and subsequent brawl between them all. 

I'm looking forward to Styles vs Harper, shame about the botched finish for the battle royal. Still a long way to go until Mania they have a lot of time to fill SD episodes and at least it's a new match.

Well they've definitely swerved with that show...

Haven't seen any footage, just reading the recaps, but some questionable stuff.  Sounds like the Cena/Miz segment was great, and looks like Cena's really throwing himself into it in terms of promo.  For all that it's not really the match people want to see, I actually think we'll get something really good come WM.

Then it comes to the title scene.  Not really sure what they're going for there.  They make Harper look extremely weak, essentially being beaten twice, then have Shane interfere, only for Styles to win anyway.  The way it's described, it looks like Shane vs Styles is on, but if that's your plan, why have him win this match?  Then as a last segment, Orton turns on Wyatt...why now?  Seems extremely rushed given we're just two weeks gone from him giving up his Rumble spot.  

All depends how they go from here, but some odd booking.  Still, it's far less predictable than RAW is.