Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Unfortunately the morons Grant and Hughes made Comrie look hopeless by playing him in daft positions he can’t play. He has shown he is capable of being a top Right Back in the Championship. 

Right Aaron you take Curtis Main at set pieces. 

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Unfortunately the morons Grant and Hughes made Comrie look hopeless by playing him in daft positions he can’t play. He has shown he is capable of being a top Right Back in the Championship. 

It's interesting though that Grant had Comrie playing as the right side central defender in a 3 at the back and it was a shambles, whereas he's played there often in the hybrid 4-3-3/3-4-3 under McPake and he's looked comfortable in both roles. Shows that he can play in those positions and I guess it was confidence (in himself and his teammates) rather than ability that caused the issues last season.

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

It's interesting though that Grant had Comrie playing as the right side central defender in a 3 at the back and it was a shambles, whereas he's played there often in the hybrid 4-3-3/3-4-3 under McPake and he's looked comfortable in both roles. Shows that he can play in those positions and I guess it was confidence (in himself and his teammates) rather than ability that caused the issues last season.

Issue with Grant’s stupid back 3 was the instructions given to wing backs. As soon as we got the ball, both wing backs would charge forward to be in line with the strikers. This meant that when we lost the ball, the RCB and LCB had to cover both the wide and central areas, effectively being asked to play full back and centre back at the same time. It was ridiculously easy for opponents to carve us apart. Unfortunately, our manager was too stupid to realise that, if the wing backs charge forward, someone else has to help out the defence. Opponents would attack the wide areas, the RCB/LCB would have to come out and none of the defenders knew who was responsible for marking strikers and wingers. It was a nightmare position for any player. An experienced CB would struggle with that. But Grant stuck a RB and a youngster with no real experience into these roles.

Midfielders also weren’t tracking runners, as we had nobody in a Hamilton type role, so it was a shambles all round, constantly outnumbered and out of position.

It was largely Grant not having a clue. But I’d still have expected midfielders (particularly experienced players like Dorrans) to be reading the game and trying to fill those gaps. They certainly shouldn’t be blindly following a manager’s instructions to the detriment of the team, when we’re conceding 3/4/5 every week.

53 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He had KRH as his pal on the right hand side which would make anyone play out their skin 

5 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not that it's of any surprise but the club officially confirm end of Joma contract, expect the new one could be announced tomorrow as it sounds like it's been done for some time.

Thank You Joma | Dunfermline Athletic Football Club (dafc.co.uk)

Traditionally, we tend to leave these things until quite close to the season starting, which I’ve always thought was silly given the amount of money that can be made from kit sales. Guess it is down to the manufacturers at times. It is definitely Errea I know that. Hopefully doesn’t look like a Grimsby Town shirt: something that is predominantly black throughout the full kit, with very little white or red. 

Watched that Si Ferry interview with McPake. Don’t think I’d explicitly heard McPake say before that the board would have backed him had he wanted to punt 10 of the squad he inherited and that was pretty much what he expected to be doing. But, after a few weeks of training he realised the standard and the morale was much better than he’d expected. 

East End Tales podcast episode 9 finally arrives.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12878853

Darren Young joins the podcast and gives an insight into his time at Dunfermline, in particular the Scottish Cup Final of 2007. We discuss:
  • France 98
  • Playing for the two Jimmies
  • His Hampden memories
  • The cup final of 2007
  • Funny dressing room stories
  • Winning League 2 with Stirling Albion
  • And much more
The lads are also back with their memories of Darren at Dunfermline, what we actually remember from 2007 and of course the climax to the 2022/2023 season.

If you don't want to wait for the link every month, subscribe to us on Spotify, Google, Apple podcasts or wherever is kind enough to stream us. If you like even just a tiny bit of what we do, give us a 5 star review and it'll cheer us up for the weekend! 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

East End Tales podcast episode 9 finally arrives.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12878853

Darren Young joins the podcast and gives an insight into his time at Dunfermline, in particular the Scottish Cup Final of 2007. We discuss:
  • France 98
  • Playing for the two Jimmies
  • His Hampden memories
  • The cup final of 2007
  • Funny dressing room stories
  • Winning League 2 with Stirling Albion
  • And much more
The lads are also back with their memories of Darren at Dunfermline, what we actually remember from 2007 and of course the climax to the 2022/2023 season.

If you don't want to wait for the link every month, subscribe to us on Spotify, Google, Apple podcasts or wherever is kind enough to stream us. If you like even just a tiny bit of what we do, give us a 5 star review and it'll cheer us up for the weekend! 

Looking forward to listening. There’s an incredible alumni of ex-Calderwood players now coaching.

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Traditionally, we tend to leave these things until quite close to the season starting, which I’ve always thought was silly given the amount of money that can be made from kit sales. Guess it is down to the manufacturers at times. It is definitely Errea I know that. Hopefully doesn’t look like a Grimsby Town shirt: something that is predominantly black throughout the full kit, with very little white or red. 

I think Dave Cook said it would be on sale by early June at the Supporters Council meeting the other week so I imagine it’ll be announced this month, I was totally not paying attention when I said “tomorrow” but I’d imagine very soon. 

He was asked about a kit launch/open day like they used to do in the Glen, he said the desire for kit isn’t what it was 10/15 years ago, not saying it doesn’t sell out but people don’t necessarily need it on day 1 so there won’t be a launch like that, which is good because we used to wait until about the second week in July to launch. I’m excited for it, new look for us, as much as I didn’t mind the Joma quality it felt a bit stale.