Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Whilst we discuss dunfermline eateries and the price of a bacon roll, Falkirk are signing league winners!1!1!!1 Exactly what's wrong with this club!1!1@

McGinn is an interesting one, undoubtedly a good signing but you wouldn't have say Hamilton and him in the same team? And I'd rather have Hamilton. 

Would have took Gary Oliver, just so he doesn't score against us. Other than that, really not fussed about those signings they're making if that's the team we've to beat this season.

Aye, there's probably not a fanbase that rates Gary Oliver higher than us, if we had signed him and Mackie though I'd be distinctly underwhelmed. 

McGinn is a good signing but I'd rather have Hamilton. 

None of those signings alarm me in the slightest, although I'd guess Falkirk fans would say the same about our business so far.

Falkirk are a title contender with McGlynn in charge though. They probably won't be an exciting team to watch but they'll win a lot of games.

Can't say I've ever noticed Chris Hamilton play but from what I hear, his style of play aligned with his family allegiences is a recipe for either cult hero or legendary status.

Edited by Chubbychops

Everyone seems quite relaxed about the forwards but it gives me the fear. There are only so many times O’Hara can end up 9th or 10th in the league without things pointing to that being his level. McCann is someone I’d like to see us sell as can see him doing a job at a higher level than us but maybe not a player who would get the heap of goals we need next season. Between them Todorov and Wighton scored maybe 3 goals between them last season? We played 180 minutes against the team who finished 4th in this league without scoring so why will these guys suddenly become goal machines?

McPake looks to be doing good business so far. I don’t think any of our forwards as are lost causes but maybe he can move one or two on or find someone who could work well with/behind one of the current forwards.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Probably one for the future? Google says he’s 17, so would be surprised if we announce this - we can’t announce all of our academy signings.

The academy signings tend to come as as group. 

It’s safe to say there’s a lot I get frustrated at the club for, but this kind of thing probably needs the coaching structure sorted, an announcement of who will take the u20s and where they’ll be playing before the players get introduced.

On Falkirks signings,  Donaldson is the only one I’m really jealous of,  McGinn should be a good signing for them but not likely suited for us, and Oliver is just a jersey filler for 32 games a season.  Ok to have around to play 20 minutes here and then but not a match winner himself unless he plays against us.  Can’t exactly see mackie being a star either.

Let’s see how things settle down come opening day.

Everyone seems quite relaxed about the forwards but it gives me the fear. There are only so many times O’Hara can end up 9th or 10th in the league without things pointing to that being his level. McCann is someone I’d like to see us sell as can see him doing a job at a higher level than us but maybe not a player who would get the heap of goals we need next season. Between them Todorov and Wighton scored maybe 3 goals between them last season? We played 180 minutes against the team who finished 4th in this league without scoring so why will these guys suddenly become goal machines?
McPake looks to be doing good business so far. I don’t think any of our forwards as are lost causes but maybe he can move one or two on or find someone who could work well with/behind one of the current forwards.
Nah, a front 2 of O'Hara and Wighton will see us fine.

I know it was said you had a hell of a strikeforce at the start of last season and that didn't lead to much, but I genuinely think with O'Hara, Wighton and Todorov, you're really set up front. McPake likes all three of them, and hopefully he'll get it right where the other jokers from last season couldn't and use them properly.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Felt sorry for the strikers last season, they were sacrificed under hughes in a desperate attempt to fix other issues/a pursuit to end games with the most possession rather than the most goals and under grants ‘system’ nobody could look good.

Edited by parsforlife