Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Gents, in your fair toon at the weekend, Apricot, Everest or Khushis for a curry?

Also, book ahead; it can be pretty busy at the weekend.

But aye, Apricot is by far the best restaurant in the town. If you don't go there, don't bother coming back. :P

1 minute ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Dunfermline, Scotland's answer to Bradford but only far nicer.

There's the Viceroy and Royal Bengal as well. I've been to Apricot once and I didn't enjoy it, however I'm willing to give it another go if you end up going and like it - post a review! I usually go to Ashiq's as we get on well with the owner and always enjoy the food. 

For pars fans a new YouTube channel showing the pars penalties like the one v Raith we actually scored. He said he's going to be filming them all so by the end of next season it will be a good archive of penalties. Let's hope we score more next season than have his season. Link provided below

[

]

On 12/04/2017 at 07:19, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, how would you rate our season out of 10? Also, who's your outfield POTY, seeing as Murdoch is the obvious choice for overall.

6/10, terrible start, maybe this was down to injuries and AJ underestimating the league or overestimating some of our players?

After bringing in McMullan, Morris, Clark we looked far better. Going forward at times we are good to watch and at the back we look steady and solid. Think we will finish sixth. 

Best player overall Murdoch.

Second best Nat/Higgy

Most improved Talbot.

Best young player McMullan

Worst Reilly

6/10 simply because if we stay up, it's more than I thought at the start.
A season of frustration and missed opportunity. AJ had better strengthen us in the summer and work on a plan B because if not, we'll stay in mid table limbo.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

6/10, terrible start, maybe this was down to injuries and AJ underestimating the league or overestimating some of our players?

After bringing in McMullan, Morris, Clark we looked far better. Going forward at times we are good to watch and at the back we look steady and solid. Think we will finish sixth. 

Best player overall Murdoch.

Second best Nat/Higgy

Most improved Talbot.

Best young player McMullan

Worst Reilly

On 2/16/2017 at 11:09, D.A.F.C said:

The commentators said it was a def pen and Borris was to blame.

So you've stopped calling him Borris then?

Personally I would say there's been literally no improvement or decrease in Talbot's performances, he was solid last season and has been almost identically solid this season, extremely consistent yes but not improved much.

6 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Gents, in your fair toon at the weekend, Apricot, Everest or Khushis for a curry?

Apricot is great for food and service. Been loads.

Viceroy, Royal Bengal, Kushi's and Ashiqs are all decent. You won't go wrong in any of them. FACT

Talbot is pretty much Austin McCann to me. You think he should be fucking terrible but he gives you pretty much 7/10 every week.

If Sean Murdoch doesn't win PotY, I'll be raging. Higgy and McMullan have been great at times but neither consistent enough. Morris and Ashcroft have been the best defensive partnership we've had this season but unfortunately we went through a dozen other combinations to get there.

Connor Duthie is apparently doing a good job on the wing for Stenny. I thought he was just a full-back but that may have been sheer ignorance on my part. Hopefully he gets a shot during pre-season. Going to be all about new contracts for the next couple of months I'd imagine.

32 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

So you've stopped calling him Borris then?

Personally I would say there's been literally no improvement or decrease in Talbot's performances, he was solid last season and has been almost identically solid this season, extremely consistent yes but not improved much.

He is still a bit prone to making occasional lackadaisical error due to over confidence or lack of concentration. He is superb at being quick off the mark and overpowering players though. Our defence started looking better when Fordyce got fit and Geggan came in. I think the Rovers away game (0-2) was the first time this season where I though we aren't going to lose a goal here. He contributed to two shutouts then was rather harshly dropped but it has paid off. Morris overall is undoubtedly better than Fordyce but can ruin it all with a total heads gone now and again. A small bombscare, false alarm maybe...certainly not an SPL quality player imo as proven by relegated united and not playing for Aberdeen.

Talbot has been brilliant lately, he was always steady but he seems to have stepped it up lately. MOTM against hibs and did really well last week despite getting a sore one early on.

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

He is still a bit prone to making occasional lackadaisical error due to over confidence or lack of concentration. He is superb at being quick off the mark and overpowering players though. Our defence started looking better when Fordyce got fit and Geggan came in. I think the Rovers away game (0-2) was the first time this season where I though we aren't going to lose a goal here. He contributed to two shutouts then was rather harshly dropped but it has paid off. Morris overall is undoubtedly better than Fordyce but can ruin it all with a total heads gone now and again. A small bombscare, false alarm maybe...certainly not an SPL quality player imo as proven by relegated united and not playing for Aberdeen.

Talbot has been brilliant lately, he was always steady but he seems to have stepped it up lately. MOTM against hibs and did really well last week despite getting a sore one early on.

Moving from United to Aberdeen is not a signal that you've had a poor season, disgraceful that he never just played with a fucked achilles too. :blink: