Walking Down The Halbeath Road

What is even the point of these things when the OF manager just wins it every season? Forget the fact McPake has broke all sorts of records and only lost 1 league game, let's just give it to the guy who manages a team with about 30x the budget of the nearest club that can challenge the OF. 

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

McPake is the only lower league manager to make the Scottish Football Writers managerial award nomination. Young at Stirling Albion absolutely robbed and as per usual Ange will win it for achieving exactly what is expected of him at the start of the season.

The list is a joke. If I’m trying to be fair, Darren Young should be winning that award. Don’t think they were expected to win that league pre-season, so he’s done a fantastic job there. McPake has done a great job, but winning league 1 with Dunfermline shouldn’t be treated as a massive/unexpected success. Still deserves credit and nominations for these awards though, due to the way he has turned us around at the club.

Barry Robson has been a manager for for what, 12/13 games? Hardly manager of the year credentials. Credit to them for not just picking league winners, but Robson is a mental shout. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

The list is a joke. If I’m trying to be fair, Darren Young should be winning that award. Don’t think they were expected to win that league pre-season, so he’s done a fantastic job there. McPake has done a great job, but winning league 1 with Dunfermline shouldn’t be treated as a massive/unexpected success. Still deserves credit and nominations for these awards though, due to the way he has turned us around at the club.

Barry Robson has been a manager for for what, 12/13 games? Hardly manager of the year credentials. Credit to them for not just picking league winners, but Robson is a mental shout. 

Yeh it should 100% be Young. I'm sure he was like 10 points off the pace or something absolutely remarkable last half of the season.

It's no wonder the coverage of our game is so shite when clearly the football writers haven't a clue about all 42 teams.

3 hours ago, 101 said:

McPake is the only lower league manager to make the Scottish Football Writers managerial award nomination. Young at Stirling Albion absolutely robbed and as per usual Ange will win it for achieving exactly what is expected of him at the start of the season.

Barry Robson nominated too after 12 games 🤣

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

East End Tales podcast episode 9 finally arrives.

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/12878853

Darren Young joins the podcast and gives an insight into his time at Dunfermline, in particular the Scottish Cup Final of 2007. We discuss:
  • France 98
  • Playing for the two Jimmies
  • His Hampden memories
  • The cup final of 2007
  • Funny dressing room stories
  • Winning League 2 with Stirling Albion
  • And much more
The lads are also back with their memories of Darren at Dunfermline, what we actually remember from 2007 and of course the climax to the 2022/2023 season.

If you don't want to wait for the link every month, subscribe to us on Spotify, Google, Apple podcasts or wherever is kind enough to stream us. If you like even just a tiny bit of what we do, give us a 5 star review and it'll cheer us up for the weekend! 

Very good again, thanks and well done! Looking forward to the end of season review next.

Great to see,  He's proved himself as mr consistent and can play a few positions as well as already shown himself to be more than capable at championship level under craw.  Anyone worried about his performances under hughes/grant need to remember that they are clueless useless c***s and could have made maldini look bad.

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Great to see,  He's proved himself as mr consistent and can play a few positions as well as already shown himself to be more than capable at championship level under craw.  Anyone worried about his performances under hughes/grant need to remember that they are clueless useless c***s and could have made maldini look bad.

Pretty much everyone looked bad under Grant and Hughes!

Good to hear that Comrie has signed the extension. He must be one of our longest serving players now? I imagine Todd would be the longest serving with McCann close behind. Edwards will be up there too.

27 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty much everyone looked bad under Grant and Hughes!

Good to hear that Comrie has signed the extension. He must be one of our longest serving players now? I imagine Todd would be the longest serving with McCann close behind. Edwards will be up there too.

Comrie and Edwards both signed summer 2019 and been first team regulars for majority of that time. Comrie played 143 games, Edwards has played 140. Every chance both players are over 200 games by the end of their new contracts. In the modern game, that’s very good.

McCann has played 102 games, which genuinely surprised me. I expected the figure to be around 80. Todd’s played 84.

Although McCann and Todd have been at the club longer, it’s hard to see them as long serving first team players as they’ve only been regularly involved for 2 years.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Comrie and Edwards both signed summer 2019 and been first team regulars for majority of that time. Comrie played 143 games, Edwards has played 140. Every chance both players are over 200 games by the end of their new contracts. In the modern game, that’s very good.

McCann has played 102 games, which genuinely surprised me. I expected the figure to be around 80. Todd’s played 84.

Although McCann and Todd have been at the club longer, it’s hard to see them as long serving first team players as they’ve only been regularly involved for 2 years.

84 already for Todd?? I thought he'd only played a handful of games before last season.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

84 already for Todd?? I thought he'd only played a handful of games before last season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matty-todd/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/422034

there’s my source. Usually pretty reliable. To be fair, he played in 40 games this season and 26 last season. 18 other appearances seems about right. Crawford gave him quite a few sub appearances in his first half-season.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Nice little video to announce it. Hope the club do more along those lines! 

It’s good and I haven’t seen the hoodie he’s wearing before which I very much want but to maximise marketing we really need to keep these things in house longer,  he was telling anyone who listened post QoTS a deal was done and even this week the papers had it confirmed well before the club said anything, we’ve massively lost out on the surprise reveal market 

1 hour ago, par-adise said:

If this Ayr side can finish 2nd in the championship I'm quietly confident about next season.

Got to say, I've not seen much evidence that says we can't mix it with the top half of the Championship.

4-5 good signings added to the current crop signed up and we'll be fine.

Edited by Chubbychops