Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're fucking garbage and finishing 8th this coming season.

Well, that  would be less than ideal. However, we'll probably, at least, make the promotion play-offs. 

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Well, that  would be less than ideal. However, we'll probably, at least, make the relegation play-offs. 

FTFY.

For what it's worth, I'd rather it had been @Grant228 that I was replying to, he always takes banter well. :thumsup2

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah. Never knew you were a Tranmere fan

I've seen Tranmere fuk us and St Johnstone in Scotland, that's when we were league 1, maybe championship.

Surely must be a worry that I'm guessing its Ryan and Longridge up top, I'd say getting beat of Tranmere too but we have been a non league team in name only

1 minute ago, Newmember said:

I think Dunfermline will struggle this season . recruitment has been very poor 6th or 7th for me 

Are you new, not sure if I've seen you posting around here before? 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Surely must be a worry that I'm guessing its Ryan and Longridge up top, I'd say getting beat of Tranmere too but we have been a non league team in name only

Can't say I'm worried tbf. Today's team started without our best centre back, our best centre midfielder and without whatever striker we will sign to partner Ryan, it'll be a vastly different one that actually plays in the league. 

Longridge wasn't even upfront, he was playing more as a centre midfielder. Ryan and McCann? Were upfront, a 5-3-2 with Longridge, Craigan and Higginbotham as your "3"was never going to end well but at this stage of the season it's all about match fitness. 

The defence didn't look great but I think a good proportion of that was playing a system that's quite alien to us without any protection from midfield. 

Our season will probably hinge on whoever it is we bring in to partner and challenge Ryan, I'm sure Smith and McCann will get the odd few minutes but I don't think they're upto starting. 

7 minutes ago, Newmember said:

You will need 2 players to score 15 each to make top 6 . no way Andy Ryan or any other striker at the club just now will score 15 . 

There's literally not a club at this level who had two 15 goal a season strikers last year, I'm sure it was only Dobbie that reached 15 league goals. 

Just now, Newmember said:

Clark had 14 who is going to get that in your Squad 

Aj said this week in the paper he wants to finish higher than last season no way that will happen with the players he has signed 

Who on earth knows? We don't even know who our starting strike force is going to be and how they'll play together, Ryan has banged in the goals at the level below and got a decent haul last year considering his game time, will he get 14? No idea but I'd imagine he'll surpass the total that McManus got. 

Your claim that Dunfermline, in fact any team needs two striker to get 15 goals each in the league to finish in the top six is absolute nonsense.  

Your entitled to your thoughts mine are .the teams who have two front men who score 15 or more will finish in top 4

Clark will score more than 15 at Utd the down fall for the pars will be lack of goals . Andy Ryan won't get double figures 

Edited by Newmember

19 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't say I'm worried tbf. Today's team started without our best centre back, our best centre midfielder and without whatever striker we will sign to partner Ryan, it'll be a vastly different one that actually plays in the league. 

Longridge wasn't even upfront, he was playing more as a centre midfielder. Ryan and McCann? Were upfront, a 5-3-2 with Longridge, Craigan and Higginbotham as your "3"was never going to end well but at this stage of the season it's all about match fitness. 

The defence didn't look great but I think a good proportion of that was playing a system that's quite alien to us without any protection from midfield. 

Our season will probably hinge on whoever it is we bring in to partner and challenge Ryan, I'm sure Smith and McCann will get the odd few minutes but I don't think they're upto starting. 

A week before the season starts and getting pumped of a team that is probably a week behind your preparation at home, the ole pre season fitness line wouldn't wash with me if it was reversed taking above into consideration. 

I never rated either Clark or McManus but they have left a massive hole for your lot and I'm guessing you have had more players out than in....Still no concern

Your entitled to your thoughts mine are .the teams who have two front men who score 15 or more will finish in top 4
Clark will score more than 15 at Utd the down fall for the pars will be lack of goals . Andy Ryan won't get double figures 

At this rate if a team has 2 strikers that score 15 goals each they’ll win the league. There’s not one single team in this league that has 2 strikers that’ll score 15+ goals at the moment.

As for Andy Ryan I can’t say for sure how many goals he’ll score but he seemed to carry a pretty poor Airdrie team into the play offs so if he’s got decent service from the midfield or a strike partner then I reckon he’ll do ok. Be interesting to see how El Bakhtaoui does if he signs. He tore League 1 up but never did anything like that in the Premiership so you’d imagine his level at the minute is the Championship.

Always disappointed to see a Scottish side beaten by English dross.

No doubt now all the Tranmere fans' nans would run riot up here, breaking all historical records, with Margaret from Birkenhead having a statue erected of her outside Hampden (even though she died 20 years ago).

Poor show.