Walking Down The Halbeath Road

No Connolly tonight and nobody playing that was out on Saturday. Why are there so many players unavailable? Under 2 weeks until the season starts, and we don’t even have 11 fit first team players. Hopefully a few will be back involved on Saturday.

Trialist: Josh Robertson, Gregor Jordan, Stuart Morrison, Kieran Swanson: Lewis Crosbie, Matty Todd, Paul Allan, Brandon Luke: Trialist, Aidan Connolly, Lewis Sawers, Paul Brown, Craig Burt.

15 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No Connolly tonight and nobody playing that was out on Saturday. Why are there so many players unavailable? Under 2 weeks until the season starts, and we don’t even have 11 fit first team players. Hopefully a few will be back involved on Saturday.

Injuries. They do tend to happen to professional sportsmen now and again

Injuries. They do tend to happen to professional sportsmen now and again

Yes, but having 6 players out before you’ve even played a game is a lot. Murdoch, Robinson, Smith, Beadling, Thomson and Ashcroft all missing, for the second game in a row. Assume Vincent will be available from Saturday.

Good to see McCann get another goal. Could be a real asset in the future.

Murdoch is a long term injury. The rest will just be little things that the manager won't want to risk in a friendly. Pretty sure Ashcroft is simply away (holiday?). Robinson as well I think.

While I'm usually not very keen to share #itk information, the "injuries" to the first team players are all absolutely minor, however AJ is off the mindset that there's little to no justification on running the risk of further injuries. I tend to agree tbh. 

Edited by Grant228

AJ keeping Smith, Ashcroft, Beadling and Robinson all under wraps until the season kicks off, I like it!

As its pretty obvious El Bak is leaving Dundee and if he pitches up here will he be announced at the Tranmere game or walk out at the strip launch?

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We are clearly intimidated by wedderburn

Higgy was battling with Nat most of the shift and, got the better of him plenty times too. 

Nat sprinted for a loose ball at one point and, beat Higgy to it. Where was that pace when he was with us? 

Rovers were the better team in the first half but our young lads were at least on par when they came on. 

All in all we are looking not too bad right now and, when our lads gel we will be a quick team with plenty strength in it. I only hope we can get a quick and extremely handsome striker with fantastic ball control in before the start of the season. 

16 hours ago, Potted hOuGh said:

I'm pretty tired of the Faissal roadshow. 

I'm sure AJ will have moved on from this and is looking at someone perhaps more eager to sign for a club looking for promotion.

Here's hoping we get someone soon enough.

I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon and if no word I'll burn my El Bak pyjamas and accept it's time to move on. He plugged away for a while at East End before coming good so might not even consider a drop in divisions if he believes he can cut it in the top league. Maybe end up at Livi or St Mirren or tough it out at Dundee. 

27 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I'll give it until tomorrow afternoon and if no word I'll burn my El Bak pyjamas and accept it's time to move on. He plugged away for a while at East End before coming good so might not even consider a drop in divisions if he believes he can cut it in the top league. Maybe end up at Livi or St Mirren or tough it out at Dundee. 

Well, the Livi fans keep saying they have no money, so unless their assistant dips into the suitcase of cash he keeps under the bed, that looks unlikely. St Mirren, you'd imagine would want someone they can have faith in chipping in with the goals, and that doesn't really look likely from Fais. 

At this stage, he's gonna have to make a move happen himself, or rot for another year. Comes down to whether he prefers money, or football.