Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Is the programme shop still open at East End Park after the untimely passing of the lady, Margaret Ross, that organised it? 

I was going to come down to take in a match (when people finally see sense and open the stadiums again even if it's in a reduced capacity) and at the same time handover some programmes and fanzines but thought that it might now be closed given the circumstances mentioned above

Meaning that bizarrely you think they are not seeing sense in closing them at the moment? 🤔

Meaning that bizarrely you think they are not seeing sense in closing them at the moment? [emoji848]

Best ignoring people like that. Just trying to get a reaction.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Chill out dawg. I meant how we always get pages of comments every year about the new kit when it doesn’t matter at all.

It doesn't really matter (usually!) but folk do like to discuss it, especially when they are usually released during the close season when there's little else football related to talk about.

It doesn't really matter (usually!) but folk do like to discuss it, especially when they are usually released during the close season when there's little else football related to talk about.

Pretty much what I was going to say. It’s something to mull over when there’s not going to be any actual football for quite some time.

Last time we had a home kit like that (mainly white) we won the league. Just saying.

Pretty much what I was going to say. It’s something to mull over when there’s not going to be any actual football for quite some time.

Last time we had a home kit like that (mainly white) we won the league. Just saying.
Keddie and Smith were also socially distancing from the rest of the team and the ball. Omen?

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 16:55, parsforlife said:

Red and black away top is promising.

Marv Stewart runs the supporters hub, it’s been a while since I’ve been in but I’m pretty sure she’ll accept any donations as she has done since starting it up when the shit hit the fan.

Margaret ross was involved in the supporters trust and part of the group who took the club out of administration serving on the board until her death a few years ago.

Both good people but I think you have got them mixed up.

Hopefully you’ll be able to get down when we get back to playing games.

Thanks ParsforLife. Good to hear that Marv will accept my donations as I really didn't want to turf them out. And it will be good to combine it with another visit to East End Park. I haven't been there since the Pars beat Ayr United 4-2 in 2015, and before that just when the Dons have been playing.

And yes I got mixed up, but obviously both ladies who love/loved the club

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Bullen! Absolutely underrated player because of his versatility. Was Calderwood wrong to leave him out the cup final side in 2004?

Would have had him ahead of Labonte, shite player.

21 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Meaning that bizarrely you think they are not seeing sense in closing them at the moment? 🤔

Well I'm not sure if the authorities have seen sense during this pandemic. I'm a SNP voter; however, Sturgeon can get all serious now but where was the caution when Snake Mountain was hosting 50,000 fans to watch Newco v Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and then the next night they stopped 5,000 fans assembling at Fir Park.

And I see a certain irony of postponing lower division matches in Scotland for fear of a virus spreading through the crowd when most of the teams (especially in the bottom two leagues, and the Highland and Lowland) couldn't get people in if they paid them. It seems to me that many of these teams have been practising social distancing since around the 1950s.

But what I was referring to was the suggestion on Radio Scotland that we might not being able to go and watch football again in this country until at least September or maybe even not until 2021. Firstly, how can the predict that, and secondly if the UK and Scotland hasn't got the virus under control then we need to start assessing if the people in power politically are fit for the job.

The haven't stopped my old fella at 69 going offshore to rig where a Liverpudlian was medivac off with suspected Covid. They haven't tried to impose any temperature checks on workers going offshore. They haven't stopped somebody with Covid travelling up from Liverpool to the heliport in berdeen and possibly spreading the virus through the length and breadth of the country.They haven't closed the borders. They haven't protected the care homes better or provided health and care workers with proper PPE. But they can stop 300 people going to Stair Park for a fitba match....:unsure:

Edited by Bogbrush1903