Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

From what I heard (from multiple people) at the time, it is 30%. Due to covid and it’s impact on finances, we accepted a lower upfront fee than the one we rejected in January 2020, on the basis that we got a 30% sell on fee.

Same story as I had been told but it was 20%. The problem with being told off several people (espcially in a small place like Dunfermline) it can all come from one source and spread. Hopefully its 30%

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

About time that was broken to be fair.

I don't know if you were around at the time or maybe some posters were, was that used for any specific projects or was it just spent generally.

Obviously getting way to far ahead of myself but if the club suddenly came into £1m+ I'd want the tannoy/PA system upgraded and "Safe" standing installed.

Oh and I know this seems our there but every turnstyle fixed so that they all work, particularly in the NW.

Would love the sound system to be upgraded, I thought it was just the NW that was a bit iffy but I relocated to the Norrie for this season and it's absolutely guff. Of course if we can look to invest it in more Nisbet type players, improve and sell on that would be ideal but easier said than done.

Just now, Fifes Elite Force said:

Same story as I had been told but it was 20%. The problem with being told off several people (espcially in a small place like Dunfermline) it can all come from one source and spread. Hopefully its 30%

If anyone asks you say 30%, Hibs might forget that it's only 15% and go with the rumours circulating round the toon.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

About time that was broken to be fair.

I don't know if you were around at the time or maybe some posters were, was that used for any specific projects or was it just spent generally 

I think it was just spent on players, although the ground got a bit of work done too around the same time (the away end had been wooden railway sleepers and ash but got replaced with concrete steps and new crush barriers, only a few years later we had to build the stands!).

The biggest feeling at the time though was that we had been ripped off, or at the very least our board had let him go on the cheap. We got about £600,000 for him while Raith sold Kieran McAnespie (who both at the time and over their careers was clearly not as good as McNamara) for around - maybe even over - £1 million. We should have got at least seven figures. He'd also just destroyed Dundee Utd and we were looking to beat them to the title so we had lost a player who we'd rather have kept.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The biggest feeling at the time though was that we had been ripped off, or at the very least our board had let him go on the cheap. We got about £600,000 for him while Raith sold Kieran McAnespie (who both at the time and over their careers was clearly not as good as McNamara) for around - maybe even over - £1 million. We should have got at least seven figures. He'd also just destroyed Dundee Utd and we were looking to beat them to the title so we had lost a player who we'd rather have kept.

Yeah we were ripped off. Prett much as soon as he was at Selik he was valued around 2m within months. Then look at the service they got out him, he was a bargain for them. 

Edited by Heaton

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd hope that if Hibs do want to sell, that they'll take into account that they owe us a percentage and raise his price even higher as a result. 

I think some had rumoured last January that they would have accepted the final offer had they not needed to send any our way.  How much truth? No idea

1 hour ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Is the Nisbet sell on fee a one off if Hibs sell him or say he went to Celtic and was a big hit there getting a big move down south, would The Pars get a cut of that transfer fee too? 

I believe there’s a trickle down effect to stop clubs paying out by just putting in dodgy add ons and a low upfront fee.   ‘Him, nah we only got a pound for him,  canny be giving you any of the unpredictable multi-million add ons, like when he takes his first touch, at training. 

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I do wonder how things would have panned out if he didn't jack it in at the end of 20-21.

Doubt we’d have finished in the bottom two anyway, but all in the past now and poor decisions were made, to put it lightly. Hopefully the trajectory continues to be upward with Cook now as CEO.  

Unrelated note, but Todd, Bene, and Edwards would all have to shit the bed the remainder of the season to not get in to the team of the year. 

Nothing major to report from tonight’s Supporters Council meeting. David Cook, James McPake & Matty Todd all there, all spoke well. Thomas Meggle was there also but didn’t speak. No real update on the training base from what we know already.

Questions were the norm, nothing exciting. Someone did ask about the kit deal, it is ending with Joma in the summer after 10 years. New manufacturer is agreed, wasn’t announced but David Cook did say (in response to the question where adidas were mentioned) were not quite in a place to be attracting Adidas & Nike but the next tier down is where we’re at, new manufacturer a good fit for the club, have promised bespoke kits plus bespoke training/leisurewear which sounds class. I’d love Umbro!

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I do wonder how things would have panned out if he didn't jack it in at the end of 20-21.

Probably lurching between long winning and losing runs but with some class signings, I doubt we would have been relegated.

However when we finally get into the top flight and consolidate I hope there is a position for him in scouting, recruitment academy development etc. should he want to come back.

ETA, probably in about 30 years.

Edited by 101

Big IF but if we were to secure promotion and get a healthy sell-on from Nisbet before next season, I think we need to try and chuck everything we can, whilst being pragmatic, at getting promoted to the Premiership straight away. Not saying go out and buy players we can’t afford but at least try and be the ones that offer some of the best wages to players that will compete with the likes of Ross County, Queens Park etc whose only real attraction is the money they are shelling out  

I’ve every faith that McPake can take us in that direction. He did it with Dundee at the first time of asking. I know I’m getting a bit ahead of myself, but it’s finally good to have some positivity which is enabling us to have these conversations. We’ve had to deal with some amount of shite recently. 

16 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Big IF but if we were to secure promotion and get a healthy sell-on from Nisbet before next season, I think we need to try and chuck everything we can, whilst being pragmatic, at getting promoted to the Premiership straight away. Not saying go out and buy players we can’t afford but at least try and be the ones that offer some of the best wages to players that will compete with the likes of Ross County, Queens Park etc whose only real attraction is the money they are shelling out  

I’ve every faith that McPake can take us in that direction. He did it with Dundee at the first time of asking. I know I’m getting a bit ahead of myself, but it’s finally good to have some positivity which is enabling us to have these conversations. We’ve had to deal with some amount of shite recently. 

I would pay a development fee for Sam Fisher and bring in a bit more defensive cover on top of that. Think we could do with pushing the wage structure for a quality midfielder if we moved up and had a windfall.

I think our forwards are fine. Wighton is back to the player that first joined us. I wouldn't be surprised to see Todorov leave. Not a great deal of game time and I think he is one of the top earners.  Could see Agyeman replacing him.

Overall I would say keeping the momentum going with the majority of this team and adding 2-3 improvements could get us challenging next year if we get promoted. Interest to see how we get on in the next couple of games against top end championship sides.