Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Before the game last night we had a good squad who were capable of challenging for the league

Surely, moronic or not, there weren't Pars fans who thought that???

17 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I really don't see you're problem tbh.

There's also the big problem of change, beforehand you'd have c***s running out of change all over the shop and letting people in for less. The system works fine and saves the club money, fine by me.

"punishing the fans" Jesus christ.

Change? You're telling me Dunfermline can't have change available at the gate? Plenty clubs have PATG and operate it successfully. The turnstile counts how many people go in, the person in charge of that turnstile is responsible for handing over the money that equals the number that came in. It really shouldn't be hard to police.

Makes no difference to me of course, and I wouldn't say it's punishing fans, more inconveniencing them but I fail to see how a pay at the gate system can't be operated properly.

Inverness are a quality side, no shame in losing last night.  The commentary team on the radio certainly made it clear it was a closer game than 5-1.

Change? You're telling me Dunfermline can't have change available at the gate? Plenty clubs have PATG and operate it successfully. The turnstile counts how many people go in, the person in charge of that turnstile is responsible for handing over the money that equals the number that came in. It really shouldn't be hard to police.

Makes no difference to me of course, and I wouldn't say it's punishing fans, more inconveniencing them but I fail to see how a pay at the gate system can't be operated properly.

There were certainly instances where for high profile games they struggled to to have enough change avaliable.

What if the person on the gate puts the person through as a concession while receiving an adult pay? This way is far more beneficial to the club so I'm all for it,it doesn't even inconvenien the fans, they're just queueing in a different place.

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There were certainly instances where for high profile games they struggled to to have enough change avaliable.

What if the person on the gate puts the person through as a concession while receiving an adult pay? This way is far more beneficial to the club so I'm all for it,it doesn't even inconvenien the fans, they're just queueing in a different place.

Having no change for a high profile game is surely poor planning rather than any problem with paying at the gate.

That's why you have separate turnstiles, one turnstile for full paying adults and one for concessions. It inconveniences fans because they have the possibility of queuing twice, once at the ticket office and then again at the turnstile.

I do genuinely worry for the wellbeing of folk out in the big bad world when they are getting in a froth over getting in to a football ground. Go to ticket shop place. Give one of the nice girls your dosh then breeze through your turnstile of choice. There are greater challenges out there than mastering getting in to East End Park 

Last night was a lesson in about being clinical, Inverness were ruthless when the chances fell their way and really impressed me with their second half display. I'm not worrying too much though as i'll be surprised if we come up against a better side this season. If we get pumped at home by Dumbarton next week then i'll be concerned. 

Think what last night did show was that we're still needing to bring in a couple of new players. Haven't really understood the criticism that Wedderburn has been getting from some of our fans, i went to the Arbroath game and i thought he kept things simple and done a decent job, if he was playing last night i don't think we would have been as overrun as were in midfield. Also, Reilly being out for the game last night showed how weak we are upfront as we're only left with Moffat who as reflected by his time at the club will miss a lot more chances than he'll score, so bringing in a striker is a major priority. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That's why you have separate turnstiles, one turnstile for full paying adults and one for concessions. It inconveniences fans because they have the possibility of queuing twice, once at the ticket office and then again at the turnstile.

Having separate gates for adults and concessions has a bigger inconvenience for many people - adults taking young kids to a game who don't want them to be split up won't want them to go through separate queues, especially if one is a lot longer than the other. 

Having no change for a high profile game is surely poor planning rather than any problem with paying at the gate.

It probably is, they're unlikely to have an unlimited amount of coins kicking around though, it's happened quite a few times at other grounds too, it happens.

There's never any queues at the turnstiles, so again, it doesn't make a single difference.

Inverness are a quality side, no shame in losing last night.  The commentary team on the radio certainly made it clear it was a closer game than 5-1.

Quality side or not, 5-1 is an utter reaming. Good to see.

U20s just beat Crossgates Primrose 8-0. After the fourth, the DAFC Twitter said "struggling to keep count here." Fantastic bit of trolling there.

At least I hope they were trolling.

Caley are a very strong team, and the Pars will be fine. Any fan of pretty much any team at this level barring Hibs couldn't give any guarantee the same will happen to them. Any of our fans engaging in shitey wee windups here based off a result from an established top flight team could look rather silly later on this season. I'd imagine that there will be very little to separate most teams at this level, all of whom bar one would struggle in the top flight. 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

As you say, why didn't we punish the thieves rather than the fans. I didn't mean queueing up was a real hardship but little things like that can be counter productive when trying to attract new fans. Smaller clubs than us operate a PATG system easily.

The real reason was probably that nobody trusted us with loaning out cash for the turnstiles.

Really how hard is it? Employ die hard pars fans to do it.