Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Journo from the Dunf Press was doing the post match with Dave McKay. McKay said that we might see Fisher back, it’s not dead in the water.

Cheeky wee offer from the Pars to sign the lad either this window or pre contract with a extra addon fee to Dundee to loan him back until then would work for me

Edited by Heaton

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Dundee really are a midden of an outfit. Can't get a game on at their hovel of a ground, their fans still harping on about McPake and them taking back Fisher to sit doing sod all game wise. I hope the laddie comes back to us. He obviously wants to play for McPake, like the rest of the players. McPake has us exactly where he said he intended to have us as a team. He said he wanted to ditch the losing mentality and make us hard to beat, to have us organised. He said he wouldn't just go out and bring in players to bolster squad size, he'd bring in players with the right mindset and attitude. He has achieved all of this so far. I've sat in on a few fan communication sessions with the manager and, his passion for the game, the players and this club are obvious. He doesn't talk in riddles, spew clichés and deal out false promises: he tells it straight. He's the 1st competent manager this club has had in some time. He also said he when initially arrived at EEP, he was impressed with the enthusiasm of our Board, the passion, the facilities, and professionalism compared to previous clubs (wonder what clubs he meant) he'd been at. Dundee fans can remain bitter toward McPake while we collectively strive to improve the Pars lot, f**k Dundee and their fans.

Some managers just fit at clubs. Dick at Arbroath, McGlynn at Raith (before he signed a rapist)

I think McPake fits us just fine. Like you say he wanted us to start winning games again. 

I like where we're going as a club. Long may it continue 

I don’t understand people claiming Fisher’s been recalled and they won’t play him. I honestly don’t think they’d have recalled him if they didn’t plan to play him. A Dundee CB broke his leg yesterday, so I think Fisher would have been recalled anyway.

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Some managers just fit at clubs. Dick at Arbroath, McGlynn at Raith (before he signed a rapist)

I think McPake fits us just fine. Like you say he wanted us to start winning games again. 

I like where we're going as a club. Long may it continue 

In fairness to Dick he also done quite well at Forfar IIRC. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
24 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Macdonald has been good this season but has been excellent the last few games.

Can't believe that moron Hughes punted him out on loan, especially considering some of the utter trash he bought in.

Yogi Hughes, a clear example of a manager from a bygone era. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Macdonald has been good this season but has been excellent the last few games.

Can't believe that moron Hughes punted him out on loan, especially considering some of the utter trash he bought in.

Also Wighton to Arbroath

Also think Gaspuitis would've stayed if he played but he was apparently a fish up a tree playing as a right footer in the left sided centre back position. 

The big man along side Martin were the most solid partnership we had last season. He then brought in a total bomscare in Ambrose and played with two right footed centre backs. 

12 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Dundee really are a midden of an outfit. Can't get a game on at their hovel of a ground, their fans still harping on about McPake and them taking back Fisher to sit doing sod all game wise. I hope the laddie comes back to us. He obviously wants to play for McPake, like the rest of the players. McPake has us exactly where he said he intended to have us as a team. He said he wanted to ditch the losing mentality and make us hard to beat, to have us organised. He said he wouldn't just go out and bring in players to bolster squad size, he'd bring in players with the right mindset and attitude. He has achieved all of this so far. I've sat in on a few fan communication sessions with the manager and, his passion for the game, the players and this club are obvious. He doesn't talk in riddles, spew clichés and deal out false promises: he tells it straight. He's the 1st competent manager this club has had in some time. He also said he when initially arrived at EEP, he was impressed with the enthusiasm of our Board, the passion, the facilities, and professionalism compared to previous clubs (wonder what clubs he meant) he'd been at. Dundee fans can remain bitter toward McPake while we collectively strive to improve the Pars lot, f**k Dundee and their fans.

:lol:

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I don’t understand people claiming Fisher’s been recalled and they won’t play him. I honestly don’t think they’d have recalled him if they didn’t plan to play him. A Dundee CB broke his leg yesterday, so I think Fisher would have been recalled anyway.

Bowyer said in a pre match interview that we might be recalling some youth to cover some gaps. We then recalled Fisher and French broke his leg. Bowyer has now said defensive reinforcements are priority now.

Reckon if we get business done there's a good chance we'll extend his contract and send him your way again but we've really struggled to get bodies in.

Suppose it all comes down to if Bowyer rates Fisher or not.

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Suppose it all comes down to if Bowyer rates Fisher or not.

Sure I saw an interview in the Courier as recently as last week saying how pleased he was with Sams' progress/performances at the Pars - it really did sound like he would be with us until the end of the season. Shows how quickly things can change in football. At the end of the day it's a sore one for us but good for the laddie - he's not our player & that's the risk you take when you loan other clubs players. Hopefully the manager has prepared for this turn of events - to retain Hosler & Mochrie but losing Sam isn't as bad as it could have been.

9 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Sure I saw an interview in the Courier as recently as last week saying how pleased he was with Sams' progress/performances at the Pars - it really did sound like he would be with us until the end of the season. Shows how quickly things can change in football. At the end of the day it's a sore one for us but good for the laddie - he's not our player & that's the risk you take when you loan other clubs players. Hopefully the manager has prepared for this turn of events - to retain Hosler & Mochrie but losing Sam isn't as bad as it could have been.

I think the intention fully was to allow him to see out the season but because Bowyer doesn't view McGhee as a CH it means we only have Sweeney, Ashcroft & French as out and out CH's and with French's season being ended and Bowyer having real trouble trying to get bodies in, it's meant that Fisher had to come back. With French's injury happening after Fisher was recalled, I think it bizarrely has strengthened Dunfermline's chance of getting him back because Bowyer has now said his priority this window is to get in defensive reinforcements when previously it was attack.

Postponed Airdrie (a) game from December has now been rescheduled for the 11th of Feb which makes sense with us both being out of the cup. I imagine the Falkirk game will be a midweek now.

So we'll be away to them on the 11th then have them back at East End the following week.

Edited by The Toun Clock