Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don't think he hates Williamson. I think he thought he was clever and special once because he didn't rate a player everyone else did and now feels foolish because he's been proved wrong over and over and over again.

It's tough when you can't admit you're wrong. I thought Aird would be shite and an off-field distraction but turned out to be a great signing. I thought AJ had no chance of turning things around in early March but he did. 

I did admit I was wrong about Williamson and I even put a tenner towards a sightsavers charity. It's on here somewhere.

I just said we should sell him if the opportunity arose because defensively he can be suspect. Is that really so controversial?

Its funny how others can chose when you can and can't defend yourself. I don't hate any pars player past or present even Simmons.

With Aird I did push for him to be played every week after the home Livvy game. Far better end product than Cardle over a season.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

You going to grass on the grasses like?

Anyway, is dafc wanting us to sign a zillion players? We also have what is a limited budget, funnily enough most budgets are.
6 strikers? 5 wide men? Nah. We need quality not a huge squad.

Martin though I agree, has been fantastic since coming in.

Defence doesn't need anyone, just a replacement for Murdoch if injured and perhaps freshen up with MVoto and or Talbot replaced.

Midfield we would need to sign at least three central midfielders if we are letting Nat, Shiels and Splaine go. Those guys out and Beadling, Vincent and another would be superb.  Can't see Lochhead staying so four or five maybe?

Wide players. Resign Aird and Higgy. Paton and Cardle replaced. Three quality proven wingers and one youngster perhaps? 

Strikers

Clark McManus Ryan loan out Smith and get a target man.

New reserve keeper

New centre half and right back cover. 

Four central midfielders

One striker

I think we need this to challenge. We actually had more than this at the end of the season.

Five wingers seven central midfielders four strikers and three keepers

Do you see now how AJ failed in some respects. Last season we had squad players not good enough for the bench who were starting games weeks earlier.

How much would you sell Williamson for, even assuming clubs are bidding for him?

I do think AJ has made bad decisions at times, that doesn't mean he's a failure tho. Yes he's not had a good of season as hopkin. But he has outperformed others, he's not the messiah, but having achieved what we set out to do and looking like we are close to building a decent squad should we manage to keep the side together there's surely something to be gained from abit of continuity?

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I did admit I was wrong about Williamson and I even put a tenner towards a sightsavers charity. It's on here somewhere.

I just said we should sell him if the opportunity arose because defensively he can be suspect. Is that really so controversial?

Its funny how others can chose when you can and can't defend yourself. I don't hate any pars player past or present even Simmons.

With Aird I did push for him to be played every week after the home Livvy game. Far better end product than Cardle over a season.

Who's deciding when you can and can't defend your opinions? You've just done it.

Why are you singling Williamson out when you've said that we can do better? Once again, he was part of the league team of the year. Why don't you talk about replacing others if we can do better? It always seems to be Williamson for some reason.

Just mentioned Talbot and mvoto? It might be an unpopular opinion but I really didn't rate Williamson last season. This season he has improved his crossing but defensively he doesn't attack the man or cover his area leading to central defenders covering for him and he drifts inside. Thankfully there hasn't been too many good wingers in this league to expose it. I don't hate him at all just bring honest. I know it's against most opinions and I'm not doing it to stand out or anything. What does it matter no need to resort to insults I haven't dropped to that level. Maybe I just hate all right backs at the pars? Millen was the same with me lol

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Just mentioned Talbot and mvoto? It might be an unpopular opinion but I really didn't rate Williamson last season. This season he has improved his crossing but defensively he doesn't attack the man or cover his area leading to central defenders covering for him and he drifts inside. Thankfully there hasn't been too many good wingers in this league to expose it. I don't hate him at all just bring honest. I know it's against most opinions and I'm not doing it to stand out or anything. What does it matter no need to resort to insults I haven't dropped to that level. Maybe I just hate all right backs at the pars? Millen was the same with me lol

Sign Craig Reid.

58 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I know it's against most opinions and I'm not doing it to stand out or anything.

If you weren't doing it to stand out then you wouldn't post about it constantly for years. 

He played every game this season, meaning AJ rates him. He was named in the Championship Team of the Year, so his peers rate him. Every other Pars fan I've met rates him. We have had so many other players worse than him over the past few seasons that you haven't even slightly given as much abuse to.

Do you have a replacement in mind or will anyone do? Perhaps Craig Reid since he's been released by Ayr United...

During the St Mirren game at EEP that was on BT when Sean Murdoch was among the pundits (lol), he mentioned that Williamson isn’t used/seen as a defender and that we just try to use him as an extra winger.

It’s a bit daft and maybe even naïve to almost excuse him of any real defensive responsibility but it might explain his role a bit better.

Williamson is our most sell-able asset right now.   To be honest I would sell him and sign Reid and a  couple of others with the cash if Hibs were to come calling with £100k.

Who knows if that hasn't already happened..........

I do rate him as a player but maybe he believes himself he needs to step up  a level to further his career, and who can blame him.  This stuff about his defensive side I've never quite understood.  Full backs in our system need to have more of an attacking threat to aid the wingers rather than worry too much about defensive duties.  Hence I firmly believe that Lewis Martin > Jason Talbot.

The manager needs to get the recruitment spot on this Summer, not needing January to save our season.

Going in last season without a natural central midfielder and spending over £20k on a 3rd/4th choice striker was baffling.

A few players have talked of Williamson getting a move and being impressed by him in games and training. You get these spells when a particular type of player/position becomes popular and Andy Robertson’s success will likely have managers thinking “are there any other attacking fullback gems hiding in Scotland?”.  He was an ever present in the best defence in our league and set up plenty of goals - has to be worth a good few quid.