Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We have wages freed up by Clark and McManus. Our squad is about five players down on last season and with less quality. We must have spare cash unless the budget has been cut.

I'm sure a sponsor paid Clarks wage? 

Unless the same happens again then we have lost a free player. 

If the interest is genuine and Dundee are interested in a deal, I would have thought a deal would be done by now - Dundee go on a training camp tomorrow. If there’s no news today/tomorrow, the deal’s dead. Dundee have signed a new striker already and haven’t included Faissal in either of their squads for friendlies, so there’s no concern of them needing to keep him, until they sign someone else.

If Faissal’s on the flight tomorrow, he’s not coming here. We need strikers in ASAP and can’t afford to put all our eggs in one basket again, for El Bakhtaoui.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Surely it's time for Dunfermline to speculate to accumulate and splash the cash. What's the worst that could happen?

They could end up trapped in a league below their normal level having suffered several botched attempts at recovery. All the while pondering past glories, m8.

19 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

They could end up trapped in a league below their normal level having suffered several botched attempts at recovery. All the while pondering past glories, m8.

They'll surely not go down to the third tier again!

35 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Surely it's time for Dunfermline to speculate to accumulate and splash the cash. What's the worst that could happen?

No chance. Under the directorship not too long ago, the club was on the verge of collapse. The club is in a very good financial position and is not prepared to find itself being in massive debt again. The club is run by genuine Pars supporters and as much as I'd like to see us in the premiership, it won't be done by having a millstone around the neck.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

If the interest is genuine and Dundee are interested in a deal, I would have thought a deal would be done by now - Dundee go on a training camp tomorrow. If there’s no news today/tomorrow, the deal’s dead. Dundee have signed a new striker already and haven’t included Faissal in either of their squads for friendlies, so there’s no concern of them needing to keep him, until they sign someone else.

If Faissal’s on the flight tomorrow, he’s not coming here. We need strikers in ASAP and can’t afford to put all our eggs in one basket again, for El Bakhtaoui.

There is no deal though. There never was

52 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Administrations record against us is about as good as ours is against you boys so splash that shit babeh!

47 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

We could spend fortunes on players, but end up struggling to get out this league like some other teams who try to buy their way out of it for the past couple of years....but fail miserably. 

It would be even worse if our closest rivals beat us to send us down to a league we couldn't buy our way out of first time of asking. That would be the most embarrassing thing of all. :lol: 

I quite liked League One. More fun than our last season in the Premier. Who could forget some of Potter's formations and tactics? Oh how we laughed. 

I'll never forget how angry I was after we drew one each away to Brechin in February. I think more so because I was numb everywhere and needed to awake my limbs.

I'll never forget how angry I was after we drew one each away to Brechin in February. I think more so because I was numb everywhere and needed to awake my limbs.

It was in March. It was my first game in a few months and I was needing a football fix. I didn't want to see a football for 6 months after that Brechin game.

50 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

No chance. Under the directorship not too long ago, the club was on the verge of collapse. The club is in a very good financial position and is not prepared to find itself being in massive debt again. The club is run by genuine Pars supporters and as much as I'd like to see us in the premiership, it won't be done by having a millstone around the neck.

But sticking their head in the sand when it comes to paying creditors.  Worse than Sevco.

JJ and Potter could never get it in their heads that starting every attack with the ball being given to Ross Millen to take to the half way line, look petrified then have to launch the ball at some far away midgets just wasn't working. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Took us a while to get the Loy deal done last season. I think players generally wait a bit and see if any better offers come up before dropping down a division. 

37 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There is no deal though. There never was

Just a circle jerk of a few people who were hoping against hope. He'll see out his contract and drop a few leagues. Possibly end up playing Juniors. 

Even if he gets freed by Dundee, is he going to take the drop in washes necessary to fit with your wage structure?