Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Caley are a very strong team, and the Pars will be fine. Any fan of pretty much any team at this level barring Hibs couldn't give any guarantee the same will happen to them. Any of our fans engaging in shitey wee windups here based off a result from an established top flight team could look rather silly later on this season. I'd imagine that there will be very little to separate most teams at this level, all of whom bar one would struggle in the top flight. 

^^Making too much sense

Edited by DAFC.

As you say, why didn't we punish the thieves rather than the fans. I didn't mean queueing up was a real hardship but little things like that can be counter productive when trying to attract new fans. Smaller clubs than us operate a PATG system easily.

The real reason was probably that nobody trusted us with loaning out cash for the turnstiles.

Really how hard is it? Employ die hard pars fans to do it. 

Explain very specifically how you're getting punished.

Very specially.

Rather than deal with a few criminals they changed the system making it more difficult for fans to get into the game and causing congestion and late kick offs at games. It's like everything I suppose, one or two arseholes ruin it for everyone.

I do feel that the club need to look at it again, maybe trialing it for friendlies next season? 

It's not more difficult though, unless you're coming from the Cowden end and sitting in the far end of the main stand you do absolutely no extra walking. We had congestion and late kick offs before also, it's what will happen when people turn up really late.

They did deal with the "criminals" they got punted and the turnstiles are now manned by volunteers. The club find this system much easier to manage and it's pretty easy to see why, it doesn't put out the fans in the slightest, not even a fraction so I'm genuinely baffled as to what the problem is.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

We'll be fine because our own wee safety net Ayr United are here with us. 

They love that. They get all hyped up pre-season, slog it out all season then lose a 90th minute equaliser in a vital game. Simmons and Casa both prompting jubilant celebrations. 

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

As you say, why didn't we punish the thieves rather than the fans. I didn't mean queueing up was a real hardship but little things like that can be counter productive when trying to attract new fans. Smaller clubs than us operate a PATG system easily.

The real reason was probably that nobody trusted us with loaning out cash for the turnstiles.

Really how hard is it? Employ die hard pars fans to do it. 

My son is 17 and has been voluntarliy manning the turnstyles last season. I believe all who do it are volunteers & the majority are of a similar age. He basically allows season ticket hiolders to scan their cards & presses a button to let them in or tears a ticket in half & presses the same button.

I can almost guarantee if the club made it PATG he & the other volunteers of that age would be binned & we would have to pay people to handle cash.

The club is relying on volunteers to do so many tasks that they were otherwise have to pay for. It's where we're at so I'm afraid you are just going to have to deal with it.

Don't see what the big deal about having to buy a ticket is. Sure I stood in a wee que at the ticket office last night but was probably served in 5 minutes, you can stand longer at a "pay" turnstile while waiting for folk in front of you  getting their  change.

I would imagine that you can buy your ticket from DAFC though the week leading up to the match rather than just on the day its self?

Edited by cowdenbeath

8 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't see what the big deal about having to buy a ticket is. Sure I stood in a wee que at the ticket office last night but was probably served in 5 minutes, you can stand longer at a "pay" turnstile while waiting for folk in front of you  getting their  change.

I would imagine that you can buy your ticket from DAFC though the week leading up to the match rather than just on the day its self?

You are correct. It really isn't that big a deal to most people.

You buy the ticket during the week or you buy it before you head into the ground for a pint. We averaged 3,400 at home last year with a couple of games around 5000 and over 7000 when we won the league. I never seen much of a queue at any game and I hardly missed a game. No issue

Caley are a very strong team, and the Pars will be fine. Any fan of pretty much any team at this level barring Hibs couldn't give any guarantee the same will happen to them. Any of our fans engaging in shitey wee windups here based off a result from an established top flight team could look rather silly later on this season. I'd imagine that there will be very little to separate most teams at this level, all of whom bar one would struggle in the top flight. 

Listen, you Uncle Tom, stop sucking up to these Pars types.

If we were humped 5-1 at Starks, Fantalk would be in meltdown; as is only right and proper.

Getting humped 5-1 at home is unacceptable. Especially for a big team like Dunfermline. They should organise a day of mourning at EEP.

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Listen, you Uncle Tom, stop sucking up to these Pars types.

If we were humped 5-1 at Starks, Fantalk would be in meltdown; as is only right and proper.

Getting humped 5-1 at home is unacceptable. Especially for a big team like Dunfermline. They should organise a day of mourning at EEP.

is fantalk your .net full of roasters who are usually wanting to moan about everything and anything? I've seen general negativity on .net after a convincing win :thumsup2

is fantalk your .net full of roasters who are usually wanting to moan about everything and anything? I've seen general negativity on .net after a convincing win :thumsup2

Yes. Cruelly labelled as Fannytalk.

Didn't Falkirk take a 7-0 arse-ripping last season? Their season didn't exactly go according to that one game. 

Yes, off Ross County, who we almost parped out the Scottish Cup. That game was in September, mind you.

19 hours ago, rw89 said:

You know, you're making this rivalry rather hard to engage in with so many sensible posters, especially if you're going to wind your zoomers' necks in.

Edited by TheMessiah

We need to be steady and hard to beat at home, I think bringing in Wedderburn was a good idea and already Geggan and the team is benefitting but the performance against Cowden was a worry.

Our full backs are not top four material and going forward neither have a good delivery. I would play Martin before either. Could really do with a solid right back like Reid was. I think Fordyce can play there so maybe? I hope he comes back as good as he was.

Ben is a worry for me, but hopefully the mistakes are sparse and he learns from them.

We definitely need another striker or two, a finisher and a target man. Moffat is fantastic at holding the ball up but can't finish. Reilly looks a bit lost with the long balls tbh. Very hard to judge him as he's had not much to work with.

For the first time I'm starting to doubt AJ and some of his decisions, how much of it has been governed by financial reasons is unclear but man for man we don't look like we can cope with the top four on paper in certain areas.

If we play against fast skilful wingers it's game over.