Smackdown Thread

Reading results and the rumours of a few months back, could they actually be going with Cena in a heel run? Just because they had him running down the 'new era' and him putting himself in main events 'because I'm John Cena and I can', isn't very reflective of the values he's insufferably pushed for about a decade now.

Guest bernardblack

I'm such a cena fan boy....loved that promo!

Also wee botch from Corbin when he should've pulled the ref out after zigglers super kick?

Looked like a really late kick out from AJ

Tonight:

Don’t miss AJ Styles and John Cena’s WWE Title Match contract signing tonight

The Miz to defend the Intercontinental Championship against Dean Ambrose

Ziggler scheduled to square off against Corbin one-on-one

Is American Alpha prepared for The Wyatt Family's wrath?

Who is the mysterious La Luchadora?

Would be disappointing if they just have Ambrose keep it, then Miz wins it back at the Rumble.  Smackdown doesn't need to go down the route of having that title hot potato like the women's title.  I guess they could do an abeyance story, taking it away from both and having them fight for it properly with a stipulation at the Rumble.  Give it to Ambrose long-term though, put Miz up to the  main event scene.  Given they like to do holdover feuds between the Rumble and WM, I'd like to see Miz facing whoever is champion at whatever Smackdown's PPV in February/March is.