Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think your man DAFC is on to something when he says Richards-Everton is being found out. What sort of defender is he? He doesn't have the physicality of M'Voto but seems slow and cumbersome on the ball as well. I'd read done great things about him prior to the season but the truth is that even Mark Stewart, our third choice striker, made him look ordinary at best. I think you'll have a lot of issues with him at CB all season.

Last year he was up against part-timers. Of course he would look good. Now that he's up against footballers with a bit more acumen, he's struggling. Big Fordyce is a much better defender but he was injured for 90% of last season. Don't know if Raith fans can remember him at Livingston tbh but he was a stand-out before his injury and done well against Hibs last week. A CB partnership of Fordyce and Ashcroft would be ideal. 

Very quiet from the so called big team. Could it be possible that they got well beaten by a far superior "wee" team who weren't even close to being at their best COYR and roll on November for the second part of the humiliation of our most loved rivals lol ha ha hee hee

Very quiet from the so called big team. Could it be possible that they got well beaten by a far superior "wee" team who weren't even close to being at their best COYR and roll on November for the second part of the humiliation of our most loved rivals lol ha ha hee hee

Before the first goal it was anyone's game. I thought we shaded it until that then you cruised it and deserved the victory. Think a lot of Rovers fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Ben was excellent against Hibs last week. He scored an own goal that wasn't entirely his fault, fair. He was very solid other than that though. People need to stop panicking because of one poor result, where we played pretty well for most of the game. Same posters would be talking up our top four chances had we won as well. Total reactionary nonsense.

20 hours ago, Shooboax said:

We'll be fine this season. We'll stay up and consolidate our position in this league. But we obviously have to work hard to earn that right.

It's way too early to be singling out players for the pitchfork treatment. Hutton, BRE and Hutton are those guys already and we're just into very early stages of this season.

Doubled out hutton!

45 minutes ago, steely59 said:

Said before season started Townies would struggle as league is far harder than it was when they were last there. As usual they brag when there is nothing to brag about. Below average championship team at best COYR

Most Pars expected to be a mid-table side. From what I've seen so far, that's exactly what we'll be. I don't remember any Pars fans bragging about our current side at all. Although I suspect that was the 'wee' chip on your shoulder talking.

48 minutes ago, steely59 said:

Said before season started Townies would struggle as league is far harder than it was when they were last there. As usual they brag when there is nothing to brag about. Below average championship team at best COYR

Wee team syndrome pish

54 minutes ago, steely59 said:

I do not know a single Pars fan that actually thinks we're better than middle-table obscurity. AJ is the only one that is aiming for top 4. He'll need to make a few more signings before we're near that and we don't have the money. Think most Pars fans will be happy with a comfortable finish away from the relegation zone.

Nothing worried me bar a couple of mistakes. The Pars have competed with Hibs and Rovers in last two games and haven't looked outclassed (just a player or two short). I have no fears about this season. If they can avoid a confidence dipping run of defeats and keep playing as they have been, I see no reason to not target a play off spot.

We'll still finish above Raith tbh.

I was bored rigid by a Pars supporter at a wedding who told me you'd "destroy" us and win the league. He was deadly serious, so there are still some roasters about. I get that most of you have more realistic aspirations but these people are out in the community.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I was bored rigid by a Pars supporter at a wedding who told me you'd "destroy" us and win the league. He was deadly serious, so there are still some roasters about. I get that most of you have more realistic aspirations but these people are out in the community.

Exactly. Most Rovers fans are good people as well but there are also posters such as yourself who let the team down.

The Pars will be fine this season and I still expect you to challenge for the top four. Hibs and Ayr aside, everyone else is pretty much of a similar standard and capable of beating each other on their day. We've only played three games so don't see the point in getting carried away or being too pessimistic.