Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Well, playing them every 5 games? 

The way the fixtures worked up meant we were less likely to pick up points from the first 5 games than the latter, anyone who wasn't hysterically screaming for change would've seen that, evidently. 

Expect to see Poet screaming at the taxi rank outside Jiggies asking for Duffie #Itk

Today was his first league win in six months, it's hardly hysterical that myself or anyone else would think someone else could have done a smidge better over that period.

I'd absolutely love to be totally wrong about him, as I've said many times. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That shut down years ago as well! No surprise. I worked there for a bit and the folk who ran it ran it terribly. 

3 hours ago, smpar said:

Jiggies shut down nearly 2 year ago.

Square go inside the Watering Hole, now. 

Cardle to come back and haunt us? [emoji21] God, the thought of it. Really worried about saturday now. Id of preferred if caldwell was still in charge. Its going to give the thistle players a massive boost, no doubt playing for their spot in the team looking to impress new manager coming in. Hoping that we can put all that to one side, and realise how deep in the proverbial sh** we could be with a loss.
Having said that, 3-0 pars and nisbet to find his scoring boots again. Please! [emoji7]

How are you with lottery numbers?

Ryan Dow seems to make us tick, from an attacking perspective. His composure with the ball and his intelligence in spotting a pass/making a run is so far ahead of anything else we’ve got. Keep him fit and we’ll be ok.

Having Dow and Kiltie on the pitch at the same time is something that many teams in this league can only dream of. No surprise that Nisbet suddenly came back to life, with that quality behind him.

Also, Lewis Martin is a very good CB. Turns out he has actually come on so much as a player, not just ‘found his position’ at full back. Obviously been a lot of work put in away from the pitch and he deserves credit for that.

That shut down years ago as well! No surprise. I worked there for a bit and the folk who ran it ran it terribly. 

One of the few places up the town I got served despite being blatantly underage.

Unrelated question, when did you work there?

Wasn't at the game yesterday but the week before you could see that we had found a good combination in the back 4.  Martin looks the perfect foil for Ashcroft and the two fullbacks are as good as I've seen in a long time.

Said last week that the midfield was the problem and it sounds like Kiltie and Dow have given us genuine creativity we were lacking.

Going back to the basics with our formation has helped I think. Think there was a bit too much over thinking first few weeks.

1 hour ago, smpar said:

One of the few places up the town I got served despite being blatantly underage.

Unrelated question, when did you work there?

Can't recall the exact dates but late 2012 until probably March/April time 2013