Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Crawford on a full term basis would be a dreadful appointment.

It would also ruin his reputation among a lot of fans which would be a shame as he's a legitimate Pars legend.

Why would he be dreadful? Played at a decent level, has had a brief time as a manager years ago but since then has predominantly been an assistant in pretty successful teams, I've no idea how he'd do but he's definitely worth a short spell. 

I quite like the idea of the Edinburgh City manager... 

I don't know but I feel it's a huge risk for a guy like Craw, he'd be putting his reputation at the club on the line and if it went tits up, the section of our fans that are impatient would be on his back before Christmas.

I think we need someone with good experience, a good record of taking clubs forward and upwards and able to engage well with the fans.

Not too much to ask but, you know.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Why would he be dreadful? Played at a decent level, has had a brief time as a manager years ago but since then has predominantly been an assistant in pretty successful teams, I've no idea how he'd do but he's definitely worth a short spell. 

I quite like the idea of the Edinburgh City manager... 

Because he wasn't very good as a manager before.

Potter was a successful assistant and highly thought of as well. We know how him taking over worked out.

Re the Edinburgh City manager, I'm never keen on appointing someone based on 1 good start to a season (see also Ian McCall).

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Because he wasn't very good as a manager before.

Potter was a successful assistant and highly thought of as well. We know how him taking over worked out.

Re the Edinburgh City manager, I'm never keen on appointing someone based on 1 good start to a season (see also Ian McCall).

East Fife fans were generally happy enough with him, and regardless that was a long time ago now, he's had a ton of experience since with different managers to learn from.

Potter shouldn't have been given the job permanently at the start, it should've been an interim basis. However it's also worth pointing out he hasn't had nearly as much coaching or management experience as what Crawford does. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

East Fife fans were generally happy enough with him, and regardless that was a long time ago now, he's had a ton of experience since with different managers to learn from.

Potter shouldn't have been given the job permanently at the start, it should've been an interim basis. However it's also worth pointing out he hasn't had nearly as much coaching or management experience as what Crawford does. 

Were they?

He resigned after a long winless spell with East Fife in 8th position.

He might have learned a lot but that doesn't make him a better manager. Ian Cathro had a ton of experience under various managers and his reign was disastrous. 

Crawford might turn out to be a decent manager, but it would be taking an awfully big gamble, and I don't think that is something we should be doing with potentially such an important appointment.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Were they?

He resigned after a long winless spell with East Fife in 8th position.

He might have learned a lot but that doesn't make him a better manager. Ian Cathro had a ton of experience under various managers and his reign was disastrous. 

Crawford might turn out to be a decent manager, but it would be taking an awfully big gamble, and I don't think that is something we should be doing with potentially such an important appointment.

From what I read a few weeks back on this forum, apparently had them playing good football. 

You can pick out individual examples but what about Jack Ross? Every manager has to start somewhere. I'm sure Jimmy Mac wasn't first choice but done well in his spell so was given the job, logically we should take a 2/3 weeks period to conduct the process, it makes sense to give it to Crawford on that interim basis, if he done well in it I'd be happy for him to have the job. 

8 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Is that what the Samaritan's said to you when you rang them about your weekend plans?

To be honest I'm surprised they took your call seriously.

They did and asked me for your number Tragic . first hurdle failed last night 

Do or Die Saturday of you lot 

21 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I get the impression of Potter wants to be everybody's mate. He seems a really decent bloke and I think that's why he is a popular coach. It's also the reason I don't think he ever be a great manager.

It was all about trebling his wages simple